Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Neurofen??

Crisis

Bluelighter
Either I'm going blind, or I'm going blind.
Have absolutely no idea where the Search function's gone on the page (?!) so apologies if this has been asked before.
Friend told me on the weekend that it helps if you take Neurofen when you're coming down, as it helps reduce the swelling of your brain.
Anyone know if this is actually true or not? He said it makes the comedown a lot nicer. If so, I'm gonna go buy me a few boxes of the stuff
smile.gif

Enjoy..

Dunno about the comedown effects but if you take neurofen without food you run the risk of bad stomach ulcers. Just a couple without food will make you pretty nauseus and any more can give you pretty serious problems.
I don't know about you but when I'm coming down the last thing I feel like doing is eating or skulling a glass of milk - YUK!

i dont think the brain actually swells tho, not sure but i dont think it does.

Nurofen is based on a drug called Ibuprofen which is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). Ibuprofen has been shown to be comparable to aspirin in controlling pain and inflammation and to be associated with a reduction in the milder gastrointestinal side effects. At high doses it apparently irritates the GI tract quite a bit.
Some studies a while ago (which I can't reference right now) concluded that taking a mild anti-inflammatory on a daily basis would reduce the risk of developing certain senile mental conditions (alzheimers mostly), the causes of which included, in part, swelling in parts of the brain. However, one would have to decide for themself whether the risk of a constantly irritated bowel and GI tract was a low enough price to pay to make the possible delay of Alzheimers worthwhile.
I'm not sure, but I think I remembered something about this kind of NSAID being risky in asthmatics, thought I might be getting that confused with aspirin.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

BigTrancer - you are right- both NSAID's and aspirin can be dangerous for asthmatics.

Search function is disabled right now. Due to the load it puts on bandwidth usage. It was making bluelight slow, and at times not working. Kinda like it is from time to time now
smile.gif
Hopefully will be back soon, with the introduction of bluelight 2.0, hopefully.
I don't know about brain swelling.
smile.gif
Sounds possible, also sounds like one of those rumours... like loss of cerebro-spinal fluid.