Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

physiological side effects of MDMA

sonicbaby

Bluelighter
I have done some serious searching on erowid etc and cannot find comprehensive information on serious side-effects of E which I witnessed on the weekend. Myself and my friends have been taking E for many years but one of our friends is quite sensitive to E (his E always comes on first) and we had some good pills on the weekend which were quite strong MDMA. In the morning after a couple of pills he started pulling some extreme faces and had involuntary head swinging. His mouth and tongue were uncontrollable and he looked a bit like schizophrenia patients on that medication which causes facial distortions. It was causing the others quite a lot of concern although we had seen this behaviour before but never as intensely as this. He also seemed to lose the plot a bit, became extremely vague, and obviously didn't realise how fucked he was. It took a few hours for all the symptoms to go away and he returned to normal. Is this a case of extreme sensitivity to E and its side effects or is it an allergic response? If someone can help me I would be grateful because his behaviour was so concerning.

This has happened to him before, but not as bad? Why does he use E in the first place? Maybe he should stay away from it, and maybe you all should take a break. Too much of anything isn't good.

Hey sonic,
I think I know what you mean.
Quite a while ago my friends and I took some good quality E. We all enjoyed it immensely as per usual. But one friend who had exhibited the same symptoms before but in a mild form, suffered from extreme facial distortions. His mouth screwed up to one side seemingly uncontrollably. I could see that he was trying to control it but a. didn't realise how screwed up his face really was and b. obviously couldn't do a thing about it. Another interesting symptom was the way his hands seemed to convulse somewhat similar to people with either cerebral palsy or Parkinson's disease! His face was so distorted that he couldn't quite talk properly. But when we grew rather concerned and asked him how he was feeling, was he ok, he managed to say that he was feeling good and, yes, he was ok. It certainly didn't look like it! We found it hard to look at him!
Needless to say, I think he still takes pills, albeit usually shit speedbombs (probably for the best) and I haven't heard this happening to him much these days.
I've heard rumours that MDMA usage has been linked to Parkinson's disease. Maybe this is true for some people with a particular disposition to it. Maybe this is apparent in my friend and your friend too. Interesting. Haven't seen any post about this before. Is this something we should be discussing more? Anyone else have a similar story?
Respect to all
Vinyl.

Oh shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've had simular stuff happen to me, although not quite as bad. I usually get told to stop pulling such stupid faces, like for example my teeth will be practically hanging out of my mouth, but I don't realise I'm doing it.
MDMA usage being linked to Parkinson's disease??????? I certainly hope not!!!!!!!

I think i remember correctly that, E causing parkinson's disease was only a myth... MDMA was confused with some other chemical that sounds similar which caused parkinson's disease.... but i read this a long time ago... could someone else clarify?

yea ami thats right, it is a myth that MDMA causes parkinsons disease. this rumour apparently occured as during the mid 80's (?) maybe 90's i cant remember
smile.gif
(no pun intended), a chemical called MPTP was found to cause parkinsons. Apparently all that happened was people got the two chemicals mixed up and some thought MDMA caused it, it was only MPTP.
------------------
"Sacred cows make the best hamburger."

i have frens who pull weird faces almost everytime they take stuff, be it mdma, speedbombs or even acid.
it seems to be a rather normal thing?
as for myself, when ive gone abit too hard, like for a few days, i find that my hands tend to bunch together like paws. (*waves little paws*)
imu2.gif

Thankyou everyone for clarifying that. I'm feeling relieved now.
ThankGodForSanity.
------------------
I have been liberated into the light

I get the shaking/convulsion thing happening when I've had a tad too much...
I think I read somewhere that it has something to do with a high body temperature(?)