Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pillreports 2.0

XSI11V

Bluelighter
There was the damn RISE pill debarcle, there's someone reporting on pot, it's littered with homophobic and racist comments, and now some guy leaving his ICQ hoping to pick up some Blue caps!!
The worst thing is - there's little that can be done to delete this crap.
frown.gif

Pillreports is and always will be a valuable resource, but in its current state is frustrating and dangerous to XTC newbies.
I'm not sure if Pillreports 2.0 is currently being developed or is just a myth. Anyway this thread is for anyone 'in the know' to inform us about the progress (if any). Pillreports is an integral part of Bluelight, and I'm sure many of us are more than keen to help out in whatever way we can, and are bursting with suggestions.
So Pillreporters and jaded old-skool Pillreporters let's hear some comments/suggestions....

thanks entropope I didn't see your thread coz i just searched for 'pillreports'.
Sounds like a lost cause - that is disheartening
frown.gif

Maybe we should start our own (like the PTA bulletin Board) with the same guildlines for now. Could be a bit messy - but I *think* we could at least moderate it ourselves. If it shits Jase thet we're going out on a limb - maybe it'll prompt him to do something about it.
smile.gif

I'm a web developer and can create database-driven web sites in Active server pages with an SQL Server database.
I have been sick of the crap that we have had to deal with in the current pillreports pages, and have had a number of things in mind that would improve things (and fix a few things that just don't work.)
If no-one else wants to re-develop pillreports then I may be able to offer my skills. It would have to be in December, when uni is over.
What do people think of pillreports becoming like one of those "reviews" sites like cnet.com?
I'm thinking of having people put comments and seperate ratings of value for money, intensity, duration, etc, and their overall rating is the average of these, and the overall rating of the pill is the average of the ratings of all submitted user reports of the pill.
There would definitely need to be pictures too (with ruler), to help prevent fakes becoming mixed in and affecting ratings. Of course there would need to be a way to deal with dealers trying to push crap pills.
Are there any existing "review" sites (e.g. for computer hardware reviews) that we could use to any extent as a model for our pillreports?

There are heaps based on the slashcode code.
ie
slashdot.org
arstechnica.com
(ahhh two of my fav sites)
pillreports would be based (I assume) on UBB, just some work needs to go into adding moderationability to it all.

didnt know any other bluelighters read slashdot and arstechnica
smile.gif
you nerd soma
wink.gif

------------------
"Sacred cows make the best hamburger."

Note that if we are going to use Active server pages then the server would have to be an NT Internet information server.
Also, if we are going to use an SQL Server database the web hoster must support it.
There must also be enough space on the server to hold the growing the database.
Let me know if these are okay.
I wouldn't be able to do anything until I'm finished with uni though (in a couple of weeks).

Soma, I think so much more needs to be done than "just some work" going into "adding moderationability".
I am often pedantic, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has found that a lot of things don't work, like such a simple thing as sorting (it doesn't work on pages other the first one).
Obviously we need pictures too, I'm sure it would be a lot easier for both users and johnboy (with his picture threads that he currently has going) if the reporters themselves could simply upload their image files that will be automatically displayed on the pages.
A better search engine would be good too.
I'm going to be silent about this until uni is over, I've got so much uni work to do!

Agreed. Its just that moderation would be the number 1 best thing to have considering what pillreports is starting to look like (At least in the Aus section)
I would gladly give my time to moderate that section.

well prayers have been answered... moderation is now happening...

i think rather than reinventing the wheel it would be best to fix pillreports. skydancer has shown he is willing to to fix things. maybe a good strategy is to email him and ask him techinical specifics about pillreports, then come up with codes that will fit in.
i think i might start a thread in "announcements" called "pillreports: known issues".