• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Factors Increasing/Decreasing Recreational Effects of Amphetamines/Methamphetamines

PhorIndicator

Bluelighter
I have heard several different things can inhibit the metobolism of amphetamines. For instance, vitamin C. I can say from personal experience that vitamin C definitely reduces the effects of any amphetamines I take, in a much much less enjoyable.

I have also heard that drinking significant amounts of water decreases amphetamines' recreational effects as well because it raises the Ph Level in the stomach, thereby making it more acidic and less likely to mprocess the amphetamines. (This is the same principle as vitamin C, which raises Ph Levels in the stomach, making it much more acidic.

=D

Now, on to increasing their effects/potentiating them. I have read that magnesium supplements cause significant rentention of amphetamines the bloodstream. I can vouch for this, but not in a major way. It does add to the duration of the effects, but has a negliginle effect on the high IMO. Also, it makes it more mellow and takes off that "edge" which i love about speed.

Only other ways I know to increase their effects is talked about in another post. Preloading tyrosine and DLPA/LDPA (especially tyrosine) can increase the effects maybe 10% i'd say. Depends on how much you take ;) I've taken 6 grams of tyrosine before with a boatload of adderall. I was cruisin pretty good. Then of course there's levapoda, that alzheimer's medication, which i have no personal experience with in combination with amphetamines, but from what my logic tells me, would increase their effects exponentially.

Anyways, anybody else got any tips/recommendations/answers/comments/suggestions/additions?

I started this thread specifically for methamphetamine, amphetamine, and amphetamine related substances. It's a daily issue with me :)

I know about the pH things decreasing the effects, but does it necessarily make them less recreational/increase side effects? I assume this works after the drug has been absorbed into the blood already (from everything I've read, it'd seem to be this way).

But yes, tyrosine, etc, does make it more recreational.

what else? like would drfinking cokes or soft drinks dehydrate you and make it more acidic, thereby decreasing the euphoric effects?

Does anyone know if supplements such as tyrosine and DL-phenylalanine would also potentiate the effects of the psychedelic amphetamines (eg TMA-2 or possibly MDMA).?

My guess is no, because these amphetamines appear to work more on serotonin than dopamine and tyrosine and DLPA are dopamine precursors.

You can lengthen the plasma half life of amphetamine by taking sodium bicarbonate, as it increases the plasma pH, altering the dissociation constant (alters kidney clearance, plasma protein binding etc), but it's best not to do it often as it puts a lot of sodium ions into your bloodstream.

If you want to get rid of amphetamine from your system quicker, you can use ammonium chloride (not pleasant). It's sometimes used in OD cases (forced acid diuresis)

Re: Factors Increasing/Decreasing Recreational Effects of Amphetamines/Methamphetamines

PhorIndicator said:
I have also heard that drinking significant amounts of water decreases amphetamines' recreational effects as well because it raises the Ph Level in the stomach, thereby making it more acidic and less likely to mprocess the amphetamines. (This is the same principle as vitamin C, which raises Ph Levels in the stomach, making it much more acidic.

I'm not so sure about this.

For starters, decreasing pH is increasing acidity (pH = -log( [H+] ).

Then there's the problem with "processing". Your stomach doesn't process amphetamines at all. Most, if not all of the absorption happens in the intestines. Absorption of amphetamines does happen better in basic environments, yes, but is drinking water going to create a sufficient pH change to affect that? I'm really not so sure, but I don't think the effect would be major. I can't imagine it would be very good for homeostatic mechanisms if drinking water hindered absorption of certain species =\

It's not stomach pH that matters, its intestinal pH. Be very careful about assuming that something which changes stomach pH necessarily alters intestinal pH; I imagine most things don't.

Neo1 said:
Does anyone know if supplements such as tyrosine and DL-phenylalanine would also potentiate the effects of the psychedelic amphetamines (eg TMA-2 or possibly MDMA).?

My guess is no, because these amphetamines appear to work more on serotonin than dopamine and tyrosine and DLPA are dopamine precursors.

Just because MDMA is primarily a serotonin releaser/reuptake inhibitor doesn't mean that it doesn't have a significant dopaminergic effect. Actually this is a misnomer. ALL the amphetamines release more norepinephrine than they do other monoamines, a fact that most people seem to forget.

Rothman RB, Baumann MH, Dersch CM, Romero DV, Rice KC, Carroll FI, Partilla JS. "Amphetamine-type central nervous system stimulants release norepinephrine more potently than they release dopamine and serotonin." Synapse. 2001 Jan;39(1):32-41.
A large body of evidence supports the hypothesis that mesolimbic dopamine (DA) mediates, in animal models, the reinforcing effects of central nervous system stimulants such as cocaine and amphetamine. The role DA plays in mediating amphetamine-type subjective effects of stimulants in humans remains to be established. Both amphetamine and cocaine increase norepinephrine (NE) via stimulation of release and inhibition of reuptake, respectively. If increases in NE mediate amphetamine-type subjective effects of stimulants in humans, then one would predict that stimulant medications that produce amphetamine-type subjective effects in humans should share the ability to increase NE. To test this hypothesis, we determined, using in vitro methods, the neurochemical mechanism of action of amphetamine, 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), (+)-methamphetamine, ephedrine, phentermine, and aminorex. As expected, their rank order of potency for DA release was similar to their rank order of potency in published self-administration studies. Interestingly, the results demonstrated that the most potent effect of these stimulants is to release NE. Importantly, the oral dose of these stimulants, which produce amphetamine-type subjective effects in humans, correlated with the their potency in releasing NE, not DA, and did not decrease plasma prolactin, an effect mediated by DA release. These results suggest that NE may contribute to the amphetamine-type subjective effects of stimulants in humans.

Monoamine synthesis is relatively high soon after amphetamine administration (probably due to the neuron trying to compensate for intracellular loss), by a factor of about 3-5 from memory. It declines thereafter...

If monoamine synthesis increases during this period, it's hard to see why phenylalanine or tyrosine would not aid to the high in some way, presuming the requisite cofactors are available.

>>You can lengthen the plasma half life of amphetamine by taking sodium bicarbonate>>

this may be very obvious, but why not substitute calcium carbonate?

ebola

You can lengthen the plasma half life of amphetamine by taking sodium bicarbonate, as it increases the plasma pH, altering the dissociation constant (alters kidney clearance, plasma protein binding etc), but it's best not to do it often as it puts a lot of sodium ions into your bloodstream.

this may be very obvious, but why not substitute calcium carbonate?

Would calcium carbonate have the same effect as sodium bicarbonate AND be less dangerous (due to not having an excess of sodium ions in the bloodstream)?

Calcium carbonate

I sometimes take calcium carbonate to help with stomach acidity when doing cocaine.

On thedea.org, in the "PreLoading" Section
" • Calcium and potassium: No known benefit, and may make jaw clenching, etc. worse. (These small metal ions promote nerve firing.)"

I guess it's a tradeoff between excess sodium, vs. excess calcium/potassium. Would somebody know if the excess calcium or potassium could increase the chance of heart problems using amphetamines/cocaine?

If somebody would like to chime in on this subject, I would really like to have more authoritative information on this.

hmmm...well, the idea is to consume a basic compound so as to make the stomach and GI tract less acidic.
perhaps there is a more innocuous ion than sodium or calcium (doesn't have periodic table or chemistry knowledge handy).

ebola

Green Kamut alkalinizes which should help with increasing the half life.

I found the effect greatly increased, but, of course, I was using a lot of GBL so the alkalinizing effects had a stronger presence.

The best, most natural way to get the best highs out of your amphetamines is to get a good night's sleep before doing any to begin with and take regularly scheduled meals and showers while tweaking.

Make sensible rules for yourself and stick to them. When using strong stimulants such as meth, never do any after the first morning/night that you started. Otherwise, you will turn into a spun out, tweak monkey with paranoid schizophrenic symptoms if given enough product and enough time. Also, keep on hand sedating atypical antipsychotics or strongly sedating benzodiazepines for the come down.

As for increasing your amp high, smoking high quality marijuana, I have found, is highly synergizing with meth and other amphetamines. MDMA is another pleasant mixer.

I would naively binge on sports drinks before a big night thinking that heaps of electrolyte in my system would amplify the bang. It didn't and probably lessened it. Would probably now go the other way & not drink/consume much, probably at the risk of dehydrating and collapsing, with all that energy & bravado it sneaks up on you.

The biggest enhancer i'm personally thinking of at the moment is to partake after an abstinance of like 18 months (just happened, didn't mean to). One of the best effects i got was at 'that first time'. Never forget that instant *JOLT* of clarity, and thinking Freakin'J this is serious stuff. Looking forward to see what happens this time. Plus where I am each batch seems to have it's own characteristics. One was direct from heaven.

I like looking for enhancers, adds to the entertainment value & build-up. Would love to be a self-producer so that i could be meticulous about quality, but oh well.

Would anything that might increase effects big time also start getting into dangerous territory? This might also add to the excitement for some people.

In all honesty this thread doesn't belong here. It belongs in drug basics. I'm going to move it there

(DB Mods feel free to move it back if you think otherwise).

CaCO3 v. NaHCO3

1). Carbonates are generally insoluble or sparingly soluble in water.
2). Ionic compounds with sodium cation(s) are pretty much always water soluble.

The second statement takes precidence over the first. The sodium compound will dissolve far easier. Most caves are made of calcium carbonate... and you see how long it takes them to dissolve in running water. If you want to raise the pH or your stomach over 7, I would not really reccomend calcium carbonate... but it will definately help neutralize excess acid.

CaCO3 + 2HCl --> CaCl2 + H2O + CO2

as opposed to:

NaHCO3 + HCl --> NaCl + H2O + CO2

You can see calcium carbonate will use up twice as much acid per mole as sodium bicarbonate. Sodium carbonate (Na2CO3) would be about as effective as calcium carbonate, but would probably burn your guts a bit.

Though it is important to note that bicarbonates and carbonates are not the same thing.

Last edited:
CaCO3?

Dude, i know it can be used for stomach acidity but i dont feel so comfortable eating some marble.

Pure marble is made out of calcium carbonate..lol.
I'll stick to my baking soda...works great.
Besides calcium carbonate takes a long time to dissolve in gastric juices. After intake the calcium carbonate will fizz vigorously in your stomach for more than 5 minutes since its really slow to get consumed by the acid.
This would result in huge sonoric burps for a few minutes and maybe some itching in the stomach.

Sodium carbonate is more soluble and will finish its process in less then 10 seconds.

baking soda works great, why complicate it?

It's chalk as well man that's been used as a filler in most pills for like quite a long time , so you've probably ingested it quite a few times already :\

/navarone/ said:
CaCO3?
Pure marble is made out of calcium carbonate..lol.
I'll stick to my baking soda...works great.
Sodium carbonate is more soluble and will finish its process in less then 10 seconds.

baking soda works great, why complicate it?

Marble is what happens when limestone undergoes metamophic recrystalization. Nobody would eat marble for the purpose of acid neutralization. Thats like saying "Dude, nails are made of iron... I'm not eating any iron."

Most antacids (the common ones: tums, etc) are CaCO3. As you can see from the equation above, it will use up 2x the acid of sodium bicarbonate. Also, a lot of people don't get enough calcium as it is... and they probably get too much sodium anyway. If you eating too much salt, you don't want to go and take a few grams of NaHCO3.

some antacids have MgOH. Epsom salts too. would Mg type compounds be better than the calcium?