• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

More Specific Questions on Speedballs

CreativeRandom

Ex-Bluelighter
I used the search engine and most speedball discussion is "No a speedball can be snorted" or "my sudafed + vicodan is a speedball" and that wasteful type of discussion.

Speedball = heroin + cocaine IV'd from the same rig.

You can argue what you find in the dictionary or what your dad told you, but the dictionary and your dad dont' always have the best definitions on slang and drug lingo.

Now, for my questions

What ratios of heroin to cocaine do you use? How do the effects differ if the ratio is changed?

And, what ratio of cocaine, and of heroin, do you use for a speedball, relative to how much you normally use to IV just that drug (ex. "for my speedball I use 1/2 the heroin I use for my standard H shot and 1/3 the cocaine I normally use for a coke shot")

I had the impression that a speedball was not necessarily cocaine and heroin in the same syringe. But, if you want to define it like that for the purposes of this post, be my guest. Anyway, the only speedball I have experienced was not the simultaneous administration of c and h. I snorted the coke, then threw on a heroin blanket to ease coke's comedown. As for dosages, I took my normal amount of each drugs. This topic has been covered...and seems pointless IMO....

Last edited:
WOW first time - speedball

Well, I offically tonight i tried one.

speedballing can be a myriad of mixtures, Glass (crystal methamphetamine) and pharmacuetical morphine is my fave speedball..the glass insuffalated, and the morphine taken orally.... then theres the IV'ing, ive never iv'd but im sure u can iv coke/meth, and H or morphine for a more intense speedball... for harm reduction purposes, any form of speedballing is very dangerous, BE CAREFUL!

I suppose morphine can be counted, because heroin turns into morphine in the brain. And coke could be substituted with meth, since their similiar.

Basically, I don't want people describing how their speedball involves ritalin or oxys. And I'm not talking about mixing heroin and coke, or doing coke then some heroin to cover it up. I mean coke (or speeds) and heroin (or strong opiate) IV'd from the same rig.

dude once i had a speedball with 5 coffee's (strong) and 200mg of codiene, omg i've never buzzed so hard.

I usually use half of my normal H dose and the full cocaine dose. In the first phase the cocaine is so predominant that i would call injecting c and h within a timeframe of 30 minutes too a speedball.

Christian Soldier said:
dude once i had a speedball with 5 coffee's (strong) and 200mg of codiene, omg i've never buzzed so hard.

A speedball is heroin and cocaine, not fucking coffee and codeine. A speedball is not a generic term for any stimulant + any depressant.

Christian Soldier said:

dude, that 's so lame.

^ some peoples sarcasm detectors don't seem to be working too well :p

I would watch out for the dose your taking. I OD'ed last weekend speedballing all day with coke and heroing, then finally put klonopin in the mix, which i suppose put me into a fatal situation. Just be VERY careful when combining uppers/downers as one can diminsh in effect fatser than the other, leading to problems...

"Speedballs" and the meaning of life...

I have always felt that it was stupid to argue about a slang term where life didn't hang in the balance...someone calling coffee and codeine a speedball would not risk life and limb for doing so...so let them have their fun as you offer a rueful nod and chuckle...

Now for my 2 shekels...A speedball has traditionally meant: Cocaine and heroin injected from one syringe, at the same time. I have of course heard other definitions over the years. My favorite is the one I heard in prison many years ago. People would buy potato chips [crisps] and bags of peanut M&Ms. They would crush the candies by repeatedly slamming the bags on the concrete floor. When the candies had the consistency of talc they would add the pulverised chips and thoroughly mix the two...voila...Speedball, prison style.

Now for the serious question: You take 1 dose of heroin for every dose of cocaine...very simple. What's a dose you say? Well that depends on the individual consumer. I cannot tell you what's good for you. You prepare the doses in the following manner: Prepare the heroin first. If you cook your heroin wait about 30 seconds before adding the coke. Add the coke. Drop your filter in and draw up...Ping the air and boot...

I have to tell you that the combination is a dangerous one and really shouldn't be taken ...

If, like in my fantasy, I acquired a sealed ampoule of say, Demoral, or Morphine..Would it be better to inject first, then rail some coke, or vice versa? I probably wouldn't inject coke..

Why wouldn't you inject coke?

And rachamim, nice reply, but what ratio is what I meant. I know dosage is different for everyone. Unless your not experienced in this field...

trip407, that sounds great. 1/2 H dose and 1 coke dose for 1 speedball. Thanks, thats what I was looking for.

To others, does that sound right before I try a speedball? Or do you use different ratios?

every tried having two buddies pin coke into one arm (full dose) and H into the other arm (full dose)

now that, my friends, is a motherfucking neardeathexperience speedball :D

I wouldn't inject cocaine until I was well versed with IVing drugs (practicing with ampoules of strong opiates first of course:) )

Creative...

The ratio is 1:1. Very simply, one dose per one dose. Again, the dose is subjective, depending on tolerance, metabolisim, purity of both substances,etc. As far as experience, too much I'd venture.

I lied. Now that I think of it, I'd probably definitely inject cocaine. And probably will some day. Yay me :/

Re: Creative...

rachamim18 said:
The ratio is 1:1. Very simply, one dose per one dose. Again, the dose is subjective, depending on tolerance, metabolisim, purity of both substances,etc. As far as experience, too much I'd venture.

what he's asking is if he is supposed to take a FULL dose of each, or if that's getting too dangerous. Say for example he normally injects 500 mg of coke and 100mg of the heroin he gets, is he supposed to load the 500 mg of coke and 100 mg of H in the syringe, or should it be like 250mg of coke and 50 of H, or whatever ratio.

I'm not sure if you just keep misunderstanding what he's asking, or if you're response is that he should take his entire normal dose of each drug in the same rig.

That said I have no clue as to the answer :)

Hmmm...

Do you mean?: If he normally injects 100 mgs. of heroin by itself without a problem, and 50 mgs. of cocaine without a problem, is it alright for him to inject those same doses - together, at the same time? Yes, it sure is...Speedballs by themselves are a crap shoot and it's never actually safe to do them, but still people persist...I was one that persisted for over 20 years. If you insist on doing it, it is not going to have a synergistic effect and kill you [if that WAS the question].