Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

5 HTP in Australia?

magica

Bluelighter
Does anyone know where to buy 5 HTP from in Australia, or does it have to be ordered from the US??
Thanks

It has to be ordered from the USA or NZ... well they're the two most common sources people seem to use.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
"What they're trying to do with radio, with this, uh, McCarron-Walter Act and a lot of other ways, is start by saying that they're protecting the public from wicked rock bands, or girlie magazines, or whatever. But, if you follow the chain of dominoes that falls down, what they're really trying to do is shut off our access to information itself. If they can't do it by law they know there's other ways to do it."

that good because i ordered mine from i herb about 5 weeks ago and i still hasn't ven been sent!!.. im glad to hear that at least it not some dodgy people who have taken my money... sounds like it will come *eventually*, i was hopinmg b4 new years.. BTW what did you send it with UPS or air mail..

Whenever I've ordered airmail the package usually arrives within 10 days, inspected by customs on the way through.
I understand iherb may have been having some order fulfilling difficulties over the Christmas period but are backordering or something.
BT
smile.gif

It gives warnings on iherb for using UPS, because of the customs searches
I'm thinking ill be using air mail whenever I order something in question.

Airmail is also opened, inspected and resealed by customs, I've only ever had 1 package from iherb that came through unopened.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

We get ours from iherb on a regular basis, because my wife takes it daily, and we preload with it, and only had a problem one time...seems the order got messed up somehow, but an email to them took care of it. My wife used to need twice as much dosage as me to get the same, or close to the same effect I get from bikkies, and with preloading 5htp, she gets much better hits. They will open and check the package, but we have never had any problem resulting from that either.
Happy New Year to all!!

Singapore is paranoid land!!!
and i ordered thru iherb.com and it came thru wifout any problems! singpost did not even open it to check.
All it said was vitamins and that was it!!!

7 Days from iHerb? Shit, I waited almost 8 months! I sent away for the stuff in late April, waited a while, and then totally gave up on it. Then lo and behold, the package turns up early this month. It was like when you find $50 you had long written off in a pocket you forgot you had (not difficult with my wardrobe) - well, a quite a bit better than that in truth. I mean I'll give them a 0 for prompt service, but a 10 out of 10 for timing, with banana season kicking in! (Actually now that I think of it, I didn't check the package to see where the hold up was, so it might have been the fault of the mail services.)

That is unusal, I too have ordered from i-herb on several occassions and the packages have always arrived within 10 days (the fastest being 4 days!).
The only bum thing now is that they don't seem to be making their own brand anymore. From my experience and others this was the best brand to buy from them as some people can get upset stomachs and other side effects from other 5-HTP brands.
Anyone else recommend a different brand from i-herb?
If anyone has problems with i-herb just email them and let them know and I am sure they will sort it out.

Last I checked, the iherb "ULTRA 5-HTP" was basically 100mg 5-HTP, plus a certain amount of Vitamin C, and Vitamin B6... and that's it. So it's easy to come up with your own version of that. Just buy (eg.) the Jarrow 100mg 5-HTP caps, and take the RDI of VitC and B6 with it, and you'll be set.
BT
smile.gif

Question here, there is another brand which i am unsure whether it is 5HTP or not.
Its produced by Bodyonics i think and available thru iherb as well.
This is what the label says
"5-HTP TRYPTOBOL
GRIFFONIA SIMPLICIFOLIA
BIOACTIVE SEROTONIN PRECURSOR BOTANICAL
Amount PerServing %DV
Griffonia Simplicifolia 1000 mg **
[providing 10% (100 mg) 5-HTP (5-Hydroxy-L-Tryptophan)]
Herbolics Support Complex 100 mg **
(from Jatoba, Macca, Para Todo, Yerba Mate)"
What's the deal here?
Cos at 120 caps for US$17, its more worthwhile to get that as compared to Jarrows Brand of 5HTP which retails for $US16 for 60 caps.
Here is the URL i think, http://store.yahoo.com/iherb/5hptbody.html
If you can't find it just search for 5HTP and you shld be able to find it.

Has anyone used the "wire transfer" method for paying for their goods through i-herb..
I just got knocked back for a credit card (farkin insurance company's and their dodgy court cases!!) and it's getting to the stage now where I'm refusing to drop a pill until I get some 5HTP (come downs are wayyy too harsh..)
So anyway.. if anyone's used the wire transfer method.. could you tell me what's involved and how reliable it is?

I ordered some 5htp from i herb about a year ago. It took awhile to get here and when i did get it about 3 months after i ordered it they sent me an apology letter about the delay and a book on depression!
I ran out of the stuff ages ago so this post has inspired me to order more (when i get the cash of course).

My point was that the actual quality and purity of the 5-HTP vaires between different suppliers/manufacturers.
At Welcome I bumped into this guy who gets bad stomach upsets, etc from 5-HTP. As usual I had my supply of Mylanta handy which helped... but I would bet a few dollars that if he changed brand he might have less trouble. If that doesn't work then I would recommend NLP.
Cheers