• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Alprazolam (Xanax) Purification for insufflation

Status
Not open for further replies.

marxspeakstruth

Bluelighter
Okay, my friend has a pretty constant supply of Xanax (she steals them from her mother). Since she has so much, she and I do them all the time. The method we have found most effective is insufflation. The problem is that with all the binders in the Xanaxs (she gets 0.5s) there are some pretty bad side effects (nose-bleeds, coughing, discomfort during insufflation, etc.) I was wondering if there was any way to liberate the pure Alprazolam from the binders, so that we could have a pure form free of binders to use. I know that its alcohol soluble, but I'm not sure if the binders are, too. So I was thinking that I could probably use a very simple process where I crush the pills, mix them with ethanol, stir vigorously, strain, and then evaporate the alcohol. The binders in Xanax are:
Cellulose, corn starch, docusate sodium, lactose, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide and sodium benzoate, FD&C yellow no. 6.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Don't snort them. Those pills probably wiegh 50mg. Thats like 1% drug, 99% filler. That *can't* be the most effectie way to take them. Just swallow the pills, or stop stealing her mother's medication.

Even if you did extract it, you'd likely just hurt yourself, pass out all the time, or OD. An normal dose is like 0.25mg-1mg or so. Your pills are 0.5mg. mg-- thats milligrams, man... half a milligram. 500 micrograms are getting you messed up. Thats an amount so small you can barely see it.

How would you wiegh a dose? How would you handle the material?

You can't basically. If you could you wouldn't have to ask this. Be safe, and just leave it alone.

This in no way belongs here.

Alprazolam is not water soluble. When snorted it will not be absorbed by the mucous membrane. It will drip down into your stomach, and then be digested just as if you had swallowed the pill in the first place. Don't snort benzos.

WHY DO PEOPLE ALWAYS THINK THINGS HAVE TO BE WATER SOLUBLE TO BE SNORTED! People have been snorting benzos for ages, and getting good effects of it. Likewise heroin or morphine... things have to be lipophilic anyway inorder to pass through the cellular membranes.

Now perhaps if you have a massively blocked nose, but you're fucked anyway if that is the case.

Like BilZ0r said, it's not really about water solubility. If a .5 mg pill really weighs 50 mg, that's 1% alprazolam (like someone mentioned)...I'd guess it's even less. Also as mentioned, the bioavailability of benzo is sufficiently high that I personally don't think anything is to be gained by snorting benzos.

One of my friends (is a dumbass) snorted 4, 2mg bars all put into one line... and he was really fucked up... he was passin out n shit.. so apparently you do get effects from snorting.

Dope_User said:
If a .5 mg pill really weighs 50 mg, that's 1% alprazolam (like someone mentioned)...I'd guess it's even less.

That would make it .1 percent, actually...
But thats not the point, I'm really just looking for an extraction method based on the binders and evap. rates.

Actually it is 1%. Also don't try to extract it. As has been stated before have you ever seen .5 mg of material? It's barely anthing, not to mention if you did get pure alprazolam how the hell are you going measure out an accurate dose without a scale the can measure down to at least 1mg.

If the side effects from snorting are really that bad then just get a bottle of saline nose spray and rinse yourself out after every line. That should help a good deal.

okay, let me try this again...
does anyone know an extraction method for xanax? I am not worried about final yeild, I just want to know

BilZ0r said:
WHY DO PEOPLE ALWAYS THINK THINGS HAVE TO BE WATER SOLUBLE TO BE SNORTED! People have been snorting benzos for ages, and getting good effects of it.

I've always been under the impression that things needed to be water soluble to be snorted also. I've snorted xanax a couple times and concluded that it's just clogging up my nose. Sure, it eventually got down to my stomach, but there's no fun in that.

I'd appreciate it if you could explain or post a link backing up your statement. Thanks.

I tend to agree with Spazz. Scientific reasoning and logical aside, I'll just write about real experiences. I used to use tons of Ativan and snorting it (which I tried probably 10 times or so) never produced quicker onset or more pronounced effects.

All your cells are surrounded by what we call a phospolipid bylayer.

it is kinds like this
---------
~~~~~
----------

The dashes are the hydrophobic (lipid attracting) parts of the molecules, and they have Hydrophilic (water attracting) parts on the inside of the layer. those are the tildaes.

Because of that something that is not water solueable can get pulled through, from the outside lipid part to the inside lipid part. Also, there are protiens embedded in that layer that transport certain molecules across cells.

Some of this may be backwards but the general principal is there, reading a basic biology book would really help ya.

AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!! CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THE EXTRACTION METHOD I OUTLINED ABOVE WOULD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hessel said:
All your cells are surrounded by what we call a phospolipid bylayer.

it is kinds like this
---------
~~~~~
----------

The dashes are the hydrophobic (lipid attracting) parts of the molecules, and they have Hydrophilic (water attracting) parts on the inside of the layer. those are the tildaes.

i'm almost positive that it's the other way around, with hydrophilic heads to the outside and hydrophobic on the inside, at least I hope so or i'll be fucked on my bio exam thursday lol.

i don't think this belongs in "advanced drug discussion" though

--pq--
Is the phospholipid bilayer. They look like two taffies, connected at the taffy part. But the whole thing is composed of this. Anyway, the tail ends are lipids - fats. Hydrophobic. The taffy 'head' end is the hydrophillic phospho portion of it.

Original poster: try your method and tell us if it works.

marxspeakstruth said:
AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!! CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THE EXTRACTION METHOD I OUTLINED ABOVE WOULD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to calm down. Take a valium or something.

er..as much as i know its not real good for me, i do useually tend to crush my xanax ( 1mg footballs) and snort them up. effects usually come on almost instantly and are much stronger then when just swallowed. iv also never had a problem with nose bleeds or clogging...

okay, everyone who posted here telling me not to do it was pretty much right. There wasn't any problem with the binders, the Alprazolam was extracted perfectly, and then recrystalised very well. Dosing was the problem. My friend took out an extremely small amout and got WAY too fucked up. We recut the rest with baking powder so that it could be dosed better, and it works fine, but the whole process was pretty much pointless. Sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.