Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

forum changes

entropope

Bluelighter
the times they are a changin'
yeah I'm a cheesy bastard
With the new social forum I'm thinking that this forum can now be all about specific pill info requests and reports. This is my view alone atm (haven't spoken to other mods on this) and I'm happy to hear any other views.
The boundaries and guidelines are at this stage a little unclear, however they will materialise over time.
So you'll notice quite a few closed threads in here. They've all been moved over to social. I know some folk won't be happy about this. Unfortunately we can only please some, and this is the way it is right now, so all I can is offer my sympathies - this is now the way it is.
I have personally elected not to move all threads that are more suited to the social forum than here. This is purely due to time restrictions. (I been bed-ridden all week and have about 4000 words to write this w/e)
I'm thinking I'll just move threads in here that stay active, and a couple that are obviously active.
Other mods feel free to do whatever of course.
Oh and 2 new mods are required for the social forum. See this thread

well at the mo they don't seem to be turning up in the other forum, but I'm sure this will be sorted shortly.

entropope - can we possibly keep the Bluelight Stall in this forum - I need it in a forum with less traffic - things are moving along I need it to be noticed.
smile.gif

------------------
Careful with that axe Eugene....

if it has to do with drugs it stays. what could be clearer than that?
the new forum was created to allow more breathing space for the meetups forum... NOT to change this forum.
can we talk about this before more things get moved?
a lot of discussion about the changes next door happened before the changes were made. just stop changing things here for a sec ok?
as far as i am concerened this will NOT become just pillreports... it is now about discussion of topics surrounding drugs in australia.
please stop moving topics until these change have been discussed. if not i'll just move em back.
[This message has been edited by johnboy (edited 06 October 2000).]

yeah some things should definetly stay, I agree. I wasn't thinking of moving the BL stall one.
I've found there to be heaps of traffic in here also, that's why I also campaigned for a 3rd forum... and I thought that was part of it's reason for creation.
ooops.
My first post up there kinda cut the fillet a little thing, and I realised that when I started looking at which threads should move.
But I still think that this forum should be a lot more on topic. So if we can stay calm and make up some guidelines then I think this can happen and all will be for the better.
Really the meetups forum started getting all the fluff threads, and then as they were not welcome there, many came here. It kinda has been getting in the way of info imo. So yeah, we really need some guidelines, I just assumed that this house could now be just for threads which provide information on drugs

ooh pope! i know i haent been around for too long, but. pick me! pick me! i wanna be moderator pretty pretty pretty please (with extra cherry)!!!!!!!!!!
and i'm a really nice (if somewaht permanently scattered) guy
biggrin.gif

later
Sean
"one you pop, you can't stop."

Are these problems arising soley because I moved a thread that you started jb? I wasn't saying you'd done wrong by moving it, simply that now that there is a new forum, it was better suited in there. It shouldn't be a big deal.
Anyway as we now need a discussion to decide what this forum should be about, I'll put up my views.
I thought what I was doing in moving threads was putting things how the policy stated they were supposed to be.
Same as as is currently occuring in meetups, things have strayed from that recently, and that straying is the reason for the 3rd forum.
So I thought I was putting shit back how it was meant to be.
Is this so, are we going to change the old policy?
I'm thinking that the 3rd forum was created largely due to the fluffy, only vaguely drug related topics in here. And to get this forum back on topic. Keeping information accessable and clear, and easily accessable, and easy to find.
*sigh* I thought this was so clear cut
discuss we must.
Everybody please give us your thoughts. What should the drug discussion forum be about?

What's the problem here? The DRUG discussion forum should be about DRUGS in Australia. Doesn't matter what drugs. Just ALL drugs. As many as possible. In large quantities. Sent to me. Ooops. Wrong forum
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by miss apple (edited 06 October 2000).]

I dont think anything should be changed in this forum. I just wanted to devide up the meetups because it was speeding along like a train.
Anything at all drug related should stay in this forum, anything else, social forum. Thats how I see it anywayz.
again, jst ma .2c

there has never been any reason to change this forum. all changes have been made to try and slow down the traffic in the meetups forum. this is the only reason, not anything to do with on topic/off topic.
i'm sure if you read the thread "more changes" this is pretty clear.
this is the way things are now done here at Bluelight, democratically.
the changes that happened were discussed in great depth and a decision was made by the moderators of the meetups forum, and i made the changes as admin.
if this decision was in anyway about making changes to the drug discussion forum then it would have been discussed.
back when this forum was starting i was notorious for running it in a dictatorial manner. this was un-popular with many, but i make no apologies for it, it worked. for a long time now all decisions have been discussed openly and decisions shared by the moderators, of which for the moment i'm still one.
i thought this was obvious and didn't need spelling out but perhaps it wasn't and needs to be.
Bluelight is now serving a great many people and care must be taken to consult those people. not with every piffling matter, of course. many people are wondering about the Bluelight 2.0 and what that will mean. in truth this will largely be a cosmetic makeover, changing a few layouts and colours/fonts etc. if there were going to be any major changes of topics or policies you can be guarenteed you'd all be consulted.
this is why i am taking entropope's misunderstanding seriously. i do know it was just that, a misunderstanding, and it's nothing personal. but i just wanted to clear up a few things about it and re-assure everyone that topics willnot be changed, and threads consequently moved, without consultation and consensus.

GEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!! I leave Bluelight for a couple of weeks and THIS is what happens????
Psh. MEN!

LOL exactly... that's why we need more grrls around here
oh BTW i'm now no longer a mod here or in meetups. i'm admin now so i dont need to be mod for a specific forum, and one less boy from melbourne as a mod can only be a good thing.
wink.gif

so the day to day running of the forums is now firmly in the hands of the mods. i only ask that if they wish to change anything they ask firstly the users,secondly the other mods, and finally me.
cheers
jb

it is working, dont change it
------------------
"for all you rave poppers we cast a shadow on your face
learn the history and then take your fucking drum and your bass"
- People Under The Stairs "Asshole"

So you mean it is YOU johnboy who gets the "final" say? They ask you finally?
I think you didn't explain yourself properly. I think you mean, if a mod wants to change anything they put a notice in the forum they want to change it in and address it to "EVERYBODY" and one the same in the 'Announcements and Comments' Forum.
Don't you agree?

no i dont get final say at all, quite the opposite.
all i meant was if there was any changes to be made (re-naming forums, creating new ones etc) i'd be the one who would have the power to make the changes, as admin.
so i guess i meant not ask as in "may we please?" more like "oi! we've decided, so get off your ass and do it"
wink.gif

as admin i'm here to serve you.
but as a user of this forum rest assured i would put my .02c in, as would everybody.
[This message has been edited by johnboy (edited 07 October 2000).]

oh right so that's how it is.
See if *yoo* read the fucking threads in which this was discussed, *yoo* may see that I was rather active in campaigning for the 3rd forum, on the ground that BOTH forums are OT. Topics had been arising more and more that only were suited to one of the current to forums due to a lack of a third.
I resurfaced the issue and then a 3rd forum was created. Kinda seemed crystal that it was to change both forums yeah? Sorry but if that's not what you intended in you all power position bro, you should have said.
And you got no cause to go so fucking psycho aye?
P.S. I'm allowed to be narky cos I'm sick and have a bad headache.

but yeah cool
leave this forum as is. Its better that way. My misunderstanding (read misinformation or misunderstanding, whichever you please) of moving threads was done as I thought I was doing my job.

well yeah i dont really see this forum as having much of a problem. its easier to sift out the stuff thats not drug related and put it in the social forum.. these are the kinda threads started by people who didnt inform themselves of what forums were for and started something non-drug-related in here.
its easy, guys, lets just not get heated over this. anything on a drug topic stays here, anything non-drug related goes to social or if its for a meetup, goes to that forum.
easy! cheers, m.s.
------------------
Note: This message is for informational and entertainment purposes only.

About the only thread that really needed to be moved from here was the "Bluelight bed time story" IMHO. Sure there are a few others that aren't serious drug related topics, but they are related to drugs specifically, so they belong here.
To avoid even more confusion, I think the threads which have been moved can stay where they are, but any new threads specifically related to drugs should be made here in the drug discussion forum.
entropope knows whats going on now, hopefully everyone else is sorted too, but if not, just ask, or even better, look around and see the many posts about these changes...