Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Introducing parents to MDMA and other drugs

psy_taco

Bluelighter
I have quite a close relationship with my mother and I have been thinking for a while that she could benefit from havingan experience with MDMA. Not going off to a rave or a club and peaking for hours on end, but sitting down in the comfort of her own home and having a smallish dose (1/3 to 2/3) of a pill and exploring the experience and if she feels inclined working through some of her personal issues with her son (I am currently studying psychology).
I put to other bluelighters: have you ever felt compelled to share an MDMA experience (or any other drug for that matter - thought particularly MDXX and psychedelics) with a parent? I have been wanting to tell my mother that I do MDMA just so I wouldn't have to be sneaking around and being dishonest about what I get up to at raves (although she may have guessed). Also I think that there are few things greater than having a sessios with MDMA than with someone you have a close bond with.
The reasons I am hesitant to do this are:
1. I would have to admit to MDMA use and may upset and worry her (she subscribes to the general media perception of MDMA use, although she used to smoke a bit of bud in the 60s) - and also have the money she gives me withdrawn so no more MDMA:(
2. Possible negative effects.

Anyway I was wondering what does everyone else think on the issue - is it right to introduce parents to these type of drugs? Is it a stupid idea? What would be the best way about going about this? And has anyone else done this?

Anyway I would like to know everyone elses thoughts on i

Maybe introduce her slowly by giving her a few of the real facts on the drug, without immediately saying you are a user of it and judge by her reaction whether or not you should tell her the truth.

if ya think she'll be ok with it sure go ahead.. but from my end the less my parents know about wat goes on in my weekends the MUCH happier we'll all be

Sounds like a good idea

It would be a wonderful experience to share MDMA with someone so close to you. But do not think of it as sharing simply a drug with her. But look at it as sharing a sacrament, a piece of the divine, with someone you love and care about.

MDMA is a strong drug that can change the way you see the world. Too many times I hear of people seeing MDMA as simply an alternative to alcohol. I know I have myself, however, it is not a good way to approach such a strong substance. In my opinion, I would ask her and if she said no, do not force it. Though with perhaps enough persuasion she may think otherwise.

I could go on for hours about the pro's and con's. There are so many variables and possibilities. Do what you feel is right in mind and heart and you can't go wrong. :D

^ Interesting point of view. Maybe you could bring it up as something you might like to try and that you would like to try it with her.

That way if she is totally against it she never has to know that you do use it, just that your curious.

If she is interested but unsure, maybe then you could tell that you do use MDMA, and know how to use it safely.

Did anyone hear what ever happened to BUMPNEK and her little experiment? ;)

my mother has tried mdma with us and loved it. she wasnt afraid as she has chrohns disease and always has doctors drugs for the pain. she now ask 4 a pinga to relax every now and then on wkends. sum nites we take her out wit us. she tops!

GF Dad

HEY YALL.
I THINK MY MUM KNOWS WHAT I DO ALL WEEKEND AND Y I GET NO SLEEP, BUT THATS A DIFFERENT STORY.
MY GIRLFRIENDS DAD KNOWS I TAKE X AND HE EVEN CAME OUT WITH US ONE WEEKEND HE WAS HAVIN A BALL HE KEPT SAYIN HE WISHED HE HAD DRUGS LIKE THIS WHEN HE WAS A KID AND RUBBIN HIS ARMS AND LEGS IT WAS A BLAST, MY GF DOESNT LIKE X, BUT SHE HAS A LITTLE BIT OF SPEED WHEN IM ON E.HER DAD KNOWS THIS ALSO (HE SMOKES BONGS EVERY DAY WITH US IF THAT HELPS UNDERSTAND THE SITUATION) BUT I WOULD HAVE TO SAY IN CONLUSION: EACH TO THEIR OWN :\
DO WHAT YOU FEEL IS BEST:|

sorry about the caps lock but im at work and the data base uses caps lock, i forgot to take it off :(

Wow! Sounds like a lot of u guys have a good relationship with your parents. I was so so so close to my mother when i was growing up. I was very much the goody two shoes though too. Now at 23, this past year i've wanted to kill her sometimes. And i recently tried MDMA and thought , my god i wish she'd try some she'd be so surprised & we'd probably end up resolving stuff too. Unfortunetly my mum knows the media side of drugs & now thanks to all these recents over doses, or so they say, she wont have a barre of it. Its really painful for me to see how much we disagree & dont understand eachother. I wish the she would have the brains to pick up a facts sheet (a good one) and realise that I'm responsible & an adult now. She'd probably disown me if she knew that i'd tried XTC. U know parents...Once u've tried something once. You're an addict. They have no understanding of any drug whatsoeva. And like u , I feel bad about sneaking around all the time...Even thou i dont live at home. But i always feel like i'm lying & being dishonest. I hate it. I was always taught to tell the truth. But i could imagine the result if i did. NOT GOOD! My BF suggested we slip some in her drink. jokingly of course. For u guys out there who've managed to introduce ur parents to it...GREAT for u. For those of u like me , What they dont know....Is probably for everyones best!!

Ive wanted to give my mum x for a while. She is always so stressed out, she finds it hard to approach me and talk about personal and deep issues. She secretely takes calmatives (codine) of a night time with wine. But at the same time, once she found out i tried speed 3 years ago through my brother and she cried. One day i will give her one. She works all the time and is a very stressed person. Although she does smoke a joint every two months with her partner, i feel she needs x instead. But im too fearfull to aproach cos of the media bullshit.

I try not to get my friends into it, and keep its presences awya from my family..

I speak openign with my mother.. then again she is a dirty smelly hippy whose done everythign from sniffy white out to snorting coke ..

E though... i know my mothers brain chemistry couldn't handle it .. she worries too much about BS and i think it could go into a bad trip really well