• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ground up glass (window glass not drug glass) put in pills???

Huwy

Bluelighter
There was some shit on the news about manufacturers putting ground up glass in pills, so it cuts the lining of the stomach and the contents (whatever they may be) get absorbed very quickly and hence - only a tenth of the mdma is required for manufacture of each pill!
Imagine the repocussions for snorting/plugging!
Is this report valid or usual media scare bullshit?

its probably true and long ago when I was a youngster I learnt from the media that methylamphetamine or any amphetamine for that matter was created using such ingredients as rat poison.
------------------
"I love pussy, but never the bitch that it's attached too..." - Jus Allah

Well there was a thread on this before that answered this myth - and I wont post more myths here trying to answer it because I cant remember. All I am sure about is that it would be the media bending the truth - not 100% lying but using misinformation to make it look bad. The rat poison one has something to do with thinning the blood which makes absorbation much easier - and its a *rat* poison that doesnt necessairly mean it poisons humans in small doses. Anyway if anyone can remember where these myths were dispelled please post.

Yep! I remember that thread too Nickstar, I think the rat poison was wharfarin which is also a drug used to thin the blood (if I remember correctly - I could be completely incorrect).
Huwy the report I read said that the glass in the pills would increase the it's effectiveness by about 20% by inducing the bleeding in the stomach. So therefore the people creating it would only need to use 80% of what they would normally.
From memory the report only mentioned that some pills have been found to have crushed up glass in them but was completely non specific about percentages and also levels of glass. My impression when I read the earlier thread was this was just media scare tactics.
If anyone knows where to find the previous thread - it contained the article also, can they post the page link?

This rumour came from something a journalist made up.... I think four years ago. The original story was recently stolen, copied and regurgitated by a west australia newspaper. Then good old Senator Vanstone, partially missed the false point of the article and regurgitated her version. And on go the whispers and rumours.
The rat poison thing is about a chemical which makes up a percentage of rat poison (i forget how much %) which acts to effectively thin the blood. Less viscous blood = faster blood flow = greater effect of substances in your blood.
So this has some merit, however it will not make your tummy bleed.
The crushed glass thing has no merit that I can think of. However I do believe that it would result in death before the anyone having eated one could love the strong effects and rush off to buy more.
Crushed glass? C'mon, think about it!
[This message has been edited by entropope (edited 14 December 2000).]

Total myth and furthurmore the article was RIPPED off a 1994 article from TIME magazine. Someone found it on ecstacy.org. Dun even bother with such reports.

BigTrancer says:
"If "RAT POISON" = Warfarin... does "CRUSHED GLASS" = Silicon Dioxide?
Have a look at just about any natural supplement (ie. I just checked my bottle of 5-HTP) and sure enough, one of the fillers used to bulk out the caps and make sure they're; 1. Filled up, 2. Stay dry inside; is... sure enough, silicon dioxide.
Warfarin being the chemical in rat poison that is also used in humans to allieviate circulatory problems ('thin' the blood) c/o- Biscuit

As if anyone would put this shit into pills and I can't believe that people actually find this true but whatever,there are soooo many dickheads in the world!