Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

rusel street clean up

mr king

Bluelighter
i made a post about russel street (vic melb) a while ago and last weekend it coped a clean up THANK GOD no junkies to be seen

eventho a few non junkies where caught it was still good to see the police are doing something and keep the public safe

Honestly how effective is this going to be. All they are doing is moving the problem not solving it. Throw these ' junkies' in jail and then what?

Crowd the prison system with more people that mearly need to be re-habilliated?

Short sighted rubbish..... If anything all 'junkies' (i hate that term) should united and loiter the streets, showing everyone just how bad the situation is...

mr.king...your a fool.
All this will do is force it into the housing estates(more than it is)
I think this is bullshit anyway...WOW,no users for one day!!!I've seen these clean ups before,they only ever last a day or 2.....The only street i've seen cleaned up is Smith st....but that turned the commision estate into a very violent fucked up drug market......Oh,the people that live there are poor anyway,they have no voice...so who cares!?!
Prescription Heroin

^^^ correct, i live in the city, and clean ups only lasts around a day or so and most of them are back.

just go there and have a look at how many deals can go on in 30 mins...some are in plain view.
+ the ones going to jail are only people working for manjor ones.

ge feeling a little burned but still rather junkies in jail rather then jumping people

^^ And you don't use any illegal drugs at all yourself, eh? Geez I hope not.

If you think arresting "junkies" is a sensible way of dealing with drug use and it's associated issues, then you obviously know nothing about the street drug scene, and the people who are involved in it.

Law enforcement is not capable of dealing with a health / social issue like drug use at all.

Last edited:
^ Tottaly Agreed, it is a health issue, it shoud not be dealt with using law enforcement.

Mr King going by your rationale, here in Sydney we would be arresting junkies everyday in places like Redfern. Would this ever solve the problem of Heroin in the area? NO!

And to my next point, if you know of areas that have high drug abuse rates, high crime rates etc, wouldnt it be in your best interest to stay away from such places.

As my point before says, taking junkies off the street wont solve shit!

i dont have a problem with the junkies that do there own thing but when u have them ofering heroin to anyone that walks past coming into clubs and jumping ppl in the toilets or starting fights with ppl who are at the local club like i saw last thursday. dont get all ur ji horses up

What Scratchamalogical Waxploitation Said.

Flexistentialist said:
^^ And you don't use any illegal drugs at all yourself, eh? Geez I hope not.

If you think arresting "junkies" is a sensible way of dealing with drug use and it's associated issues, then you obviously know nothing about the street drug scene, and the people who are involved in it.

Law enforcement is not capable of dealing with a health / social issue like drug use at all.

07-12-2004 18:28 (#2519023)
^ Tottaly Agreed, it is a health issue, it shoud not be dealt with using law enforcement.

if its a health issue why are junkies strongly related to burgs and other stuff like that

mr king said:
07-12-2004 18:28 (#2519023)

if its a health issue why are junkies strongly related to burgs and other
stuff like that

You are kidding me right? 8) you just dont get it.

Junkie is such a stereotypical word!

ld50 vs ssri said:
You are kidding me right? 8) you just dont get it.

Junkie is such a stereotypical word!

Absolutely. Junkie is such a stereo typical word. Honestly those people who battle with drug addiction which causes them to live such horrible lives really need help. Re-habbilitation, motivation and someone there to help them, give them a step up.

Breaking an addiction is one of the hardest things to do in life. The last thing we need is more people stereo tpying them. Be part of the solution not the problem..

I don't think it's completely unfair to use the word junkie...I think there are a lot of negative connotations with the word which are often unfounded, but which sometimes aren't. I think you have to be a heroin addict to be a junkie, but you don't have to be a junkie to be a heroin addict.

I use the word junkie to refer to people who live heroin. Not just to any old heroin addict, but to someone who lives that life.

Junkies congregate in "burgs" because the life they lead is on the fringe of society, as well as the fact that most of them are from low socioeconomic backgrounds. There is nowhere else for junkies to go. They are forced to live a life that puts them in this situation because of the fact that black market drugs are expensive. That, and the fact that society hates them, force them into places like the place being discussed in this thread.

Heroin addiction is a terribly sad thing and can destroy people's lives. My heart goes out to people who have to live heroin because of an addiction, even if they are one of the minority who conform to the junkie stereotype, and even if they'd tell me to go fuck myself (which most of them probably would).

Mr King ... Get over yourself. Arresting heroin addicts doesn't do shit except make life worse for people who already have it bad and give you an excuse to fill yourself with self-rightous indignation and go spouting shit all over the place. I recommend you go before posting anymore of your shit here, because I doubt you'll find a whole lot of sympathy for your "junkies are bad people who need to be arrested" argument on this board or anywhere else on bluelight.

[Edit: No flaming, please. BT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just exactly what is the meaning of a junkie to you all ? Ive allways looked at it as slang for someone with habitual use.

The dictionary describes it as this

Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural junk·ies
1 slang a : a narcotics peddler or addict b : a person who derives inordinate pleasure from or who is dependent on something <sugar junkie> <television news junkie>
2 : a junk dealer