Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drugs and Religious Experiences

eKLaB

Bluelighter
We've all been so off our tree that we're so sure we've just had a conversation with god or some other type of beyond belief religious experience that never lasted anymore than a few seconds. But I want to ask other BL'ers here, how many of you actually believed in what you were experiencing, believed for that nano-second you had a single connection with an entity much greater than yourself? You actually felt nirvana,a state of perfection or what you percieved as being real?

Science has no explanation for religious experiences, there is no part of the brain that is found to have any connection with them. So why do we have them and when experienced why are they so short lived?
What is it that is needed to feel this way all the time, is it the drugs we're using or simply just our brains being used to full potential.

I can account for 3 religious experiences in my short lived 18 years of life.
The first being when I was 7 yrs old and my dad had died just 2 days before in the house and I was asleep in the lounge room when I was woken up by a sound and across the lounge room, standing in the arch way was a large grey figure just standing there, I couldn't make out what it was it was fuzzy and it seem to stand there for ages before eventually disappearing.

The second time when I was about 13 and I had just started smoking weed, it was a saturday morning and after smoking myself stupid because there was nothing else to do and nobody in the house I feel asleep on the lounge and then started dreaming but it felt so real like lucid dreaming.
It felt like my body was slowly moving towards 1, like this 1 place of complete and total perfection and this same lucid dreaming state I saw myself standing before what I thought to be god and I was being judged upon my life.

Then about 6 months ago after having a few church bells I had finshed drinking a glass of water and in the bottom of the glass I looked into the reflection coming from the sun and for an instant I felt like I knew everything like I had a single connection with a power that knew all.

All experinces have changed me for the good and given me a better outlook on life. I would describe all expereinces as being quite vivid but i wonder if mj had anything to do with the latter 2 experiences?

just a few thoughts,
peace out eKLaB

I've communicated with the alien overmind on mushrooms before, I believe it's real. That shit was waay too profound not to be real.

Some of the experiences Ive had on DXM, have been real outter body experiences, where Ive been able to look at myself as if I was someone else.

Can not really say that this experience was religous, yet it was certainly enlightening and epic..

i agree that drugs can have mind altering abilities but i dont really agree with drugs making a person become in contact with the world or for this instance God.

i think that your brain a great powerful thing, and what you make out of it what you think is worth it.

a IT term used ages ago : GIGO
Garbage in Garbage Out.

i think your brain has the ability to make you a different person, all you gotta do is know how to work it out. obviously psycadelics take the effort of knowing how to work your brain out making a trip somewhat different to everyone elses...and i think that's why people say " you gotta be a in a good mood to enjoy an acid trip"

I know 3 ppl who all used to hurt the acid.....
2 of them have become Monks
1 is on his way to become a Monk.....

That speaks for itself... Stay away from the Acid kids ;)

I have met an entity on Salvia 5x Extract. Compared with my pityfull existance this thing was a towering benevolent godhead who for just one moment turned in atention my way. In that one instant it sent concepts and intentions to me that would have taken ages to understand and conceptualise in english.
I think it saved me from staying where ever I was at the time (infinite dark space outside of reality, but 3d reality could be seen in the distance as a flat [2D] construct, the only way to describe it is as a higher dimesional space)

Anyway, I have never realy tried to rationalise the experience as I know that I will get no where. I can't internalise it either as I could never explain how my mind would/could invent such madness.
I see myself as a very sceptical pragmatic person and only believe in solid scientific proof. Based on this I would simply say the human brain is a magnificant machine that we should be very carefull about tinkering with.......
So in short: Yes I have had profound experiences on drugs and No they are not real

Note: Some of my friends who are spiritual and in some respects shamanic would be discusted by what I have addmited to above by the way......