Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

lsd q...

E-n

Bluelighter
I'm posting this Q again hoping for proper responses and not flames because i'm a youngen...
I juz had my first trip and my question is what do u people like to do when ur comin' down off some acid so that u don't get all grumpy and stuff???
Please don't say stuff like how stupid and reckless i am for jumping into this drug because i've been scared of it for ages and stayed away for a year coz of the stuff i've read and heard... shadow's told me to only have it wif people i'm confortable with and to have no worries when i take it and wa sin that situation.. so.. i had some........
i juz asked a question... and i juz want some answers to help out in the future... thanks
smile.gif

well doode, you shouldnt have been told off at all, especially asking a sensible question like that. Those of you who flamed should rethink your attitude.
Coming down off acid? Well, i get VERY nasty comedowns from cid, thus I dont do it. Well, maybe once in a blue moon (say twice a year) but when I'm coming down, I basically take more drugs. Sounds bad, but its the way I do it.
I either smoke lots of pot and take a SHIT load of G (just enough to make you pass out, say about 25ml) OR if you can get your hands on some valium, do that. Its a bit safer.
See, with acid, it just never lets me go. For the first 6 or 7 hours its really fun, great visuals lots of laughing and very intense, but after that, I just crack it and feel like ive had enough of it, you know? I try and sleep and it totally fails. Constant thoughts just keep spinning around in your head, and it totally puts your head in, and if you had even ONE bad experience it keeps relaying back and forth (well, for me anyway) so yeah, I just load myself up with G and smoke and i'm just sweet. Fall asleep, wake up feeling like someone twisted your head inside out, but at least you get some sleep. Make sure tho, you take LOTS of vitamin C and multi vitamins as well, to stop your head getting completely fee-ucked.
Hope ive helped a bit E-n. I know A LOT of people wont agree with my method, but I find, for me at least, its the most successful.
But also remember - moderation is the key.

Erm, 25ml of G? ...what if he's never had any and 25ml is too much?
E-n, don't go taking 25ml if you've never had it before, if I'd done that the first time I had it I would have been in a whole world of trouble... And have people around who know what you've taken...
And as for smoking, I'd seriously flip out in a bad way if I tried that, so be cautious there too... However, if you've smoked a bit in your time, go for it
wink.gif

All this in just my opinion btw, and I'm not dissing Horsey's advice, just offering my opinion of his
wink.gif
(which I'm sure he'll slap me round for it next time I see him
wink.gif
)
Oh yeah, so what can you do? Well, i'd say try to do something that will relax you and calm you down... Maybe watch a good film, or read a book (tho most people can't manage that in that state) or chat with some friends who are in a better mood...
But all in all the best thing to do IMO is to go to sleep, and if Horsey's advice helps you get there, go for it... (just be careful...)
And enjoy the drug, it can be a whole lot of fun if you do it right (not like I did, but that's another story, in another thread somewhere...)
------------------
-=Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental=-

when you feel yourself coming down off the 'cid just whack two getafixes under your eyelids, one under each eyelid and you wont come down for a week
smile.gif
and you'll feel right as rain.
*slaps* evil nickstaH! shhh, back in your box.

Listen to some of your favourite music. Watch a movie, Surf the net. Get your wife to make you a hot chocalate in a blue mug with a dog painted on it, and laugh youself stupid for 1/2 hour about the colour blue(Sorry personal joke).
Or just get into a really looong conversation with a friend.
cc
ps. but don't try to catch the train home from flinders street station. The ticket machines will know you have taken acid and won't validate your ticket
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by CC (edited 19 February 2001).]

E-n 1st of all i wanted to say i'm very glad u enjoyed ur 1st trip!
now bout the comedown thing...
coming down on acid can make ppl feel really paranoid, they get a bad headache and usually get "bored" and donno wut to do!
it's like coming down on anything else i guess, but acid seems a bit more annoying!
i recKon it's cause the whole adventure goes on for such a long time and ur brain is so busy doing stuff for the whole 4-5 hrz (even longer) that when the effects start to go away, it's really hard to get back to reality! cause all the visuals are gone, ur not laughing ur ass off no more, ur not thinking bout all these things at the same time and all u have got left is this massive scatterness, ur tired and u feel ur brain is hurting...
so u just want it all to stop!
triping takes a lot out of you so that's why while coming down u feel as if u've gone through this massive work-out or something!!
so in my opinion u just have to find ur own way round it! after a few times u just learn wut ur body wants and the comedowns get easier!
as i told u b 4, being with a good/fun company helps a lot, cause i reckon if u can keep ur mind busy while coming down, it just doesn't seem as bad!
if u wanna take something to help u out, G would be a good thing! (wut's new?!?!
wink.gif
)
but if u just wanna do it without the help of any other drugz, do things that u enjoy.
talk to friends, watch t.v or ur favourit movie/cartoon, write down all the adventures u had and basically keep ur mind busy!
cause like i said, while triping ur mind is constantly doing something, but once it's back to reality, it gets bored, has nothing else to do and that's when the bad thoughts/feelings start!
i personally luv to sit down and think bout all the adventures i had, all the stupid things which made me laugh for hrz (this makes me laugh for a few more hrz!!), maybe write down some stuff in my diary and then top it all off by watching my fave cartoonz!
this is wut i do/think anyway, everyone's different!
oh yeah and happy b'day 4 this thursday biAtch! hope u have a great day! *muWah*
p.S >> MAN, so many ppl replied while i was typing this!! Tarsarlan basically said wut i said, stop copying me waterboi! and don't listen to nickstaH, u saw him at kryal, didn't he just scare ya off? ur too hardKore nicK!
wink.gif

------------------
~~I'm not a vegetarian cause i luv animals. I'm a vegetarian cause i hate plants.~~
[This message has been edited by Shadow (edited 19 February 2001).]

a question for lsd users...
what is the story with the tv playing on fast forward.
i saw this at earthcore november!!

Hi, I'm a new one here too, but I'm fairly sure how to fix up a tripped-out dude.
Niacin loading will help the trip level out towards the end, so pile up on niacin-containing drinks (V or similar), but niacin pills work better.
If it's a really bad comedown, and you think you're going crazy, the best thing to do is to get hold of some thioridazine (Danzine I think) and take about 10mg of that. That should calm you down a bit.
The whole key is preperation my friends.

Hey guyz thanks for all the tips and otha crazy shit!!!
*hits nickta on the head* go make more holes in ur top boi!!!
...but yeah... thanks for the replies!!! shall take 'em all into consideration next time i do acid!!!
*hugz to all u luverly bluelighters*
------------------
*pop* "once you pop... you can't stop" PRINGLES

Hi dot.seven, welcome to BL, just curious though- how do niacin and thioridazine work to smooth out a trip, I've never heard that before.
Do you have a link or somethink?

Is Thioridazine at all like Thorazine?
If it is, you definately don't want to use it to end a trip...
Here's a quote from The Erowid Psychedelic Crisis FAQ
Treating a psychedelic crisis with Thorazine is to be avoided and is considered a form of extreme mental torture and has been known to result in weeks or months of psychological trauma for the person treated with this "mental straightjacket" while in the middle of a psychedelic crisis.
So if they are two different drugs, just make sure you don't get them mixed up...

The best things to do when coming down from trips, is to chow down some yummy orange flavoured Vit C tablets or suck on fresh oranges and go walk abouts down to the beach or thru the city, occupying yourself...
A few laughs with mates also helps
------------------
You live life once - so, go crazy, don't stop - make the most of it!

on your trip back to reality, the best thing to do is prepare to assimilate your experience into your base personality, which if you've had a succesful journey will be changed from the journey. don't try to sleep, stay up as long as you have to, go do some activity's go to a matinee, eat some food and reflect on what you have seen.
eat some multi vitamins, read a book and definitely don't do anything that requires responsibility this day, lsd is the greatest drug around, and least harmful physically