Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

I can't stop dancing............

delroy

Bluelighter
Been thinking about this for a while and only got time to put up a post recently. Mainly it is out of concern for friends who experience anything from mild to quite severe "twitching" or muscle spasms on comedowns.
These spasms seem to occur for both my female and male friends and differ in severity. The mildest form is restricted to single muscle twitches like corner of the eye or a bicep. The twitches last for about 5-10 minutes and seem to be the muscle contracting reasonably fast and then just stopping. I have experienced this on comedowns and for up to a week after going out.
A more severe form is of all over body twitches, a friend describes them as surges, where the whole body goes into spasm anywhere from every minute or so to every 10 seconds. The spasm would last only a second but all muscles would contract together. This is quite scary to watch since all the person can do is to lie on the ground and wait until the spasms stop or they pass out. A friend of mine used to get these on a regular basis and would spend most of saturday morning lying on the floor waiting for the spasms to stop. It's a harrowing experience and the worst thing is there was nothing that seemed to work (he had tried magnesium but maybe not in high enough doses??).
Another aside to this was that the taking of g in the morning seemed to increase the spasms, maybe because of increased dopamine activity and this resulted in something similar to parkinson's?? One friend who had all over body spasms described it as a building up sensation and that he could feel it grow until it was released with a spasm.
Basically i was wondering if anyone experienced similar occurences with major spasms and what they had done to relieve or stop them. Would also be interested if anyone could explain them as they seem to be a very real side effect to pills.
Btw the typical combination was pills and a bit of goey but neither in too large amounts. Also this was quite a regular occurence and seemed to be related to the frequency that people went clubbing although it didnt happen to everyone that went out.
Sorry if this topic has been discussed have not been watching the board for a while so it may have passed by.
[This message has been edited by delroy (edited 24 January 2001).]

new years day in the arvo... back home and dozing for a bit on the couch. 'd had one Pokemon the night before, was feeling pretty seedy.
now sometimes, very occasionally, when I doze, I get muscles spasms and twitches. so i was dozing on the couch and it mightn't have been a side effect of the mdma at all, but I kept having little twitches. my leg would go, then my arm, then the whole right side of my body.
mum kept going, "what's wrong?"
um. heh.
smile.gif

Ahhhhhhh so that's why I get the spasms after my comedown off a pill, just when I'm about to go to sleep.
Sometimes I also get very bad leg cramps as well. There have been times when I've been trying to sleep after a full on weekend and I've woken up absolutely screaming in agony waking the whole house up. I can actually see the muscle in my calf moving, and believe me it's not a pretty sight.
After I get these cramps I can't walk properly for a couple of days. Does anyone else have this problem??????