• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Absinthe thujorne additives (need help)

ch4d

Bluelighter
I am going to make some absinthe soon, and was looking for the feedback of old absinthe makers if any of them have used various strains of salvias before (splendens, and others) as a admixture to the brew.

I'm not referring to S.Divinorum, that may get out of hand....

But the reports of my research with strains like Splendens (red flowers), and farnaciea (blue sage), and others have psychoactive substances in them similar to THC, and I think they are as well thujorne, splendens also has Salvorin in it, which is more weaker than Salvorin A. Anyone ever thought of mixing wormwood, and salvia in alchohol?

And of course, I am going to do this in germany, not the US so dont worry feds.

absinth is completely off-bad no no!! Dont do it!! You wont have happy memories.

It is my opinion that Thujone is NOT the psychoactive component in wormwood.

As you have noticed, Thujone is present in Sage as well. Well then. I take a lot of sage, do an alcoho extraction, and get a very sticky brown substance. I smoke this, nothing happens.

I do the same with wormwood. I get a black resin. I smoke this. I get a nice buzz.

Besides, sage has a lot of medicinal uses, and never have I seen anyone describe it as "euphoric".

This tells that wormwood contains something other than Thujone that causes its psychoactivity.