Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Why does E change your appearence?

Jaff

Bluelighter
After taking a decent amount of good E, why does your face look so different and pastey. You don't look like yourself in the morning. Is there an explaination?
Thanks
Jaff
------------------
Travelling without moving

Can't answer that question, but I have noticed the same thing. Also I've noticed that everyone looks really attractive as well. Weird huh??

My face seems to hang in there for a bit longer. I'm fine the day after. I don't really get the white, pasty thing happening until the day after that. Then it's really ugly
frown.gif

Finn
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Finn (edited 01 November 2000).]

i find that after bikkis i look like shit and so does everyone else, not attractive at all!

I know that for some reason people with dialated pupils look more attractive to others.
The pastey deal might be to do with where you are, after pilling at a doof I don't seem to be as pastey as say after a hot and sweaty night at a club.
I dunno maybe something in the pills you get, what you do whilst pilling or a personal reaction???

i think the pastey white look is due to the lack of circulation after an e, notice the pins & needles? also another effect. Dunno why circulation drops so dramatically afterwards. Sometimes a warm shower/bath helps
This probably also explains the black rings around the eyes, along with the fact you've had no sleep.
Just guesses, anyone else?

I know what u mean by attractive with the dialated pupils and all, i agree. But what i was getting at is how then next day your face looks shocking. As mentioned before, pastey skin and bags under the eyes. Sure, eyes get droopy when u have no sleep and most prolly cause the bags. But the next day, out of our lil' group, our skin looks quite awefull to ourselves and eachother.
I mean, there must be an explaination.
Thanks guys,
smile.gif
Jaff
------------------

isn't the way it works is that *your* pupils dilate when you look at something/someone you find attractive?
but i know what you're talking about :/ and i have panda eyes at the best of times
wink.gif

but i also find that speed makes my skin go to the shit as well.

Havent you noticed that after a big sesh at the gym you look exactly the same in the face as youdo after a big night?
Also, if you do a home roll, your appearance doesnt change at all really apart from your eyes. I dont put it down to the pills or drugs, I put it down to a lot of exercise and persperation.

Fake Tan.
Solarium.
Either way, guaranteed to keep you looking good after a heavy weekend.
As for the reason why you look shit. I believe that sometimes after a really big time on good MDMA you'll get slight "trip' effects which I've found can make you look worse than you do.
Plus lack of sleep, hot, sweaty, smokey air can't be doing wonders for our skin

Also i think it might have something to do with the amount of water that is lost from your system. I find that weight loss after a big night has a fair water content and that would indicate that i have drained my body of water.
The lack of water would leave both your face very taunt, i get a skull face after large nights out, and vitamins and minerals would be drained from your system (i have been told that you should drink 2-3 litres of water a day but no more than that because you risk flushing your system of nutrients and vitamins).
This said then when you flush your system the nutrients that would normally make your skin nice and fresh looking are gone and thus you have a pale and malnourished complexion.
A friend of mine actually drinks very little water when he goes out at night and ends up with the largest panda eyes (that's a cool term yaytima) you have seen and they disappear after he has had a good drink of water.
In addition as Mr. Horse stated you are exercising quite a lot and this will cause you to sweat and having lots of sweat (and its associated dirt) on your face isn't a nice look any time of the day.

I think my skin looks it's best after E, but the bags under my eyes look shocking.

Could just be from not looking after your body in general, which may be OK during the week, but when you're rolling hard and dancing hard, then something's got to give. I have read that your face is also an indication of your liver health too. I usually make sure I wash my face often in the bathroom (if there is cold water). Cools you down and stops sweat stinging your skin. Our group looks OK most of the time, probably because none of us have fair colored skin. I remember after Innovator:Rolando I looked in the rear view mirror and said, hey we actually don't look too bad this morning, and so started the chanting 'Damn we look sexy' all the way home lol
biggrin.gif
. I think that the party should have went longer because we definately did not feel very skattered.

i agree with horse with the home roll thing and losing fluids and sweating, changing your skin color may not be just how your eyes percieve your skin, like on acid it gets blotchy red after the trip, maybe if you took a photo of everyone in the morning everyone would still look crap when your eyes had recovered
smile.gif

------------------
"Sacred cows make the best hamburger."

Ok, I know what u guys mean, it may be a visual illusion, but, there have been times where i havent had anything and a friend of mine has and it is fairly obvious that morning. The skin is mostly effected. Most of u guys know what i'm talking about. Say after 2-3 MDMA packed pills.
Mr horse, i understand what ur trying to say, but i don't dance everytime i have E. But yeah i know what u mean
smile.gif

Bent - Thanks... I'LL BE DOIN THAT for sure!!!!!
Well i have come to realise that not everyone has these effects but i can tell u most people i know, do.
I just checked the Medical Q.A and i received there is a post that simply states
"Because it's an amphetamine, and inherently toxic to your body...
Well just because we feel good on it doesn't mean it isnt toxic right!
Does anyone find that 5htp Helps with apearance?
smile.gif
Cheers
------------------

Talking about speed.. I heard that speed freaks get scabs and stuff, a friend told me that some people eat thier scabs to re-use the amphetamine ..that is bloody gros, but is it true?? or just a scary story
yaytima, you are right and I am wrong
anyway gotta go
smile.gif

motoman, you're a freak :p
interesting post you have here Jaff, i've been wondering about this one myself. i've always thought that it was because your body would be drained of vitamines, nutrients, all the good stuff after a long time. has to do with horsey's comments towards physical exhaustion. i know you were looking for scientific reasons, but, like everybody else on this thread, i can't give em to ya (i'd love to be informed though) but because i've experienced what your talking about, i feel i have some sort of masters degree on the subject
-buckE
"don't follow leaders, do watch your parking meters.."

If i only get bags under my eyes when i don't drink enough water throughtout the night.
And I remember my teacher showed usa a picture of the mona lisa followed by another one and she looked prettier in one for some reason that no one could figure....Bigger pupils!!

yeah, I must say, i reckon i look orrite the next day
smile.gif

and during the night when i'm pillig i can never stop perving on myself in the mirror - ive put it down to the big pupils too
wink.gif

I love looking in the mirror the next day and seeing those huge black pupils...theres something appealing about it!!!!
I also find my lips look really red the next morning.....it's weird because i look like me but at the same time i don't look like me.