Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Vic Roads DrugTest on P platers?

Styptic_Pencil

Bluelighter
Heya,

I joined up to have maybe four questions answered, and this was the only one not to be found through searching. Great site guys.

I couldn't tell from the post about The Victorian Drug tests whether the penalty applies across the board?

For alcohol, for instance the 'leve' is less for P platers.

Any info on this? As a P plater who has upgraded to six points, visiting victoria during the 'festive' season, I thought I'd better check!

Thanks....

I think P Platers get the same number of points per offence as fully licenced drivers, but they only have 5 to play with as opposed to 12. I could be wrong though...

There isn't a "level" as such with this test. It either shows there are substances detectable in your system or there isn't. So there can't be a different threshold for P-platers like there is for blood/alcohol concerntration. These drug tests are based on zero-tolerance ... no one can have any detectable amount of the tested drugs in their system whilst driving.

Pleonastic said:
I think P Platers get the same number of points per offence as fully licenced drivers, but they only have 5 to play with as opposed to 12. I could be wrong though...

thats in vic. in other states it can be different.. and i assume Styptic_Pencil is from out of state due to the whole "visiting victoria" thing.

If your done for drugs in your system, your done for drugs in your system. as they are illegal there is no equivalent to the .05 BAC that im aware of.

Thanks guys.

What surprises me is that they let u keep your licence. I thought this would be true 0 tolerance, but hey I'm sure that's been covered in the main thread...and who's complaining?

Styptic_Pencil said:
Heya,

I joined up to have maybe four questions answered, and this was the only one not to be found through searching. Great site guys.

You'll make a lot of friends here. A greenlighter who knows how to search! Top stuff ;) ;)

True.. but i think its the second time around you get your licence taken off you for a couple of months. I'm supprised they dont just give you a cancelation straight away.

After looking at that arrivealive site, the demerit points penalty is a result of a 'traffic infringement' penalty for the first offence. There is still a court penalty which is loss of licence. I wonder how they decide?

ed: A suggestion in another thread was that the court penalty is for those who go to court wanting to dispute and then fail.

Last edited: