• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

nutmeg extraction

marxspeakstruth

Bluelighter
I have a few ozs of nutmeg, and I was wondering what are some good ways to injest it. I'm not looking for a bunch of posts telling me not to do it, i've done research on it, and I'm willing to take the good with the bad. I know i can get the essential oils from it through steam distilation, but are there any better ways? Step by step extraction methods would be greatly appreciated!

why go through all the effort to do that? Just cowboy up and eat it.:)

Fine, I won't tell you not to do. But I will tell you that you're stupid for doing it. If you've 'done research on it' you should know it's terrible for you.

You could try extracting it into an organic (non-polar solvent) and then evaporating, but most people don't have access to good solvents, and I suspect it would still taste offensively horrible.

From my experience, I would say putting them into 00 capsules would be your best bet with this. I used to take nutmeg often (I am one of the few who enjoys it) and I have tried all kinds of teas and that 'space paste' stuff you have probably heard about if you have done any research, but I never thought they tasted any better than eating straight nutmeg. I takes a long time to fill that many capsules (I usually would need anywhere between 30 and 40), but it really is worth it if you like the nutmeg experience.

i am also a fan of nutmeg. i think many people do not like it only because they either did not use fresh nutmegs or they did not take enough..or couldnt get past the taste (something i don't understand). i can eat it off a spoon and wash down with water easily. but if you really must have something to mask the taste, what's better then eggnog? i put heapfuls of nutmeg in my mouth and then throw in some eggnog and mix it into a thick mass of garbage and swallow. it also takes care of the gritty texture.

come to think of it, extracting it would be nice. this way there isn't a whole long process that has to be done every single time (if you extract a lot in one go), as well as avoiding the ingestion process. also it'd be nice to be able to take with you :]. so yeah, i think an extraction would be quite handy. i'll be googling for one now.

[edit] i found an extraction but it seems very complicated:
http://nepenthes.lycaeum.org/Extraction/extract7.html
you can buy nutmeg oil commercially, but i'm unsure of the correct dosage with that. it all seems a bit much just to turn it into some oil that is going to be even harder to down then the initial product. i'll be sticking to the gringding procedure.

Last edited:
ok, so on saturday i was bored and i NEEDED to get a buzz going - you know how you can be sober for weeks without a problem, and then theres this little niggly restlessness at the back of your mind?
anyways, i had that and in a desperate search for some kind of alkaloidal residue i thought of nutmeg...never again
the high on the night was interesting enough i suppose, but i am STILL high now. 3 days after initial ingestion. Not cool. The reason a drug experience is (can be) so pleasureable is that we register a change in our mind. when you wake up high, there is no pleasure because there is nothing (recent) to compare it to - it has become my normal mindset, yet i am aware that it is different. it really fucking sucks - nothings getting done while im waiting for this feeling to go away.
i implore you not to do this shitty drug - sobreity is much, much better - if all you want is a fun high, go get some OTC codeine product. (i swear that 24 nurofen plus tablets (halved) eaten on an empty stomach with a good glass of tonic water is equal to a small nod on an (insufflated) line of decent heroin. i get really strong effects of codeine - unfortunately that is true of the itchies as well

to answer the question you really don't need any extraction - just eat 3 big tablespoonfulls - i promise if you have a glass of water handy, and you don't think about the taste/gagging, you will be fine

monkeyjunky said:
the high on the night was interesting enough i suppose, but i am STILL high now. 3 days after initial ingestion. Not cool. The reason a drug experience is (can be) so pleasureable is that we register a change in our mind. when you wake up high, there is no pleasure because there is nothing (recent) to compare it to - it has become my normal mindset, yet i am aware that it is different. it really fucking sucks - nothings getting done while im waiting for this feeling to go away.
to answer the question you really don't need any extraction - just eat 3 big tablespoonfulls - i promise if you have a glass of water handy, and you don't think about the taste/gagging, you will be fine

If you had eaten two smaller tablespoonsfulls you wouldn't be high for so long.

A day or two tops... it feels like being burntout on midgrade weed, it isn't too fun unless your out of money and want an easy way to get high. Also the psychadelic portion just forces me to look at all the fucked up parts of my life I have to fix so it's increasingly less fun. Don't do nutmeg unless you know what your doing.

Oh, and I agree, chugging it back raw is the simplest way to get it down. Anything else will make it more difficult and disgusting.

marxspeakstruth said:
I I'm not looking for a bunch of posts telling me not to do it, i've done research on it, and I'm willing to take the good with the bad.

Can you guys read?

Naptha.. potentially... do the evaporation test. Put how ever much naptha would would need for the extraction (probably around 1/4 cup -1/2 cup) in a clean container, evaporate it. If there is no residue (you can't see, or smell anything), then its fine. If you can see something, definatly don't use it... if you can smell something, depending on the smell, it's a judgement call.

it evaps fine, i use it a lot on dxm extraction, so what should i do? combine the nutmeg, shake, strain, and evap the naptha?

Yeap, that sounds about right... you might want to leave the nutmeg for 24 hours in the naptha though.

If you felt like you wanted to get all kitchen chemist, and extract that you're probably familar with, but with a twist, could also help remove a lot more taste than a plain organic extraction. (Someone could refine this a little, cause I'm not sure about the order extactly).

After you've extracted the nutmeg into naptha, wash the naptha with acidic water (same acidicty as you would use for your DXM extraction (pH 3-4ish)). So add some acidic water, and shake it a lot. Then seperate, and discard the water.. (see if it has any smell to see if you've actaully extracted anything). Then evap the naptha.

My idea is that this could pull some non-polar alkaloids out of the naptha extraction, and those alkaloids are likely to be things which have taste. Hopefully, it should leave the active compounds.

Infact, that would be an interesting test, because there's arguements about where myristicin is the active compound in nutmeg. It, and chemicals like it, would stay in the naptha phase no matter what, but if the active compound is an alkaloid, it would get pulled into the water. So perhaps you should try an acid/base extraction on nutmeg and see if the end product gets you messed up.

Thanks man! This was really helpful, just what I was looking for. I'll report back on what happens, but I have a feeling you're probably right about your acid wash, I think it'll work, because I've read several places that there are no active alkaloids in nutmeg. Thanks again!

im currently extracting 60 grams of powdered nutmeg with ethanol with a pinch of acetone.

i'm thinking to cook it at 40'c for like 3 days and the buchner extract/seprate it and evaporate the alcohol and the pinch of acetone for a few days until i get pure nutmeg oil.

lets see wut comes out of it

nutmeg oil contains myristicin, eugenol and safrole
according to wikipedia myristicin is a pretty effective MAOI.

A lil' devil besides me tells me to try to cooking it into some sort of 4-aceyl-MDMA

All i need is aluimium mercury lye and RC grade nitromethane.
hmmmmmmmm
In theese situations i wonder "what would jesus do?" :)

wow. let me know if the nutmeg extraction works.

I just pack the crap in 00 capsules. Or mix into like 1 spoonful of applesauce and chase cruddy spoonfuls with red mountain dew.

you know the dose right? don't extract more than like 20 to 30 grams if you're a full sized adult. nutmeg is deadly, carcingenetic, bad for the liver.