Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: CNN.com 13 Jan 01: Elder addicts

BigTrancer

Bluelight Crew
Elder addicts
January 12, 2001, Web posted at: 3:11 PM EST (2011 GMT)
(CNN) - A government study shows that 17 percent of people over the age of 60 abuse alcohol and prescription or over-the-counter drugs. But an even more hidden problem is that of illicit drug use.
"Elderly drug abuse is a significant problem that has gotten far too little attention," said Peter Provet, president of New York-based Odyssey House Inc., a residential treatment organization. "The vast majority of the people in our program abuse illicit drugs and alcohol - alcohol, crack cocaine and heroin in that order."
Among reasons cited for the increase are loneliness or lifetime habit.
"It's such an important issues," said Claudia Feldman, a spokeswoman for the National Institute on Aging. "But we just don't know enough about it."
The CNN Medical Correspondent Linda Ciampa contributed to this report.
http://www.cnn.com/2001/HEALTH/aging/01/12/elderly.blurb/index.html
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

For those of you who lower yourselves to going to hard kandy in Melbourne (you know who you are... *snicker*!!) have you ever seen the guy they call grandpa acid??
He's in his late 50's and goes practically every week off his nut on acid & pills, has a great time apparently. I also saw him at the hard nation tent for Welcome 2001 (melb), same deal. Off his nut, probably after candyflipping or something.

The first time I went to Bass Station there was this guy there in his 40's pilling. These kids there were freaking out thinking he was an undercover cop, but my sis told them not to worry, that she'd seen him at parties before and he was perfectly harmless.
Wonder if it's the same guy?????????????????
However I know a couple of older people who go partying, and they're in their late 30's (almost 40). One in particular loves the music and just basically goes out to see his favourite international Techno and Psy Trance DJ's. He pills occassionally, but not often. You would all be surprised how old a lot of the people you see out are.

You'd be amazed at the number of older people out every weekend.
A good friend of mine is pushing 50, and while he's slowing down, he's still up for a big, big weekend out quite often.
There's also an ex-Federal policitian (now a QC) who is out in the gay clubs every weekend, eing happily! Check out any of the gay clubs and you'll find lots of older guys 50+ out.