Doooofus

Bluelighter
From news.com.au
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,11626857%5E26462,00.html

===============================================
Police find 'death' drug
By Sam Riches
December 8, 2004

POLICE have cracked an organised drug ring that is potentially more lethal than even the dealers themselves imagined. Forensic tests revealed what Adelaide dealers thought was ecstasy was actually PMA (paramethoxyamphetamine) – known on the streets as "Death".

"Now the drug dealers have their own drugs mixed up – it's Russian roulette," Detective Chief Inspector Peter Harvey said.

"The people who were in custody of them believe they are Red Mitsubishi – ecstasy – (but) forensic analysis shows without question they're PMA."

The discovery came as the life-support system of a man, 19, from Keith was turned off at Flinders Medical Centre after a drug overdose. His death is suspected to be the result of an overdose of Red Mitsubishi. His body overheated and went into "muscle meltdown". Hospital staff immersed him in ice to reduce his temperature before he was transferred to Adelaide last Monday.

"My sympathy goes to his family," Chief Insp Harvey said.

"It is a warning – you face death. We're not saying they're linked, but it shows there's no second chance."

News of a second sizeable haul in as many days – with direct links between those arrested – has taken the tally of tablets being sold as ecstasy to more than 1600. The seizure includes PMA, liquid GHB (gammahydroxybuterate) – known as "Fantasy" – and crystal methamphetamine.

The PMA tablets are sold as, and look similar to, Red Mitsubishi but they bear an 'F1' logo. On Saturday, police seized more than 1000 tablets, both PMA and ecstasy, at a South Plympton address. The pills were destined for the Enchanted rave at Port Gawler last weekend, police said.

A woman, 22, was arrested on Monday night after police seized 600 tablets and a quantity of GHB at her Morphettville home. She will appear in Adelaide Magistrates Court next month.

Chief Insp Harvey was concerned at the size of the two drug hauls.

"It is organised and (those arrested are) well-connected with each other – it's their business," he said. "They are linked to the same group and it's quite disturbing."

Investigations are continuing and further arrests have not been ruled out.

The Advertiser
============================================

Raid of the year
14.gif

"The people who were in custody of them believe they are Red Mitsubishi – ecstasy – (but) forensic analysis shows without question they're PMA."

Grr... I hate how ecstasy in general is referred to Red Mitsubishi now, like it's the official name for the drug. Isn't it completely obvious that a pill's name is determined by the logo on the front?

So, everyone in Adelaide (and the rest of Australia for that matter), be very cautious when dealing with F1s...

^ This story is in today's Advertiser, which follows on from the story yesterday where there was a bust of 1000 pills with the F1 logo on them. From what was written in yesterdays article the police were saying that the F1's were "re-badged" Red Mitsi's.

So from today's article, are they saying that the Red Mitsi's are actually PMA?

Sounds like the police are either struggling to communicate information effectivly (if true a huge worry) or the journalists are completly clueless and need to attempt to sound credible before attempting to write anything more complicated than a childrens book.
In my opinion its probably a bit of both, the officers liasing with the media probably vary resulting in garbled information. Personaly I don't think the police give a flying f*ck if the media get it wrong, so long as it sounds like nasty drug dealers are trying to kill australia's children.
[/end rant]

Well I think that artical brings a new low to australia's media coverage of drug related news.

Good riddance. They busted people with drugs I have no interest in. :X

Except e's, but there will always be more. And corrupt cops who steal from the evidence room. =D

I think as always the quotes and information have been somewhat manipulated by the time we read them in the press. Its great to hear a batch of PMA pills are off the streets but I'd almost bet they have no relation to the red mitsi's at all. I'm prepared to be corrected on that but it seems red mitsi has become a type of drug to the media. They get wind of death drug PMA and they automatically associate red mitsi I would guess.

Hopefully we can find out more of these F1's, we can only assume they are red which could be quite incorrect. People need to be warned if there are still more on the street.

Reddish F1's confirmed to contain PMA

Enlighten has recieved information that the F1's containing PMA are a reddish colour where the F and the 1 are the same size. This is in contrast to other F1's which may be around such as this Yellow F1 which was identified to contain amphetamine (although it is possible it contains other substances as it was not GC/MS tested). The F1's seem to be adulterated pills so it would be safest to avoid them all completely.

This has now been published on the Enlighten website.

Last edited:
Doooofus said:
"Now the drug dealers have their own drugs mixed up – it's Russian roulette," Detective Chief Inspector Peter Harvey said.
I don't actually know of ANY drug dealers that have ever known what they're gettin'.
None of these guys test and as such who could be sure?
They just advise if the shit's good or not.
Don't worry, their advice is taken as light-hearted chit-chat.
Meh.
I guess the cops really don't know shit.
PEACE

hey i think you guys shouldnt write off EVERYTHING the media says as bullshit. sure they might freestyle some shit of their own but the bottom line is its for your own safety. If there is a 1% chance that a pill has PMA (red mitsi, F1 or whatever?) then they are doing the masses a favour by warning us. If these pills dont infact contain PMA then what have you lost by not taking them anyway? You should be thankful for the warning and turn away anything that is offered to you that fits the discription of anything thats dangerous.

Safety is the key.

Just to reiterate, Enlighten has confirmed that there is a batch of reddish coloured F1's that contain PMA, this is not a media beat-up a la red mitsubishi's.

Re: Re: NEWS: "Police find 'death' drug" (PMA)

Killing_time said:
I don't actually know of ANY drug dealers that have ever known what they're gettin'.
None of these guys test and as such who could be sure?
They just advise if the shit's good or not.
Don't worry, their advice is taken as light-hearted chit-chat.
Meh.
I guess the cops really don't know shit.
PEACE

thats some dissapointing shit to hear lol.. no matter how good ur friends are or how much shit they claim to know, without using bluelight and pillreports and using ur own testers for that last reassurance it can (apparent in this article) be dangerous to take anything. i came across F1s 6 weeks ago, i thought they were speed bombs but um.. as i reported HERE the test results were wierd!

i could be wrong but i swear the chart i had at the time (now burnt to shit from the reagent) mentioned something about the order of which the colours changed indictated PMA?? ive been tryin to find a chart online to back it up but cant find it anywhere. would any admins like to fill me in on this? to the best of my recollection it was green - > red - > brown - > and then hard to distinguish between dark brown or purple/black. i assumed speed k mdxx but yeh noticed that pma shit but yeh.. who would think lol

maybe im totally wrong but yeh im still buzzin from last night and thought id spam some shit for a while :p

have a nice weekend :D

PMA should turn green-red-brown according to ChemSol's chart (MANDELIN).

However, this test is only part of that for PMA published in forensic literature. The second part of the test applies formaldehyde vapour in anhydrous conditions. This will produce a blue-purple which will fade with addition of water.

From "The Handbook of Drug Analysis" PMA is clearly distinguishable from MDMA and MDEA which turn an olive green and MDA which turns a gray-tan with addition of water.

The sensitivity of this spot test [Mandelin -> HCOH -> H2O ] with PMA is reported to be equal to that of Amphetamine.

Apart from the toxicity potential when using the above proceedure - formadehyde is highly toxic to inhale - the big problem when testing for PMA with the kits, is that there's nothing recent with which to compare a result to.

AFAIK Enlighten haven't had a PMA sample to check. I certainly haven't seen a known sample tested.

So, when using the mandelin alone to test for PMA, until a verified result can be viewed, a lot hinges on the reliability of the charts. While I expect a reaction should occur, we don't know what degree of colour will typically be seen. We also need to see how typical excipients and binders in pills affect the reactions.

Last edited:
Which reagent is it? Check enlighten's website for colour charts.

(PD beat me!)

BT ;)

i was looking for a colour chart that contained a pma reaction that wasnt the "no reaction" type and well.. it took me like 45mins b4 i gave up asking myself "did i really fuking imagine that shit?" haha im not crazy :D

so um dr platypus, would u consider the results i witnessed a PMA reaction?

1sec 2sec 4-5 secs
green -> brown -> purple -> black

after reading the PMA report i do definately remember finding it hard to distinguish between brown and purple, and then dark brown or black. also between green and brown im pretty sure it would have been orange but had a orangish light on so yeh ignored that part when it happened.

no one had any trouble with them. i had a tough job of sleeping lol but yeh to think that i could have possibly come passed PMA and not even known is kinda "WTF?"

be safe pplz

Last edited:
just spoke with a friend of mine who also consumed F1s

he took 2.5 over a 3hour period b4 he felt anything. he didnt sleep for 3 days. 24hrs after dropping he experienced bad nausea, uncontrolable shaking, fever, difficulty breathing and couldnt eat. they almost called an ambulance but in the end decided not too.

HMMMMMMMMMM?? PMA ANYONE?

too much coincidence for my liking

scary :S

I'm merely an amateur at the subtlety of these colour changes; Cowboy Mac, Johnboy or Big Trancer would be able to help far better than me on this:\
What I am reasonably good at is the clinical response to pills, and the 'friends' experience sound very suss. I've been wondering for a while now if we should be recommending that if you have a pill that doesn't have a perceptible effect within one hour, you shouldn't take any more. How often do people get NOTHING within an hour?

I can relate to that alot drplatypus, ive rarely had pills that effect me after 1 hr before consuming, after taking those f1 as well and i only took a half then within a hr there was no response so i gathered another half then one hr and half later i started to feel sick with all the symptoms like teeth grinding, eyes were popping out feeling very anxious but all that time i didnt get any hit. I started to think it was a re press of mitsubishi`s but i dont know cause ive havant tryed those red mitsu`s. So after 5 hrs i was still feeling those nasty effects like shaking, high blood pressure, high pulse rate and in the end i coudn`t sleep for about 3 days.

Depending on the various factors that influence the digestion rate. Anything from 30mins till 2 hours it has taken before I feel a pill come on. The thing to say, it's just stupid to take anything more than 1 if you feel no effects anyway.