• AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Drug users complain over fake ecstasy

Jokerswild

Bluelighter
Thumbs up to the Bali Police

Drug users complain over fake ecstasy
From correspondents in Jakarta
December 22, 2004

INDONESIA'S efforts to stamp out counterfeiting have taken an unusual turn with police closing down two factories manufacturing fake ecstasy pills after complaints from users of the party drug.

Detectives swung into action on the resort island of Bali after hearing how people consuming the bogus tablets failed to experience the desired effect, the state Antara news agency said.
"A number of ecstasy consumers have complained that the goods they had purchased turned out not to produce the usual results and from claims like this, the police then found the fake ecstasy producers," Bali police spokesman Made Wijana said.
He said police "are very thankful for such information" which led to the closure of two drug factories in the island's Kuta tourist strip and the arrest of their owners. He did not say whether the complaining users were arrested.
The production, sale and consumption of ecstasy is banned in Indonesia, which hands out tough sentences for drugs offences.

Agence France-Presse

If only we had such dedication to stamp out fakes in aus??

JoKeRsWiLd =D

i think they do have similar efforts here.

when the red mitzi's were thought to be harmful to party goer's the police targeted those with them to remove them from circulation.

you may argue about the 'dangerousness' of the mitzi's, but they did take measures to remove them from circulation in what appeared to be a concerted effort in many states.

Would be interesting to see what the response would be at my local if I wandered in and coplained the 200 pills that I just tested and came up bunk.

Haah i was about to post this story - made me laugh my arse off!

That's the thing though - it's still a crime to sell fake pillses as ecstacy. The difference is that ripped off people will be only too happy to go and push the blame up the chain and make noise about it so the people in charge will get done!

I have heard stories my self that alot of prominent members of the community in Jakarta/Indo (Generals, officials, etc...) are behind alot of the drug manafacturing in Indonesia. When I say "behind", I basically mean that these guys just fund the operation and get a return from that.

I'd reckon that's why the police would have made a heavy move, because poor drugs=bad reputation... and I know indonesia has a damn good reputation at the moment, for their Ice, Heroin and "Yaba". <----(if you don't know what "yaba" is, do a search.)