Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

vascular effects of meth/weed

DeSpise

Bluelighter
just wondering about the effects of meth and weed on the circulatory system...

apparently THC speeds up your heartrate, because your blood vessels dilate, dropping your blood pressure and therefore making your heart work faster to keep the pressure up.

and obviously meth constricts the blood vessels and raises your blood pressure and heart rate signifigantly.

so when smoking weed while on meth, do you still get an increase in heartrate from the thc? it seems that logically the vasocontricting effects of meth would overpower the vasodilation and therefore... no heartrate increase from the THC...?

and would smoking weed while on meth lower your blood pressure?

meth and weed definitely drive your heart rate and pressure up.

I stupidly managed to get my hands on a sphygmomanometer while tweaking (and smoking up and eating acid later, but we won't get into that) and ended with a bp of 190/165 (normally 110/60) or something similar absolutely fuckin ridiculously high. H.R of 135 odd (60 odd normally).

Fortunately nothing seemed to explode and I'm still quite alive.
Its great for weight loss though.
Not that I'm recommending it :p

See Recreational drug misuse: issues for the cardiologist (click on the full text link) for info on the effects of drugs on the cardiovascular system. Unfortunately, it does not discuss the details on drug combinations, but I would hazard a guess that it would be pretty individual and unpredictable anyhow. If you're really keen, do what moe did and hire a sphygomanometer from a chemist some time.:)

im just wondering if weed would "add on" to the obvious increases in bloodpressure/heartrate caused by meth... since the mechanism of marijuana increasing your heartrate is due to vasodilation, which would probably negligible with meth constricting your veins...

i dont wanna even know my heartrate or bloodpressure on meth, i just try to play ignorant !!!! it freaks me out too much lol