Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Horse drugs tranquilise clubbers

Flexistentialist

Bluelight Crew
Horse drugs tranquilise clubbers

December 22, 2004

CLUBBERS in Queensland's Whitsunday islands have suffered partial anaesthesia after being sold horse tranquillisers under the guise of ecstasy.

Police believe a number of club patrons in the tourist haven of Airlie Beach have been adversely affected over the past couple of weeks by what they thought were ecstasy tablets, but were instead an anaesthetic known as ketamine.

Ketamine was used primarily as a veterinary anaesthetic and could induce drowsiness and result in a person losing consciousness, or in extreme cases, death, police said.

A police spokesman said a quarter of the recommended dose for a horse was enough to induce partial anaesthesia, which had put clubbers in a "half conscious state".

An analysis of a tablet handed in by a nightclub staff member found the tablet did not contain any methylamphetamine (MDMA), and was pure ketamine, police said.

Mackay district acting Superintendent Brendan Gough warned would-be users of the dangers of illegal drugs.

"These drugs are manufactured in unhygienic laboratories and include dangerous poisons," he said.

There were no reports of hospitalisation."

AAP

Someone needs to point out that 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine is MDMA . I"d hate to get methylamphetamine sold as MDMA

Another extremely good report by an extremely knowledgable journalist. Its come to that stage that i dont believe most of the shit that gets printed these days.

In the end there were no hospitalisations thank god. Just a few people wandering around in a semi concious state. Hmmm, every time i go out i seem to see someone looking like that. They had obviously taken that other well known horse tranquiliser, alcohol. That puts you into a fully unconcious state.

fuck in heaven

Flexistentialist said:

"These drugs are manufactured in unhygienic laboratories and include dangerous poisons," he said.

<sarcasm>
Taking this quote literally and within the context of the article, then you'd wonder why these Horse drugs are allowed to be used on the poor animals.
</sarcasm>

Think of the horsies 8)

I think the point he's making is that the pills are manufactured in unsanitary conditions. Whereas a sealed phial of K is at least something of a known quantity, K pills can (and do) have all sorts of other chemicals in them too. This is why it's best to return K pills, instead of seeking them out like some do.

we get our k pills from a friend\dealer who knows he is giving us K's at a much cheaper k price. but we get dickheads trying to sell us k pills thinking they are imports. just i guess im just saying you got to trust the dealer u r getting them from. especially if u dont test ya pills.

Why waste Ketamine by putting it in pills. Knock a vet off, cook the K and snort it. Its much safer when you know what youre getting. Why cant there be people out there who just sell vials of liquid. You KNOW the potency then.

Stupid unethical drug manufactuers/dealers. :(

I dont see why they are unethical drug manufactures and dealers, you do know some people actually like ketamine and they like ketamine pills.

Some people don't realise buying from a trusted source is actually beneficial even if it costs you a bit more. I bet they chose pills that were being sold at a cheaper price only to find they werent mdma , suprise suprise.

LOL i just love it when they say stuff like this...

ontop of not even getting the right chemical name for MDMA

<3 the media

lots of shit gets sold up in airlie beach. i was up there on holiday and this girl od'd after taking 6 pills at once. stupid to start with, especially coz she bought them in a club from someone she didnt know and they werent tested. N e way she pointed out the guy to the ambos and cops and he was arrested and the pill tested ghb - i saw him after they released them (he knew a friend of mine) and he showed me the report, HE didnt even know thats what they were. Dodgy fucker, he woulda sold 30 to people in that club that night and not cheap either. I would never by a pill of a random up town.

Journo's keep forgetting Ketamine is still used on humans (Geriatrics)... The shit must be sooooo bad for you and kill everyone it touches 8):p

but at least in hospital your getting the pure stuff! instead of dodgy pills trying to be passed off as MDMA so they inevitably contain other substances

GHB in pill form

i'd like to see that.

and i know you can get it as powder, but considerin "g" in australia is actually 1,4B....

and to get so sick off swallowing ketamine, you'd need to eat an awful lot of pills......

syntech said:
GHB in pill form

and to get so sick off swallowing ketamine, you'd need to eat an awful lot of pills......

Not if you've been drinking...

Alcohol + K = Spew

Last edited: