Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Herald Sun: 20th Jan - Ketamine Article

Cowboy Mac

Bluelighter
the news link is here, Paul Dillon gets a mention, along with all the other things youd expect from the herald sun.
"The National Drug and Alcohol Research Council has found that 18 per cent of people using ecstasy are also popping ketamine, a drug developed as an animal tranquilliser or human anaesthetic."
now does this mean ketamine pills? or does this mean proper grade ketamine?
side note: has anyone from the sydney ecstasy harm reduction organisation tried to re-contact him in regards to the stall etc?
[This message has been edited by Cowboy Mac (edited 20 January 2001).]

One hundred drug users were interviewed nationwide for the study, which found that the drug, once popular in the gay scene only, was moving quickly into mainstream clubs
How true is this?? anyone? and what the hell has using ketamine got to do with being gay?? I would expect some butt itchy vet students or some med students to start using it first. but gays?!?!?
I'm straight but i would just let to get some facts straight, some ppl just told me that MDMA makes straight ppl gay (you noe with the hugging and the e-love).

REALITY CHECK
please understand that all good drugs have come out of the gay scene, even your beloved E.
MDMA was first used recreationaly in the gay clubs of NYC in the late seventies/early eighties, before many of you were born. Ketamine has been used for nearly as long.
it took almost ten years for these drugs to cross over to the straight scene, and K is only now being widely used.

The stories i have read about what went on in the early 80s in the gay clubs of the U.S. which were filled with legally acquired MDMA and also MDA are utterly insane.
Johnboy is right, K has been used RECREATIONALLY for a long time in those clubs. Obviously gay people arent inventing or using these substances first, but when it comes to being the first to use it for fun, in clubs etc, its generally the way it seems to go.

Its for these reasons ( and a few others ) that I reckon gay Guys and Girls get a better supply..... they have preferred supplier status with me.....