PDA

View Full Version : cymbalta and mdma?

grrl_gun_heart
16-12-2004, 18:37
Lo,

i'm supposed to be rolling tonight..[my 1st time] but i was recently placed on the anti-depressant cymbalta & i'm totally afraid that this medication will keep the MDMA from working as it should.

ps. I did check those archived articles but I could not find on there

xo_laurie

Sprinklervibes
16-12-2004, 18:49
Search for Maoi or ssri(I think) that's the groupname of anti-depressants

Maoi were the old kind, it's probably an ssri so

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_info9.shtml

C10H12N20
16-12-2004, 19:22
Cymbalta (also nicknamed Prozac 2) is SSRI + SNRI, works on both serotonin and norepenephrine, I dont think it is wise to combine it with mdma, as this is a fairly new drug and there is not much history of the effects of the combo...

BilZ0r
17-12-2004, 00:55
I don't think you're gonna feel a thing... not much at least... But some people roll fine on SSRIs and MDMA, so maybe its worth a shot. But I wouldn't mix them

VelocideX
17-12-2004, 03:25
I agree, its not worth it. People on effexor consistently feel little to nothing, and this is likely to be similar.

You've been prescribed cymbalta for a reason -- most likely depression. Perhaps you should consider whether you should be taking MDMA at all. Stopping your medication for the sake of a few-hour-high isn't really worth it, especially considering it will have much longer impacts on your treatment; SSRIs require sustained and uninterrupted administration to achieve their effects.

Lylesburg
25-10-2006, 01:29
Lets say someone has been on Cymbalta for 5 days how many days would they have to stop before taking Mdma?

VelocideX
25-10-2006, 03:24
Half life is average of 12 hours, range 8-17 hours. So probably at least 2.5 days, probably more.

VelocideX
25-10-2006, 03:26
Remember that your brain starts adjusting from the moment you take the first cymbalta tablet. It may be that the downregulation is enough to seriously impact your experience, even if the drug is out of your system.

purplefirefly
25-10-2006, 04:58
Lets say someone has been on Cymbalta for 5 days how many days would they have to stop before taking Mdma?

That someone is probably on anti depressants for a reason and they shouldn't stop their regimen to take drugs one night. The consequences could outweigh the benefits.

Get your mind together before you play with mdma.