Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Economics of Drug Taking

BayCityRolla

Bluelighter
I'm just curious on what BL's spend each week on drugs and do you get yourselves into debt.
From the posts I've read over last few months there are alot of Students on BL..SO How do you guys afford pills/other stuff?
In my party on days I was spending $200-300 every weekend and alot of times a shitload more..I didn't save a cent and now I kicking myself cause I was earning good money for such a young bloke back then ...!!!
PS Did a search on this topic but didn't find anything.Hope it hasn't been covered before..
Cheers
BayCityRolla - Once a drug taking party freak...Now an old man buying a House !

Well lets just say that although I am still trying to save money for overseas adventures a lot of my money is going towards going out and drugs.
About 2 thirds of my money goes towards going out and drugs. My average earnings is about $360 a week which is shit for a full time worker, but hey I'm only 19 so what can I do. I know I spend too much, but at the moment I'm having a lot of fun so it isn't concerning me too much although I have practically zero dollars by the time Monday rolls around.
Maybe it's time I saved more.

Nah never seen this topic before... Hang on, yes I have, tho it was kinda different... Ah carefactor, it's interesting anyway..
Well more recently I've been going out a bit more than I used to, basically every week for the last few months, maybe missing one week here and there. I only even have one pill tho, or a cap, so I'm only spending $40 a week, plus $10 entry and $3 for a bottle of water... $53 for a great night ain't that much really...
Pretty tame compared to what I'm expecting to crop up, but we shall see
smile.gif

------------------
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with tomato sauce.

WOW $53 for a night rolling thats probably the least you could possibly spend unless you got either drugs or entry for free somehow.. Thats what i call scrimping!
BayCity.. Im a student, with absolutely no income at the moment (fuck you Centrelink), and so my solution is to basically have one absolute caner-of-a-night a month, and go soft for the rest of the month..
On this night out, it will usually be a big event, so thats between $35-50 for entry, then theres approx 1.5 to 2 pills, $80-$100, water, I love cold water and thus will only refill in toilets about 2 times before i need a fresh one.. one night my girlfriend and i spent $30 just on water! Then theres taxi's, extra drugs (speed $50, pot $25), chupa chups, chewie $4...
So if you want a *reeealy* good night you might want about $200 to throw around.. It can get substantially more expensive or cheaper depending on the drugs you take.. But as a student, i try to spend no more than $120 on one night..
and i save most of the month to get that, or just spend it and go without next month..
------------------
Dont forget, in an emergency.. Stop, Drop, and Roll!
[email protected]

dang, i miss those days when half a pill was enough to see me through a night!
i used to go out every friday, to HK. the entry is well taken care of, so that leaves me with just the cost of chemicals.
so its really up to me how much i want to blow on a night out, how much i want to munch up.
the usual consumption these days will be 2pills.
imu2.gif

as above, the places i usually goto, the entry cost is taken care of, so is upto me how much i would spend. But this often leads to "ill buy 2 pills, cause i didnt have to pay for entry" so usually around $80 pluse at least one pack of cigs, some chewie and chuppa chupps, and a bottle of water or 2. Damn, thats about $100. Its more than i think, and cant really afford it, but i enjoy it so much that i make alowances, raving is a spiritual journey, and is to be savoured and enjoyed while it lasts.
------------------
Now youre playin with Fire.
Fire and Ice.

My partying usually begins on thursday nite, with just one pill, and $3 entry to the IceboX;
Fri: 2 pills, entry $10-20 (club depending);
Sat: 1 or 2 pills, bag of speed, no entry charges.
And it goes without saying copious amounts of pot get smoked daily, weekdays and weekend...soooo
$175-200 on pills
$25-35 on speed
$90 (1/4oz) on bud
______
$325/week
FUCK!!!!! I wish I didn't just work that out... $16,900 a year!!!!! FUCKKKKK......

hmmm...for me i only party hard like once every few weeks...usually its (for one GOOD night):
10-20 on pillz (10/each)...2 at most
50 on good bud (need that 8th for coming down!)
and water and stuff i usually go to parties so its free...like 70 is the most EVER...oh yeah cigs too but those i have anyway

Well its ministry of sound this weekend so it seems like a good time to work out what its gunna cost us.
Well seein as its the best event perth see's all year we decided we should go nuts.
3/4 hammers and a couple of bullets each should see us through.
Gee theres 350 for a ten pack between the two of us.
Now we need to make sure we are boppin all night so I guess a bottle of dexies is a must.
oh well whats another 40 bux.
Then you might want to come down some time so and ounce of mull prolly wont be enough.
Add another 250.
then theres the tickets, thank christ for cheepies.
Add food n drinks to keep us alive for 2 days.
Addin that together seems this will be one expensive fucker of a weekend
smile.gif

Entry is almost always free.
Drugs, I don't think I have paid more than $35 over a weekend for whatever I have consumed.
Somehow the drugs just end up being there & not much money gone.
I wouldn't get myself in debt over drugs, if I can't afford it, I don't dump.
What does get me in debt is my phone bill! paying for petrol! And then food during the week since we don't eat over the weekend.
Definately the most expensive part of my weekend is the phone calls to organise it
smile.gif

jaX*

Thanks for the replys everybody.It seems that most have things under control.But I must say Fry-mo most resembles myself a few years ago..$300 bucks a week .whoh !!!..
Pekkie - I was always in same position as you on Mondays ..flat farken broke. . I actually remember once spending my last $10 on bulbs rather than buying dinner...jeeez
Thanks BL's
BayCityRolla
[This message has been edited by BayCityRolla (edited 26 October 2000).]

i guess a weekend can vary, but when i go out i only go to one event. usually one pill, maybe an extra half so thats about $55 or so.
one drink, refill it, plus maybe some chupa chups/chewy. $5-10. film, $12 between a few of us, so about $4. entry, about $30-50 depending on where it is. train to sydney and back, about $10.
so usually about $100-$120 or so. yet strangely enough, i usually get out $30 or so more than i need just incase, and it all magically disappears!! can never work out how that happens.
hmm, yes.
take care,
Bigfoot Dragon

Fry-Mo
It may be $16,990 but its also one hell of a year !!!!!!!!!!
------------------
Kandeman
"Reality is an illusion created by a lack of drugs!"

im 16, and lately in the past month I have been spending around $150+ each Saturday Night. that is for bickies, nangs, and herb. but I have stopped my herb habit (a pretty sizeable and expensive one at that), so I guess my cost goes down even less. I don't like to buy speed, especially if I have pills, so there is another $50+ saved.
I earn anywhere from $300 a week to $450 a week.
[This message has been edited by rikidozan (edited 26 October 2000).]

Well not so long ago i wasn't doing the weekly thing...... how things change
wink.gif
Usually only go the one night each w/end though but go pretty hard, the average night would be lets see... Entry Fee at say just a reg club be $10, usually have 2 pills $80, Pack of smokes $10, Water and Miscellaneous (sp) $25. If you were picky and included petrol/parking be anohter $15. So all up be about $140.
Now go to last w/end. Fri night 1 pill, smokes etc etc spent about $70. Sat night Pill + Cap and half a point and the rest about $150 so that w/end ended up costing $220.....hmmmmm maybe pissing against a wall was more economical not so long ago, hehe
wink.gif
Oh well it's all good i tell you peeps!

Pretty much the same deal for me - club entry $10-20 (or large party $50!), 2 pills $70, bit of go - $20, water & gum - $10 gives grand total of $120 - $140.
Unfortunately this doesn't include recovery activities which add at least another $50 (1 1/2) in next day pills = $170 - $190.
I guess when it comes down to it, i figure as long as i am enjoying myself then i have no problems spending the money.
I mean what else would i spend my money on anyway? Mortgage? Car? Saving for o/s holiday? This is way too responsible and not in line with my ethos of having as much fun as possible all the time, rather than saving and restaining my spending for a rainy day. Although i really should get some new clothes and cds.........
[This message has been edited by delroy (edited 26 October 2000).]

All the guys are forgetting to times that by 2 * nice guy sends a spiteful glance at his girlfriend *
That dont call me sucker guy.. oops i mean nice guy for nothing
smile.gif

btw bliss i goto the same raves you do.. Get me in for free to ?

The economics is fairly important to me, so I plan and organise it to reduce costs
I have 1 big night every 4-6 weeks, and it usually costs me entry fee plus a bottle of water. I do this by investing a large amount of $ into about 20 pills, usually with people who are buying 100+, making them reasonably cheap. The money is always kept aside, in wait for when the good pills come in, so I don't miss out.
This means that my pills (2 usually) plus 1-2 for the gf don't cost. I justify this because I'm the only one of my friends with the $, organisation and information (and tester) to get us all good pills, and in return they know they're gettin the best product, and they don't have to worry about organising it themselves (before i started doing this, they used to get the dodgiest pills, speedbombs all the way, at a higher cost!
smile.gif
).
It's a good arrangement, and everyone seems to like it, so for the time being i'll keep doing it.
Plus which, if i had to pay full price i don't think i'd do it very often at all, maybe once or twice a year, if that, i just couldn't afford it, or justify the costs to myself. My 2 cents anyway, sorry if i went off topic.

Work It Baby Work it!
I am just lucky... have the right friends
smile.gif

I will try
smile.gif

jaX*

Well I like to stock up and be all comfy for da nite... & This also includes RECOVERY $$
$10 on chuppa chups/lollies/chewie/lip balm & other accessories!
$15 on Ciggies (I go thru about 2-3 decks a night. and thats with sharing some around 2)$15 on Cold Water & Red Cordial (I luv my red cordial so refreshing)
About 2.5 pills a nite, @ around $30 each = $75
$10 on Transport (sometimes I have to catch public or otherwise a friend will drive)
$20 on alcohol or choof for recoverinG.
So without the cost of entrance its $140 a night!!
But usually I dont even have much money!!
So I get free drugs, buy 1 bottle of water a nite, run out of ciggies!! And this leads to a messy time cuz Im not all sorted.
But now I am working again I will party comfortably so its all good =)