Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

anyone scared about post NYE tolerance?

Mr. Horse

Bluelight Crew
I am. I'm shit scared. I took way too many damn drugs over new years (mainly pills) and I think its gonna cost me big time.
Ok, so I was chatting to Miss Apples before NYE saying that I had a few (many) bickies that were to be munched on NYE, and she said that I would have an awesome time, but that pills would never be the same afterwards (as was the case with apples and mona, NYE 1999)
So, stupid me thought: fuck it, you only live once. I should have thought to myself "dont do it, you can take bickies more than once in your lifetime dumass" but I didnt think, and ate way way way too many.
Then on friday I snorted another 'cheeky half' peaked for a while (those yonnexs) and came down after about 1 1/2.
I'm gonna have a break, but I think the damage is done. I mean, I can admit to myself that the pills arnt the same anymore. Sure, they are hella fun, and i'll keep doing them, but I can appreaciate more what everyone says... "ENJOY YOUR FIRST FEW PILLS, COS THEY'RE NEVER GOING TO BE THE SAME!"
those words are so true. Enjoy those first few, cos they'll never be the same again.
so.... does anyone else think NYE did some more-than-semi permanant damage to that precious brain of theirs?
ENJOY THOSE FIRST FEW BICKIES!!!!

Makes me glad I didn't push myself too far on NYE... was having way too much fun to bother with drugs much anyway
biggrin.gif

But why oh why did my favourite drug, my drug of choice you might say, have to be the one which is less effective the more you take
frown.gif

Oh yeah, welcome back Horsey, hope ya stick around for a while
biggrin.gif

Hey Mr H,
I felt the same way about NYE 98/99...i went to a 3 day doof- Dragonflight, and ate way too many beans (among other things)....and boy did i pay for it...my mindset about pills was completely bad for ages...(it was a conglomeration of too many drugs and the last day being very pearshaped-mindset/people, etc) Pills weren't the same for me for a very long time.
then i met the other half of the samadhi..
biggrin.gif

I now take pills not regularly, but certainly more than twice a year. We look after ourselves, and really only enjoy pills at home or on special occasions. I guess i enjoy MDMA for different reasons now.
Back on the subject, i had my first pill in 1994, and i have to say that the pilling experiences that i've had with my fiance in the last 2 years have sh*t all over any other experiences i've had. So i sorta don't agree with the statement that no other mdma experiences are like you first times...i actually believe that because i've matured and evolved since my first pill, (i was 16 now i'm 23) i actually enjoy them more now.
Please, don't think i was on it every weekend at 16, i just liked experimenting with altered states of consciousness.
In a nutshell, don't worry, give you body, mind and spirit some rest and TLC, and you will enjoy your pills again.
***Disclaimer*** this is only my 2 cents worth...everyones experiences are different.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
when your fun becomes your reality...what do you do for fun???
we are not human beings having a spiritual experience...we are spiritual beings having a human experience...

Horse dude,
I don't think it's accurate to say that in extreme cases of abuse, over a short period (one/two days), that your tolerance will be permanently changed. I think it'll take your poor body a lot longer to get over it, sure - had you just had whatever is normal for you, of course, less damage would have been done. For most people I know a normal night consists of 2 pills or less, spread at least 2 weeks apart, although this does build up a tolerance it's manageable, and very gradual.
I haven't really been taking pills that long, only a year or so, but I would honestly have to rate my earlier experiences as being the most memorable rather than the *first* few times. With some rest & abstinence you'll probably find you can get back to how pills used to be for you, but you'll have to wait a bit longer, maybe 6 weeks?? Out of interest/if you don't mind me asking, how much did you take?

Yeh horsey i have to admit im a bit concerned about my tolerance level going up and have been for the past few months. Its strange tho. During the middle of the year i was indulging pretty regurly and every time was amazing. Then i decided to have a break and slowed things down a LOT, but ever since then pills havent seemed to have hit me as hard.
NYE was amazing, but i really think that had to do more with the people i was with than what the pills were. Which is why at the moment i think id much rather experiment in enviroments outside of clubs/events. I know for a fact ill be able to get more out of it that way. I love dancing and listening to music while peaking off my head but i can quite easily go out straight as music gets me off in a big way anyway(so to speak
smile.gif
). While pilling i think id much prefer to be sharing that time and experience with people, cause it seems to make everything hit a whole lot harder. My favourite thing of all is when im with a group of close friends, we have all had the same pill and we are all on that exact same level. It's such an amazing experience and is what ecstasy is all about for me at the moment.
Anyways enough about me. This is all possibly very off topic, so if that's the case please feel free to delete my post, chop up my credit card and mail my mother abusive messages(She enjoys them). Ive gotta go and pull a hat out of a rabbit now(he was hungry and im not a very responsible pet owner it seems!)
smile.gif

------------------
Cause life aint nothin but a good groove
A good mix tape to put you in the right mood
[This message has been edited by MorpheusDaq (edited 08 January 2001).]

What would you say if I told you I knew someone who had 18 on NYE, then four more a week later.
Serotonin, and the novelty of experience wane. Try MDMA in a different context, I did it once, and as Samadhi mentioned, it SH*T all over any MDMA experience I had ever had. It felt right and appropriate.
Try MDMA in a new context. My friend, you will know when the time arrives!
smile.gif

Love ya dude!
smile.gif

little bit *off* topic but it's what the last few posts were getting at... thing is people argued wth me saying i must have had shit pills the first couple of times... HO hum they just don't get it .. *sigh* for some it does get better... and better
smile.gif
and it's not about getting "fucked up"
http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum10/HTML/002809.html?reload=14
------------------
"what's your name, what 'ave you had, reach for the lasers, safe as fuck"

luko, over NYE/NYday I had 6 and 3/4 pills, alll MDMA, all very good. They stopped working after about th 4th. I think its time for some 5-HTP as well.
I'm having a 3 or 4 week break from pills then I'll have 1 and assess whether I need some proper "taking care of" or whether a big-ass break is all i need. Cos damnit, this is summer, and with MDMA, its all gotta be the summer of love!

lol i know someone who had 12 pills (and 8 ball of speed) over nye/nyd/nyn and then 10 the following weekend. although now he declares he's finished with pills forever.... but i know he aint
smile.gif

------------------
the secret to success is clean underwear and a good top hat

I'll go one step further and say i was scared about mid-new-year-week tolerance.
Was half the reason i packed it in early on the last night of earthcore.. at least i was feeling good enough to drive next day and a week on i am ready and raring to go out again

this is the unfortunate price we must pay for the game we have chosen to play.
being an avid user of MDMA for over 7yrs the tolerance issue is something we must grow to accept, and although the short term solution is more pills, its in fact the worst.
5-htp is your only window of hope here....and that goes for everyone.
bye...
------------------
You know the drill,
Slam down that pill!

I had 6 pills and a gram of speed over New Years 1999.
I had the worst comedown of my life. I never want to go through that again.
Although I had the most amazing fun being as fucked up as I was, I haven't been able to get as fucked up again. I haven't tried to take 6 pills again, the most I've had in one night since is 4, and I've only done that twice.
My tolerance as a result of that night is now quite high. I'd been taking pills for 3 years before NYE 1999 and still got fucked up on 1 pill. Post NYE 1999 I still feel one pill when I have it but it doesn't last very long, and I wouldn't say I'm fucked up on one pill.
If I wanted to feel the same way I did NYE 1999 I think I'd have to double drop. But I don't think I want to risk my tolerance any further.
5htp helps a little but it only delays the tolerance issue. 5htp is not sold in Australia due to the fact that there exists research that says by taking amino acid supplements your body could subsequently 'forget' to produce these amino acids naturally. Hence there's a chance you become reliant on taking 5htp constantly for your brain to produce enough serotonin necessary to prevent depression. Just this once I'm going to take notice of obsure medical research and trust my body to do what it's supposed to do naturally without too much help.
I will never regret the amount of pills I took NYE 1999. It was a fantastic experience and I had one of the best nights of my life (yes, it lived up to the hype and my every expectation!!). But I accept that fact that it won't happen again. I'm almost glad of that. It makes that night special
smile.gif

Hey everyone after being rather shocked by the amount of pills being consumed in this thread (you know what I mean
smile.gif
) I thought I might as well give you my pilling formula and see what you think.
I only pill once every fortnight (or less if I'm not going to anything) and the most I've ever needed to have is two pills in one night. Even if I've finished peaking on a night out I'm usually having so much fun and loving the music that it doesn't matter that I've finished rolling. My preload only consists of eating bannas, pineapple (full of 5 htp and precursors according to my cell biology lecturer) and turkey (occasionally) the day b4 rolling. Just b4 going out I ususally have L-tyrosine and magnesium.
Post load is OJ, some food and lots of rest. I've never had a bad comedown, other than almost being deaf and not being able to find a comfy spot to crash.
I've only ever had one roll I wasn't satisfied with (on a bhudda) so I took a break for a bit. (not sure whether it was me or the pill)
I still dont see why people take handfuls of pills, do themselves some damage (receptors in their nerve synapse-wise) and then wonder why it takes a whole lot of pills to get any effect out of them.
Sorry about the rant but it does concern me a lot that people will hurt themselves by being a bit silly. I enjoy going out without pills, I may not dance as much but I still love the music, people and atmosphere.
taking a break for a while can be a good idea.
Take care all.
------------------
Have fun - Play safe