• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Comparing Hydrocodone brand name pills...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneakdiss

Bluelighter
I SWEAR the Blue Watson (540) pills get me so much higher than any of the white lortabs I've ever taken by any manufacturer. Does anyone know the reason behind this? I can take 6 M367's and feel high, but only 3 1/2 of those watsons would get me just as high and the high feels better. Does anyone else experience this also? By the way I'm talking about the 10 mg tabs, but you can relate to any mg.

Yeah I get a similar thing. I've had circular hydrocodone pills before and they were not as good as the curved rectangle-like watson pills I've had before.

vicodelicious said:

Are you SURE? I've very aware of the placebo effect and stray away from falling into it's trap, but I could almost swear these are more potent. They do say generics don't HAVE to have the exact mg in the pill. I also remember reading somewhere that the blue watsons actually have more mg's than just 10. Around 11 or so. (Note: There is no truth to that statement so dont take it seriously. It's just something I read)

^Yes he's sure, as am I too. The same pill with the same ingredients will work the same, no matter what brand it is. Generic or name brand, the effects won't differ.

i have to deal with people like this everyday. i just wanna smack them. example= 10mg of hydrocodone is 10mg of hydrocodone regardless of who makes the pill people.

well if one of the batches seems less effective it may be like that if the weaker pills weren't stored properly but still, its almost surely placebo. and yes, suprisingly many people prefer different "brands" and often times they are completely contradictory. if you really wanna find out the truth you can try giving a few of each to someone with opiate experience and ask him if he feels one is better or not. dont be too surprised if he tells you theyre exactly the same or even that the ones you find weak are totally superior....

I read somewhere here on bluelight that the actual dose of a drug sold in pills can differ by around 20% from the dosage printed on the pill bottle (can't remember the exact percentage). So couldn't a pill manufacturer put 11-12mg in a pill instead of 10mg and maby more people would buy them...?

redeemer said:
I read somewhere here on bluelight that the actual dose of a drug sold in pills can differ by around 20% from the dosage printed on the pill bottle (can't remember the exact percentage). So couldn't a pill manufacturer put 11-12mg in a pill instead of 10mg and maby more people would buy them...?
Government guidelines say they have to be exactly the same dosage. Okay, with hydro you could get away with it, but there are other drugs out there you wouldn't want to give an extra 20% of to someone, it could do some nasty damage or complications. The reason they are cheaper is because the generic manufacturers didn't have to spend all that time and money researching the next big thing. Drug development can spiral into the hundreds of millions, if not billions of dollars! They get all that back by charging more for the drug while they have sole claim of the patents. Once that expires its a free for all, and hydro or oxy are a joke to make with decent reagents so other companies make a huge saving, which results in cheaper pills.

For some reason Natrolone didn't move this to DB like he said, so DB it goes ->

You guys are treating me like a newbie. Opiates are my favorite class of drugs and I've tried all of them except heroin. I've done the blues MANY times and I've done the whites (not just mallinkrodt brand, others too) MANY times. I really do feel a difference, but as you say it might just be how fresh the pill is, how they were stored, etc. and it could also be placebo, but I DOUBT that since I've been an avid drug user for awhile and I know how false placebo's are. I appreciate all your responses and got all the info I needed! Thanks,

I know many opiate users (including myself) who swear that the potency of the pills DOES vary according to who the manufacturer is. For example...I also find blue watsons to feel a lot stronger than the same dosage pill made by mallinckrodt. I also find lortab brand name (with the speckles on the pill) to be a lot stronger than some other brands. I think this might be due to binders and what the composition of the pill is. This could have something to do with how the drug/pill is absorbed in the GI tract..I really don't know. I do notice a difference though, as many others do.

I have never noticed any differences between generic or brand name hydrocodone proucts. I believe that you may just been experiencing the placebo effect but I'm not treating you like a newbie, I'm the same way with benzodiazepines. I notice a difference between generic and brand name alprazolam or clonazepam even though I know that it has to be just placebo. Maybe I'm paranoid but for some reason I just always have to buy the brand name of any abusable drug, its just in my nature. However, I have never noticed any difference with any hydrocodone product. :\

K'dOUTinAZ said:
I have never noticed any differences between generic or brand name hydrocodone proucts. I believe that you may just been experiencing the placebo effect but I'm not treating you like a newbie, I'm the same way with benzodiazepines. I notice a difference between generic and brand name alprazolam or clonazepam even though I know that it has to be just placebo. Maybe I'm paranoid but for some reason I just always have to buy the brand name of any abusable drug, its just in my nature. However, I have never noticed any difference with any hydrocodone product. :\

Yeah i'm the same way. Generics just don't feel right. It's obviously all in my head though. I mean, I would take either offered to me, but if I had a choice I would go with name brand.

Also, having the placebo effect happen to doesn't mean that you are a "newbie." Sorry if you felt that was how we were treating you.

It might not be entirely placebic. Perhaps one manufacture uses non-psychoactive ingredients that slightly hinder the metabolism of the drug. Of course that's just conjecture, someone with more knowledge on the subject could provide more insight perhaps.

Although there's nothing wrong with a little placebo effect. Nothing at all.

if you really wanna find out the truth you can try giving a few of each to someone with opiate experience and ask him if he feels one is better or not. dont be too surprised if he tells you theyre exactly the same or even that the ones you find weak are totally superior....

That's what kind of offended me as being indirectly called a newbie. I know we all understand placebo so that's understandable. I know a lot of people who say the same thing so I figured this would be a good debate regardless.

how does that "indirectly" call you a newbie? i wanted you to do a sort of experiment to find out if its just you noticing these effects or if others would too. there is absolutely nothing offensive about that. its actually what I would do in your situation. you seem to think that if someone feels a placebo effect then theyre a "newbie" and not "really" getting high off the drugs and are just stupid. well, thats a misperception on your part. ANYONE can experience the placebo effect, no matter how much experience they had or how much they know about the drug... and you probably DID get placebo, BUT theres absolutely NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT and doesn't make you any less of a person.
I didnt expect to have to explain such a neutral remark...

I'm sorry I read it wrong. I thought you had said let someone with opiate experience try...not OTHERS with opiate experience. Please forgive...

I agree though, for some reason (maybe superstition) I get more of a high off of the blue watson 540's than anything else. Its weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.