Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

A Speed Question.

riichiee

Bluelighter
I was talking to a friend of mine the other day who I hadn't seen for a while and we began talking about speed and how it starts to make you a bit paranoid after the peak wears off.. so anyway... he said that usually he takes a few Temezepams (sp?) one or two hours after he's had his first dose of speed.. and that takes the edge right off, without losing any of the speedy goodness..
So I was wondering if he was right? Has anyone tried this? Will it send me to sleep? Is it dangerous in any way?
BTW, I'm not intending to take any other drugs with this combo, as I'm on a break from the e's (needs to be done sooner or later) and I'll be driving, so I can't drink... and dope just makes me more sketchy with speed..
thanks..
[This message has been edited by riichiee (edited 22 January 2001).]

hey riichie,
i went thru a really fucking nasty bout of paranoia on NYs day... a friend was about 30secs off taking me to hospital to be sedated... lasted for about 6-7 days... and even now, i'm still relatively edgy...
i've only had a few smokes since then... i made a pact to keep off everything else for a month (although the BDO's calling
wink.gif
)...
basically, my advice is that the paranoia isn't worth it... if you're worried about getting paranoid, it's prolly safer to NOT take anything, rather than to take something that might induce paranoia, then to try and combat it once it's hit...
although, from one who's will power doesn't always hold up against the wiff of a roll, i can very much appreciate the desire to get chopped, and deal with the rest later... although i've never mixed temazepan and GoE, have tried other benzos that seem to work ok... i've had a few temazepans by myself, and they seemed pretty heavy - tho that was a few years ago... maybe some other BLs will shed light here...
jus' take care dood... getting over my NYs paranoia's been pretty heavy... jus' remember that anything you're experiencing straight will be amplified tenfold once chopped (good or bad, i guess?!)
i'll stop talking (typing) shite now,
stay well BLs,
buckdee

Taking Tamazepam only an hour after taking speed? This is a very interesting question as I only know of people, and have tried, taking Tamaz when coming down and being unable to sleep.
Activity in the Reticular Activating System (this stimulates the upper part of the brain which controls thought processes) part of the brain depends on a balance of excitatory and inhibitory chemicals. Anxiety and paranoia can result from an excess of excitatory chemicals.
Speed stimulates the RAS to release noradrelanine (an exitatory chemical) and this, in turn, can lead to an inbalance and, therefore, paranoia.
Tamazepam increases the levels of GABA (an inhibitory chemical) in the RAS and, therefore, reduces brain activity. Tamaz can reduce brain activity enough to cause sleep, hence it's use as a sleeping drug.
As I have never heard of anyone taking these drugs so close together, I don't know whether it works or not or , for that matter, the inherent dangers. I would be quite curious (and I'm sure others would) to find out, if anyone knows.

I have experience in taking them together, but only to sleep. I have an extremely low tolerance to speed cos I hardly ever have it, so find it really difficult to sleep on (don't ya just hate that?). Anyway if I have a temazepam in this situation, I find it makes me really giddy and stupid. Mind you that's only when the speed has has 3/4 worn off. Still going but not "charging" like at the start, ie. unable to sleep.
It doesn't seem dangerous, I don't usually get paranoid so I don't know if it would help you there but certainly no adverse effects like heart racing/sweating etc. Just a bit of imbalance and .. i dunno, general stupidity. It's not something I'd want to happen while I was out cos I'd look like a right goose
smile.gif
Could be funny on a couch though. Like being drunk, almost.
Hope this helps.
- Luko
ps. that's just my situation, everyone's different, my advice is, try it first at home *OR* let all your friends know you could become pretty wierd and then it will be fun for all concerned
smile.gif