Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drug Bus - Currently In Operation

Cowboy Mac

Bluelighter
BT just sms'ed me and wanted me to post a message stating that a Drug Bus is operating on Ferntree Gully Rd. in Victoria. This is not posted to assist avoiding the area, but as a reminder that you should do the responsible thing by staying off the road under the influence. Roadside saliva testing is a reality! As a side note, does anyone know how many booze buses they converted? I am assuming this would be an expensive process and there would be a limited amount at their disposal?

Edit:

Date: 22 Dec 2004
Location: Fern Tree Gully Rd, Victoria (south eastern suburbs)
Time: Evening
Info: 2nd hand

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard the minister on the radio today saying there is only 1 bus in operation.

From the news reports over the last few months I am led to believe it cost the police $90,000 to convert one booze bus for the trial period of this. There is only supposed to be one.

EDIT: Oh, and I think we should keep this thread open so people can report back where and when they see the bus in operation.

A friend just got tested "at Chadstone Shopping centre". So I'd guess it's somewhere close to Chadstone Shopping Centre today

Date: 23 December 2004
Time: Morning!
Info: 2nd hand.

[Edit: Thanks for posting this info s2Bu, BT :)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's another one (backdated hehe):

Date: 18 Dec 2004
Time: Evening (?)
Info: 3rd hand (posted on another Forum).

Feel free to post "sightings" in this thread - or if you see the drug bus operating and have the mobile phone number of another BL who might be online, SMS them and get them to put up the date/time/location in here so people can get the information 'real time'.

I personally think it will be interesting to watch where and when the bus is operating, as the trial program continues. There may be no pattern or predictability, but who knows?

Please refer all discussion about the drug bus, roadside drug testing, and anything not directly related to drug bus operation sightings in the main thread HERE.

BigTrancer :)

I personally think it will be interesting to watch where and when the bus is operating, as the trial program continues. There may be no pattern or predictability, but who knows?

At the moment they have just been using popular booze bus spots. eg North rd

sux to be u said:
A friend just got tested "at Chadstone Shopping centre". So I'd guess it's somewhere close to Chadstone Shopping Centre today

Date: 23 December 2004
Time: Morning!
Info: 2nd hand.

[Edit: Thanks for posting this info s2Bu, BT :)]
I can confirm this for sure as I know a few people that got tested today!!!!!

I beleive the idea behind this thread is to collect information about the movements of the Drug bus to see if they follow any patterns and just to observe how the bus is used.

This is in no means a way to avoid detection while driving under the influence as thats something you just simply should not be doing.

So theres no need to post unless you have information of the buses movements so we can keep the arguements and discussion in other threads :)

27-12 @ 1300hrs

Racecourse Road Flemington, under the citylink overpass.

11:30pm 28-12-04

Just spotted a drug testing bus around the west gate bridge area westbound next to the shell servo, but behind it as you would be coming the way from south melbourne. Sorry don't know the name of the street.

Location update:
Wellington Rd, Rowville (South Eastern Suburbs).
Outbound just before Stud Rd in the service lane next to Liberty service station.
They were either setting up or packing up I didn't get a good enough look.
Not sure who would be partying on a Tuesday night but just in case...

I have seen it several times on the Altona (dont know directions very well) side of the West Gate Bridge. Testing traffic heading towards Geelong on the M1.

Sketchwreck: AFAIK that was the .05 bus, I drove past them citybound while they were pulling over outbound cars for breathtesting in the morning, and then about 1pm I was outbound and drove through (I assumed they were closed for lunchbreak).

BT :)

drug_bus.jpg

Basically a booze bus with "Drug Bus" instead of "-05" printed on it...

I think the point is more to demonstrate to potential drug-drivers the prevalence of the buses, clop. This is largely a posthumous resource, since one would need to spot the bus, log onto Bluelight and then potential druig drivers would need to see the relevant post and react accordingly. I think this level of sophistication is beyond most monged-out folk on a Sunday am.

Bluelight has always pushed very strongly its anti- drug-driving stance. I don't see this as significantly out of line with that.

Currently 7.30pm Friday 04 March 2005.

Drug Bus testing now in location: South East Suburbs.
Burwood HWY near corner of Lewis Rd, near Knox City Shopping Centre. One lane blocked, 2 cars at a time. Bus says "ALCOHOL & DRUG TESTING".

BigTrancer :)

thanks for that bigtrancer.
I'm amazed I've never seen one there before. reckon they'll pick of dozens of ppl there