• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

To Speckle or not to speckle...THAT is the question...

Samadhi

Bluelight Crew
Someone has posted a general warning in pillreports regarding pills with black/grey speckles...
***For point of reference, it's in Aus&Nz pillreports, report number 8203***
They seem to think that the dark speckles in pills are:
"due to the chemists using heavy metals eg...mercury, as a catalyst to speed up the process...and the black/grey speckles are caused by trace elements of mercury being left in the pills"
Now, we are not trying to perpetuate any myths about there being f**king mercury in pills, and the above reference was just an example of what some (uneducated) people think.
What we would like to know is are there people that steer clear of speckly pills as a rule, or does it not matter?
So, no more flames about us trying to perpetuate myths, etc etc, we'd just like to know peoples opinions about speckles in general.
thanks.
[This message has been edited by samadhi (edited 19 January 2001).]

People can't say much until it has been properly tested in a lab. I think it could just be another myth, but treat it as a possibility.

Someone said in Pillreports that colour, size, stamp and speckles or no speckles has nothing to do with the content of the pill
I stand by that 100%
I've had a large variety of pills of many different shapes, colours, size, texture, etc., and none of that gave any definate distinction between strength or content...
Those HQ's were slighty speckled, maybe that's why some people didn't like em? ...pfft...
As Motoman said, we need lab tests...

last year the speckles in pills were heroin, everyone knew it, it was common knowledge. this year they are mercury.
see a pattern?
if the police, who test thousands of pills every year, had the slightest bit of evidence that mercury was in pills it would have been splashed all over the tabloids. it would be exactly the ammunition they need to whip up fear...
but they don't and they havent.
GROW UP PEOPLE. this is rumour mongering at it's worst. suppluy real concrete evidence or shut the fuck up. all this speculation only makes things worse.

Uhhh, Johnboy, not sure if your reply was directed at us or at the original pill report, but we are certainly NOT trying to perpetuate the myth about mercury being in pills. THis is just what the post said.
For the record, what we were trying to say was that there are some people out there who won't touch pills with speckles, because of reasons regarding cleanliness of the pill, etc. WE ARE NOT ONE OF THAT GROUP. We just basically would like to hear peoples opinion about whether or not they choose to take pills with speckles. After all, this is a drug discussion?
In our opinion, the only proof we need of a pills quality is a test.
I will edit our original post to clarify the points that may have not been clear...kay?
But...errrr, since this thread has cause such a broohaha, then feel free to delete it.

one more thing, Tarsarlan, pfft if you will, but there are people out there who won't touch a pill that is too speckly...i'm not talking about a light pink pill with darker pink speckles, talking about a pill with really dark brown, black and whatever speckles...regardless of how it tests. I guess that's just their personal right tho.
Anyway, sorry to cause confusion on certain points, hope my post is now a bit more clear as to its intention...which is not to perpetuate any more "what's in a pill?" myths.
[This message has been edited by samadhi (edited 19 January 2001).]

Samdahi -
I my opinion, speckles don't mean shit.
The White Mitsis (or Mitsi turbos - as know down south) were amoung the best available and they had the speckles.
There have been some horrible non-specked pills (forced me into testing after I realised that it wasn't me fucking up - just shit pills). For example, anyone have a Rolling Stone or a Playboy last year?
The test is the only way.
By the way - cheers for the tip on the Pink Smileys - will post a road test after the w/end is through.

my response was a more general one to those asking about mercury or other ludicrous contaminents in pills. if, as i interpreted from your original question, you were asking if people thought it was possible that mercury was in pills, my answer still stands.
my fear is now that the usual game of chinese whispers will ensue and someone will say to someone else that "i've heard that there's mercury in pills and i saw it on bluelight so it must be true". to repeat a rumour is to give it credence.
the glass in pills story has now be repeated so often in the media that it is now gospel. the truth? well who knows. what i do know is that if you ask the authorities they will admit this much: there was once, many years a go, one batch of pills confisctated that apparently had glass in them. this batch wasn't in australia, or even headed for australia. but from this information they have guessed that other batches may have come to us and may still be coming.
you couldn't get away with that sort of inverse logic when discussing anything except evil drugs could you?
as for speckles? once again lets try and think about it logically. who here has seen MDMA powder? it comes in many variations of colour, from white to grey to brown. now if you are using fillers/binders that are white, and the powder MDMA you are using is brown, and even if you mix very very carefully, you are going to end up with a pill with speckles in it.
is this pill, which contains only MDMA and filler, a bad pill?
take another pill. this pill's active ingrediant is PMA, which is apparenlty often a yellow powder. now if you make your pill with similarly coloured yellow fillers/binders and mix well you will end up with a pill with no speckles.
what can you tell by its appearance? nothing. just as size, colour, shape and logo give no real indication of a pills contents, speckles mean very little.
speckles often turn up in pills that are represses of other pills. you dont know what was in the original pills, so how can you tell what those specks mean?
basing the choice of your pills on whether or not they have speckles is as ludicrous as only eating the red ones. testing is the only way to know with any degree of accuracy.

sorry JB if i came across over the top, we are in total agreeance with everything you have said. We personally believe that speckles mean nothing. One of the best pills we've had was quite a horrid looking thing, they were refered to as capuccinos- because they looked like the top of a capuccino!!!! We didn't mention anything about testing, basically because to us it goes without saying, you don't ingest a pill that hasn't been tested!!!!
The primary reason for this post is because a)we saw the post in pillreports and,
b)because we've spoken to a few people who stay away from pills with dark speckles and wondered if anyone else feels this way.
We know that it might be silly to form an opinion of a pill based on aesthetics, but hey, each to their own!!!
It was just an observation

Personally, i don't like pink, yellow or orange pills, and prefer white, blue, green and grey. Dunno, just personal pref, but the orange, yellow and pink pills always look like speedbombs to me.
?
Anyhoo...

AR: ermm heh heh...you're joking about the blue pills containing ketamine right??

Personal pref Acid Reign...
and yes i know that white pills MUST contain only MDMA.
biggrin.gif

Shit, if its good enough, i'd eat something that looked and tasted like dog's balls.
hmmm... ravesafe queensland... why is he asking about testers? shouldn't he/she know?

Hey S.S!!!!
How's it going buuuudy??? I just wanted to type a word of thanks for actually posting a PERSONAL PREFERENCE about the pills you take. It seems that you are the only person that has actually got the poin of this post...
frown.gif

We've had flames, disses, people making out like we're neanderthals, and then you come on and reply with your personal preference (be it colour, shape, speckles, WHATEVER) and you get joked at. No wonder no one else will post...all others will get on and take the piss, as others have done to you.
ANyway, SS, thanks for your honest, unflaming reply, i just find it interesting to see if people have any preferences with pills.
ANd if anyone else takes offense to this post, well...sorry, but we don't GAF anymore...chat soon supaspeed.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Oh, btw ss, i think that Ravesafe were asking whether anyone knew of testers that would test for heavy metals..but then again, we've been wrong about everything else on this thread, so why not this.....
wink.gif

Just call us the Piltdown men...
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

*plays some paul holden to sooth the savage beasts*
wink.gif

okay peeps - so we seem to have cleared up the confusion ... this thread is about people sharing their personal preferences re. pills .... and not really debating whether these preferences are correct or not, or stupid.
anywayz, speckles aren't really an issue for me in pills .... but i do have a few little personal preferences or quirks. for example, with the batch of beige plates (or blanks) going around recently the pills had little broken bits off of the top/dome and for some reason this really turned me off of them even before i tried them ..... don't know why, maybe coz i associate broken pills with damaged goods??? i also don't like pills that are REALLY vibrant colours .... i'd much prefer white, grey, mustard or pale green than say intense blue or the colour of these smiley faces ->
smile.gif
. i know it doensn't mean much ... the double stamped, domed hq's up here in bris were quite orange and i loved them.
but those are just a couple of my little quirks (and there's a whole lot more where they came from!!!!!!!)
bk

see that is the main reason i hate people going back and editing their original question, as someone coming in now will think that i'm having a go at people for discussing their personal preferences. (which is not the point of my original grumpy reply at all)
think what you want, do what you want. but remember that as Bluelighters you are setting an example to others reading this board, and by saying that anything except a chemical test influences your choice to take or not take a pill... well it just dissapoints me.

Johnboy, we have been testing our pills for a very long time, and all of the bluelighters that we know test their pills...but that doesn't stop people from having personal preferences...
Also, we know BK and SS personally, and we have discussed this post with them so they know the score...and the reason that we originally edited our post was that from yours and others reactions, we had given the wrong idea to you all...so that's why we changed it...
But, again, delete this post if you deem it necessary...sorta over it...

sure everyone you know does.. me too, but what about the non-bluelighters or very new ones who are reading all this for the first time?... my job is to think of them first. sorry but thats what i do.

well, to be honest, speckles and such don't really bother me. but this did:
moto.jpg

that looks, to me, like little bits of metal throughout the pill. but obviously, without testing, i can't be sure what it is. after minor hesitation though, i still took this and others that looked like it and thoroughly enjoyed them.
and in the future, something like this won't worry me.
so i guess in answer to samadhi's original question, "speckles" or dots DID worry me, but not anymore... hmmm, now my post seems pointless
smile.gif

BigfootDragon.