Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Naive Q. Serotonin & Whiz.

Sproing

Bluelighter
k... I have been a proponent of having the preload whiz before a gig... I love it but have come to see alot more people rushn harder that haven't had any whiz... now, I am a dancer by nature and love to dance... but every now and again I yearn for the full body tingles and everything but never seem to attain them... so it beggars the question is the whiz affecting my levels of serotonin?
cheers.
------------------
The Strange Guy with the Shithouse Half-Dyed Strange Hair

The speed is quite probably having some effect on your seratonin levels, but speed (and meth etc.) work primarily on another brain chemical, dopamine. It's not clear, however, that these neurotransmitters are released/metabolised separately.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
I don't want to sound paranoid, but just consider how much of what you're writing could help send you to Jail.

To add something here..
amphetamine has little effect on seratonin, whereas methamphetamine actually does have an effect.
My girlfriend & I have noticed that where a pill is cut with meth, the effects of the MDMA are enhanced, and last longer + of course the speedy effects. When mixed with just amphetamine, the speedy effects are there, but the duration of the roll is just the same as without the amphetamine.
If I can find the source I got this from I'll quote it.
TheGamer

I find I get something similar of an effect, due to a pyschological effect. Speed helps me continue on straight thought paths, and be sensible (up to a point) and generally not act like a pilling idiot. (very loose term that one orrite?)
So it sometimes holds me back in a way and stops me pilling as hard externally, as I would be otherwise. Maybe inside my mind too.
That's not the half of it, but its just too hard to explain. But if you get this too, you'll most likely understand.

I agree.
I think some of the dopamine release can cancel out the serotonin release. The pills definitely do not hit as hard if a lot of speed has been had previously.
Certainly clears the head though. As the night draws to a close and i have had that 2nd usually strong MDXX bickie, things can get very messy. Sobers u up i feel.
I'll never forget when i must have lost track of the amount of windmills i had. 2 instead of 1.5. I found myself really starting to lose the plot; extremely fucked up and it actually wasnt good.
3 D5s were thrown down in a panic; 20mins later, it was like someone had removed this veil of srewdity (ok i made that one up); i was on the planet again!
Similar to drinking alcohol. Try getting messy drunk while indulging in some amphetamines. The amount required would kill me normally.

I agree with your observations, wizz also seems to somewhat stop me being as messy as i normally would. But i find that wizz does that when mixed with almost any drug, it just seems to keep your head on straight. Doesn't mean I will completely stop doing it, maybe just use less beforehand and save it for the end perhaps? Or maybe more of everything! hehehe
------------------
Addicted to the Atmosphere........