Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

a weird moment of intense rushing

BuckE

Bluelighter
...OK, just a few days ago now, I was in my bathroom, and I experienced intense rushing -- my mind was racing, my face felt like it was burning up, and walking seemed very hard. it was not a comfortable rushing but rather a kind of strenuous head fuck, and a very intense little experience.
...by the way, I wasn't on a pill. I had't had speed or acid or coke or any narcotic. i had quickly drunk a glass of CAST WINE, and was smoking a CIGARETTE, and the second last toke of the cigie saw it go down the wrong way and I coughed. and that's when the rushing started.
i have rarely rushed that intensely, and never from a freakin glass of wine and a cigarette! weird, huh...theories anybody? perhaps my brain was short of oxygen?
-BuckE
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity." - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

The wine is fine...
Give up smoking.
------------------
And the Mission is the Mouse...

BUCKE
Sorry that it is our of context but i did mail you ... me and THO will be back in Melbourne early Feb ... please check your mail and we will catch up once we are back ... and send my regards to Gareth as well .... and ermmm .... you question ... did u had this giddy rushing kinda feeling ... if it is ... then ermmm ... it might just be the ciggie .... dunno ... but just a guess!
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Raving goes beyond what words can Express!

i'd go with the ciggarette theory. probably a severe lack of oxygen in the brain. most of the blood flow would have been re-directed to digesting the alcohol, so a smoke and the carbon monoxide involved would have induced a severe shortage of oxygen in the brain. remeber why you started smoking in the first place? that chilled, sorted feeling? it's the lack of oxygen that does it every time.

Wow, i had this (well sorta) feeling last weekend whilst boozin 'n' smoking too.. although i was smoking a joint after about 3 beeries... I had about 2 tokes(large, of coise
wink.gif
) and just as i'd had the second toke , WHOOOSH! my head felt like it got shot forward( think star trek going to light speed - u know , everything in front of you seems to turn into lines ?) and a major intensity inside the head occured.. It was fun and all
wink.gif
but still a little overwhelming...
Yeah , could've been the brain being a little outta O2...

If it was like tiny sparks that kinda half itch and half tickle erupting across ur body, then its kundalini. If it was like energy flow, mainly around hands/feet, that kinda feel like buzzing or tickling and make u feel heavy or as if ur feet/hands are asleep or as if heat is passing through them then it could be chakra stuff. Or it could be the smokes. I've been getting both a lot since new years, and I dont smoke.

thanks everybody for your thoughts.
Void -- could you play it again for a dummy, ie what the fuck is kundalini and chakra
smile.gif

the experience was similar to your description of the 'chakra stuff' except it was not exclusive to the hands and feet.
BuckE
"I come from a long line of quitters. My father was a quitter, my grandfather was a quitter...I was raised to give up." George Costanza
[This message has been edited by BuckE (edited 02 February 2001).]

what is kundalini
ive been getting what feels like sparks since taking hq's
------------------
If it wasn't for Judge Hardcastle, I don't know where I'd be.

"kundalini" (spell?) is a form of meditation, that appears to be popular at present. Try squeezing your buttocks together when you are peaking. It should send a jolt of energy up through your body and out the top of your head, or something like that
smile.gif

Sorry I'm so late
smile.gif

Could have been a lack of oxygen. Extremely disturbing and strange stuff has happened to me that I can only attribute to either extra-terrestrial meddlings or lack of oxygen.
And we all know which one is more likely... I'd just rather believe it's a lack of oxygen.
Just to clear a little thing up, the blood supply to your brain was not decreased so you could digest alcohol. Whether you are sitting on your ass, sleeping, running a marathon, smoking spliff, skulling a jug of beer, having a dance/laugh/joke/spew/shag... your blood flow to your brain will not vary by more sod all, unless the special sensors that make sure of this... are messed up. And if they were messed up, you'd know it every time you moved your head.
mk?
Smoking decreases the amount of oxygen your blood can carry from your lungs to your brain... in a big fucken way.
My theory: Your brain was receiving decreased but still ok amounts of oxygen. Also somewhat afflicted by the presence of alcohol. The shock (not like "oh fuck!" but the shock to your body) of the smoke going down wrong and your body's reaction caused an electrical disturbance in your brain, on top of these pre-existing manifests. (Yes, kind of like what happens to people when they have an epileptic fit - don't be alarmed, every single person has electical disturbances in their brain from time to time... just usually so short lived that they are not/barely noticed).
It is my personal belief, and I'm sure there must be a study on it somewhere, that lack of oxygen to the brain, when the brain is in an afflicted or stressful state, can trigger an electrical disturbance as an emergency measure.
And there are no facts on what happens from there on.
Also there are no facts or research I can find on 'flashbacks'. Tho I attribute flashbacks to something very similar.
That's just my idea. I have no research to back it up as yet. But if anyone would like to volunteer in two years time???