Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

MS Access Database For enlightens pill reports

Cowboy Mac

Bluelighter
ok well this has to do with results taken from drugs, and will probably get a better response here anyway
smile.gif
at Earthcore where enlighten were testing, johnboy came up with the idea of using a laptop with an MS Access database to input the details of the pill and test rather than using paper, and what a sweet timesaving idea.
this is where the bluelight community comes in. there must be someone out there with the skills to make us up a database entry file so we can enter in results etc. it would also be a lot easier to store and output results for statistics. email me or ICQ me your contact details (icq/email) for the specs if you can help, as well as post your offer in this thread. it wont be a complicated time consuming project, so donate your time to a community cause
smile.gif
Thanks guys, keep an out out on this thread for any update/volenteers.
[This message has been edited by Cowboy Mac (edited 05 February 2001).]

I design and code database apps for a living, so it shouldn't be too hard for me. I mainly use Oracle and havn't used Access for a while, but I should be OK with it.
smile.gif
smile.gif

I am in Perth though, so as long as you don't mind that, I'm happy to do it...

I would volunteer ( Access is piss easy ) but am on Holidays overseas for a few weeks. If you dont get a response from someone else ( sure you will ) email me and I will do it, but due to the reasons above could take a month or more for a 1/2 hour job....
------------------
Why arent I witty enough for these things...........
[This message has been edited by -Ecka- (edited 05 February 2001).]

With a computerised entry, will that be linked to some kind of digital image capture? I know that most of the hand-written test forms include a space where the tester can draw a simple diagram of the logo on the pill in question, but I imagine this would be difficult with a laptop.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

well of course it will bt my good man
smile.gif
we will have photos of pills which will be posted on the enlighten site when it is completed. should look like a similar format to the dancesafe tests.

Yaytima,
I have access on my laptop. No idea how to use it but! *giggle*
We can use it for testing in Sydney if you can set it up for us.

finn: you guys are obviously quite welcome to use the one that someone does up for melbourne. might free up some time for writing other literature?
smile.gif

I too do databases for a living. Mostly SQL server with VB, but access is no problem. If you want i could do you a VB application linked to the Access db. Vb is a much better way to go imo.
I can basically do anything that you would want the db to do for ya. Let me know if you would like me to be involved. ICQ in in my profile
cc
------------------
What goes around comes around.
Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching.

Sounds like not a job for 'sitting at home playing Team Fortress Classic or Thief II, getting up after 11 everyday and drinking beer during the night Soma', but for 'I problably have the skills and knowhow and could still do all the above by adding more beer Soma'

Absolutely it could be put to a web site. That wouldn't be hard at all.
------------------
What goes around comes around.
Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching.

If you regularly email me the updated MS access database i'll write a web frontend for it and put it up on my server, i already own luko.org
smile.gif
i had sorta been planning to do a melbourne pill database for a while, i'm sick of pillreports. too many dealers know about it (in melbourne anyway).

the whole point of gathering this info is to put it on the web. next party we hope to have scans of every pill we test along with a e1/e2 test result.

A pat on the back to everyone trying to clean up the pillreports site. The site was a great resource until dealers and morons started posting absolute crap. To the guys from Enlighten you have reinstated my faith in the pillreports. Thanks and keep it up so all the crap is weeded out and all the dodgy dealers have no money to count.