Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Temazepam information wanted

keystroke

Bluelighter
I've recently got this prescribed to me, what is the maximum dosage you can have ? it seems to be short living, would it be harmful to have more than 50mg in one day ?

I currently have 10mg tablets

You'll be fine, probably a little dopey, but it won't kill you :)

Just go slow on the piss and you'll be fine man, I remember a few years ago I took about 20 of them and was'nt all that stoned :)

They are the shortest lasting benzo if my memory serves me correct, they use them in the US Airforce because of that reason :)

benzo.org.uk

Maybe that helps(half life,potency comparism etc)

With no tolerance 60mg was a reasonable dose for me,because of it's short half-life it wasn't uncommon to take 120mg or 180mg in a day...I'm not reccomending this,just saying this level of dosage never had negative effects for me or my friends

Last edited:
its basically a third of the strength of diazepam with the job of knocking you out not keep you out.
The first time i took temezepam i dropped 8x30mg. i didnt remember a thing the next day and it was to be the begining of many lost evenings.
I think I gathered alot of scars on temezpam

temazepam is not a drug that should be taken for the 'classic' benzo effects. it is a short acting benzo with the main effect being putting you to sleep. you should never take any doasge of temazepam and then plan on doing anything, especially if you are taking them for the first time becasue they will knock you out and you will do yourself harm. if you are taking them to sleep then 10mg is a reasonable dose to start with, most people find this sufficient. if you are taking them after drugs then you may need to take up to 40mg. im not sure what sort of tolerance the above 3 posters have but 'taking 20 (ie 200mg) and not being stoned' is unbelievable, i find it very hard to believe. also taking 12 to 18 over one day and expecting to function at any sort of level is also a bit odd. also, aloowishus, you probably should be careful about indicating that a dose SIX times the recommended was ok for you with no tolerance as people might take your advice and do this for their first time after a six pack of beer and go in to respiratory depression. so keystroke, if you are looking for a benzo to help you sleep then temazepam is the right choice, if you are looking for a more relaxed feeling with no sleep then consider diazepam or alprazolam.

Last edited:
^Spot on advice! Couldn't agree more with what stepchild said.
One thing I'm stuck on though... I was always under the impression that temazepam was actually a Benzodiazapene(?)

Anyways... one thing I might add. I hope you're completely aware of the addictive potential of this drug keystroke?
Apparantly the physical withdrawals in some dependant users has been fatal in some cases.

Try to use your benzos for sleep. I have a friend who has been abusing a whole myriad of Benzos on a night-to-night basis (ridiculous amounts... but nothing like the dosages mentioned above! and this guys tolerant...) and he cannot see the possibilities of him coping without them, it's that bad.
Plus, while he's at work, a few times his boss has had to help him up, because he has collapsed/fainted on the floor. I don't know if this is the Benzos doing this to him, but it sounds likely.

Benzos are okay for the purpose they're supposed to serve... but they appear to be very seldom used for their purposes (I'm one who has a "binge" every now and then... so I'm no better.)

I find a nice 5 cones before hitting the sack, is almost a guarantee for me to sleep like a baby.
Just don't use 50mg of the temazapams on every day. You will come to regret it.

Stepchild,read my post again...I never reccomended he take that dose.
It's virtually impossible to overdose on benzo's anyway.
People do use these for recreational purposes(that's why the "jelly" version is virtually banned)
Short term(1-2weeks)50mg a day wouldn't be harmful,although you might act like a dick.Long term,you will most likely become addicted.
The shortest acting benzo's are Midazalom and Halcion.

stepchild said:
, i find it very hard to believe. also taking 12 to 18 over one day and expecting to function at any sort of level is also a bit odd.

I take 4mg Alprazalom a day=160mg Temazepam,and i function fine;)

allowishus, first if all, you cannot compare dosages of temazepam and alprazolam, they are totally different! the indications for alprazolam (which i wont mention here cos its yours to disclose) are completely different to that of temazepam, as are its mode of action, half-life etc etc. i can gaurantee that a first time user CANNOT take 50mg of temazepam in one day and expect to stay awake unless they have copious amounts of other simulants in their system. secondly, i know you didnt recommend to take 60mg first off but what you did do was imply that for someone with no tolerance, that this is a reasonable dose which is WRONG! what you didnt say is that combined with other depressants that this dose can be very dangerous. combined with alcohol, this dose can cause respiratory depression (i have seen it). so it is quite irresponsible to say what you did to someone who clearly has never used these drugs before. and i hope that your first off recommended dose was not calculated like you calculated how much 'temazepam' you take a day by simply multiplying the amount of alprazolam you take by 40. im not sure where you got this but its simply not true because they are different drugs! thirdly, its not 'virtually impossible to overdose on benzos', sure it is harder than with barbiturates as the cumulative effect of benzos do plateau but combined with any other sort of depressant overdose, respiratory depression and coma is a very real possibilty.

deformed_neuron: you are right, they can be very addictive unless you take them properly. i recommend for every night that you take a temazepam you should have a night off. so if you take it 4 nights in a row then take 4 nights off afterwards, i know it is hard (i have trouble sleeping too!). and yes, temazepam is a benzo. i made a mistake in my last post and said ' consider benzodiazepine or alprazolam' i meant to say 'consider diazepam or alprazolam'. i guess i will edit it know.

aloowishus, i am not preaching, i have just seen the negative effects of benzos first hand and contrary to popular belief they are dangerous

Yeah I've experienced these, after I found some xanax's round my house i had another look, didnt find xanax but found temazepam... if you've had other benzo's like xanax don't expect these to be nearly as strong. i'd just use them as directed man, nothing wrong with that!