• AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Johnboy in his Element....

cosmic_seadog

Bluelighter
9:15am Triple J Morning Show
".. I'm just another raver."
wink.gif

*laugh* i'm so glad i have that on tape!! =D
hehe nice work jb, good soundbyte for the 8am news too! =)
jb's da man!!
=)

shhh! dont blow my cover! would you have preferred "just another grumpy old guy who hates techno and stupid fluro coloured things?"
here's the damning evidence:
http://www.ftr6.org/triplej.mp3
------------------
"i think i'll stick to drugs to get me thru the long, dark night of late-capitalism..."
Irvine Welsh

oh here's the transcript of the triple j news story that preceded the morning show bit.
A volunteer group offering pill testing at raves and festivals in Melbourne says it's keen to see the concept take off interstate.
The group, Enlighten, conducted free pill testing at a recent outdoor dance event in Melbourne, with the support of the event's promoters.
The group's John Davidson says the idea isn't to lecture people, but to minimise any potential harm.
"The dangers can be incredibly minimised by simply knowing what the substance is you take. Some people have bad reactions to some substances and not others and there just seems to be a wide variety of substances sold in pill form as ecstasy so basically we screen the pills for different substances and then advise people on what that substance can mean to them."
A volunteer group conducting free pill testing at raves and festivals in Melbourne says the idea is to minimise the potential harms of illegal drug use.
The group, Enlighten, says wider pill testing at venues could help people make more informed choices about their drug use.
The group's John Davidson says he's keen to see the idea catch on in other states.
"Well that's the idea either us or other groups just get the idea out there that we have to deal realistically with the fact that people are going to take ecstasy and the most important way of minimising the harm that people can have is for them to know what
they are taking."
[This message has been edited by johnboy (edited 23 January 2001).]

Yeah yeah! Nice one!
Too bad about the low quality of the mp3, but I can deal with it once I get used to the weird auditory morphing
wink.gif

ill be getting atomicas tape and making a higher quality version of it *hopefully*