Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Harm Reduction Stall - We need a NAME!

Cowboy Mac

Bluelighter
ok bluelighters, we need your collective brainpowers harnessed to come up with a name for the pill testing stall. the following are current suggestions that for one reason or another just dont cut it.

• old ideas from us
    Pill Testing Australia
    Adulterant Screening Australia
    Adulterant Assay Australia
    saftE (sort of a joke one)
    testE (even more of a joke one
    smile.gif
    )
    ozE/ausE
    EMHU (Ecstasy Harm Minimisation Unit)
    new ideas from bl'ers
    harmony
    harm on e
    harm in e
    E-ducate
    Saftey Net
    en-light
    e-light
and now you can see why we need your help
smile.gif
there may be a prize of some kind of tester E or E2 perhaps, but for now maybe we will name a public holiday after you. so bluelighters get those brain cells working
smile.gif

------------------
"Sacred cows make the best hamburger."
[This message has been edited by Cowboy Mac (edited 06 December 2000).]

I have lost total contact with this stall thing due to my work commitments ATM , plan to catch up soon .... but one name that has been floating around in my head is.....
harmony
harm on e
harmin e (as in harm minimisation with e)
you could play with a few variations on the word. It was also going to be the name of my big party, but I dont think the sound 'harm' is very inviting for a party
smile.gif

TwoUp
------------------
"Listening to the radio I feel so out of place.
There's a certain something missing that the treble can't erase."

ummmm E-safe (play off cred of dancesafe)
E-ducation
"E-ducate"
ummmmm
slogans
"how will your night go" ?
ummm this is the result of an ineffective's brain 2 minute brain storm
------------------
its that feeling you get....oh yeah Fukitzpumpin!!!

aye harmony is a good name
wink.gif

------------------
"Sacred cows make the best hamburger."

yeah
a play on the word harmony would be pretty cool. maybe even 'harmonE'?
(or does that sound too much like 'HARM on E'?)
and, is or has there been any pill testing stalls in perth? just wondering.

e-ducate is pretty cool, straight-up and i like that.. but i think i prefer harmony, simply cuz its a word i've always liked the sound of. say it over in a gentle voice: "harrmoneeee" it sounds so nice hehe =) also, ties in the musical aspect of raves as well
smile.gif

i was thinking maybe "HarmonE Harm Reduction" so its like harm reducing harm-on-e kinda thing. or we could just keep the pun less obvious and stick w/ harmony.
anyone else got any ideas? =)

Pill Testing Australia
It tells the story. Doesn't hint at lameness at all. No confusion.
Lables suck.

pill testing australia is the most boring name i ever heard. it sounds like some lil company that makes scientific testing equipment or some such. cant we get something at least a lil bit interesting? i know you (soma) and jb are all into the upfront thing. i have no prob w/ upfront like i said before, we have a uv glow sign that says in big letters free pill testing!! but please please lets have a name w/ some fun and interest in it. we are (mostly) ravers, trying to reach the rave community primarily. i dont want to sound like i'm 90 years old and testing laxative pills for the local RSL
[This message has been edited by atomica (edited 05 December 2000).]

atomica,
LOL!
smile.gif
I'm with you there girl!
er... and I don't mind harmony but don't like harmonE... I think we need something with only positive references in the title.
bananafish
smile.gif

well i also dont want to sound like a hippy...
fine, not PTA then... but like i said before, if we end up with a name like F.L.O.W.E.R. or Chi Town Kids Who Care i'm going to puke...

hehe FLOWER sucks. chi-town kids that care (ctktc) is cute, but i acknowledge that it is pretty goopy.
i think that anything w/ an E in it is tacky (even tho i suggested it above hehe). except the e-ducate which is pretty good imo. maybe a lil dry.
i dont think harmony is that hippyish. i like it actually (but then, i like ctktc). so far, i think it remains a contender.
c'mon ppl! everybody get in here and make suggestions. imuna make a copy thread in social, if no one has any objections. think we might get more responses from in there.
=)

eh its not as good as harmony. and its a bit dry.. but its short. and doesnt include the word australia.
i can live w/ it.
=)
twoup, you're such a font of good ideas =)
ooh look! i'm a junior salad tosser! someone's playing w/ the settings again.
[This message has been edited by atomica (edited 05 December 2000).]

another suggestion ...particlary if we are to have some kind of on-line presence at all.
"SAFETY NET"

look i'll make a concession... how about:
safEty-nEt
isn't that funky? isn't that what all the kids get into? am i that out of touch?

lol! ah jb, melbourne's own anti-raver.
arent some of these stalls gonna be somewhat hellish for you?
=)

hey! i was very well behaved at earthcore wasnt i? i mean i didnt punch any hippies ...well not many anyway....
i only get grumpy when people assume i'm a raver because i take e and i work for bluelight... when people see me in the flesh there isnt much doubt is there?
this is possibly the reason why i'm against a hippy name, that and i'd like to see the scope of the project go beyond the boundaries of rave culture... see me latest rants on the DS mailing list for more on that...