Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

A current affair-e tester story

Mr Giggles

Bluelighter
I havent seen the promo but i read on inthemix.com. A poster on that site said the seen an advert for a story on ACA. Can anyone confirm this?
------------------
*I've tried most drugs but, Ecstasy would have to rate as being the sweetest of them all*

well, i saw it and it sucked. good on the ACA for presenting such a *balanced* view of the whole story.
testing only makes up a part of what the stall is trying to do. it provides harm minimisation through literature on the different types of drugs and what they do, too! but of course the mainstream television media isn't interested in that....they're after soundbytes and video footage and a bit of controversy on what the 'kids of today' are up to, to stir up the concerns of parents, over a balanced and well presented story!
johnboy was going to be a part of this story...but obvioulsy anything he had to do with it has ended up on the cutting room floor.
i always knew ACA reeked of frontline. this has just proved it.

you forgot to mention that they slotted in right at the end that pills contain heroin
wink.gif

man i hate a current affair...

Yes, and I think the guy in the shop said something like "If you use the tester, you know for sure what's in the pill, and that it's safe to have"... not exactly accurate...
But we've always known media sucks balls!

Stories like the one on ACA give me the shits! (Good thing my parents know to ask me questions afterwards!)
And the same old bullshit about pills containing heroin! next thing they will be running an 'all new' story on lsd soaked tatoos being sold to primary school kids... no wonder parents/people are scared! the media portrays everything (well, everything thats not controlled by the big multinational pharmaceutical corporations) as pure evil, totally deadly, and positive to send you irreversibly insane on the first time you try it.
Still, its what 99% of the population wants; lies, propaganda and sensationalism... Why cant people get of their couches and go to a library, look up sites on the internet or find research texts and make an INFORMED decision on their own? How much more tolerant and socially aware would people become if they didnt watch stupid current affairs shows which forced generally dangerous and antisocial opinions on them?
Sorry...my 15 minutes of bitching for the day
smile.gif

Andromeda
smile.gif

p.s. Im also thinking that guy with the overgrown yard is a legend! I'd also let my yard grow free if i had one...
wink.gif

------------------
***This starship breaks for black holes and temporal disunities.***

what about his neighbours that were complaining? - "don't you want to be like everyone else??", was quite scary hearing someone actually say that.