Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Anyone sick AFTER they have taken MDMA?

Voodoo Chile

Bluelighter
OK, heres the question. I did a search but couldn't find anything that was the same.
A friend of mine recently had her first pill. Three hours after she last dropped (she only had a half in quarters) she was throwing up for about 4 hours. We took her straight to a doctor, and the doctor (after telling him everything) put it down to food poisoning from the Thai she had the night before.
Now, this Tuesday we went to Gatecrasher, and she decided to try it again. We lined up a purple 'S' for her that I had saved (tests black - good MDMA pill). She had one, but only in quarters again. She was on top of the world to say the least, but about an hour before we left she stared to feel sick again. This was probably 2-3 hours after taking the last quarter. She stayed in the toilets for a while, throwing up a bit but dry-reaching mostly I think. We forced her to go outside, and once she was out, she started feeling better.
She has always had a very weak stomach, and I am just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone before and what they do to combat it (if anything). She loves partying and e, but doesnt want to keep doing it if it ends like this (naturally)!!
Just for the record, I have had these pills, and they are great. I did get a bit queasy, but that was just as the pill was coming on.
Anyway, thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this for me.
Luv voodoo

Friend of mine used to get sick shortly after leaving a club after the it had finished. She eventually managed to get around it buy only having one pill, split in quarters, over 2 or 3 hours and just some speed to keep her up there towards the end. She still manages to have a good time!
[This message has been edited by m i r k (edited 30 September 2000).]

I just posted something about this very topic last night in the Pill Testing section on the Main part of the board...
What I said there was: MDMA commonly makes some people feel sick to their stomachs.
A little known (or perhaps forgotten?) side-effect of straight MDMA is the nausea it induces in certain people, especially people with 'weak stomachs'. See www.erowid.org and www.lycaeum.org for much more on this topic...
For your friend, I'd recommend a quarter, wait at least 2 hours, then another quarter. Make sure she has eaten something an hour or two before she drops, to slow the rate of absorbtion somewhat. If all is fine halfway through the night and she feels fine, try another quarter...but if she's flying already, leave it there. MANY people do NOT need a whole pill to have a great time with E (especially, as you note Voodoo, with a pill as good as the one you are proferring).
If that fails, find a 'speedy' pill (she may enjoy that more anyway?) and give her a quarter start, as before. If she throws up even on THAT, you may be looking at an alergic reaction to the binders/fillers in the pills themselves?....ask her about other allergies...if she's unaware of them, ask her to see a doctor to run some tests. These are not serious of course or anything to worry about, but they can help to identify substances (besides things in pills) that may have been affecting her without her even knowing it ("this rash?...oh, I've always had that!..")....
hope that helps..
------------------
The latest Event info, Pill Tests and Club Listings, online: http://www.the-peak.com.au

Voodoo Chile - I know you accidently posted this in this forum
wink.gif

I'll move it for you to Drug discussion
smile.gif

okay, i dont know if this will be any help..
i am one of those ppl with a weak stomach. nearly everything makes me feel sick half the time. e and speed can both upset my tumtum.
judging by the timing it *may* be one of two things or a combination.. that long after dropping, some ppl may look over the ol' coming-up nausea.. but, here's my apricot rolex experience:
get rolex, split into 3 capsules along w/ a bit of crushed up tums. take cap #1. dont feel much, just content. 3/4 hr later, take cap #2. feel slight e feeling, very subtle, very very content. 3/4 to an hour later, take cap #3. woo baby! big blow up, rolling off my ass, very sick to stomach, very nearly yak up pill. lasts nearly an hour this way. it could be that, like me, she is really sensitive to e & a lil bit will make her roll like mad and feel sick.
second thought: how long before rolling did she eat? sometimes, i have dinner early, and then forget to eat later. this is especially so if i am speeding, cuz i'll go half of sunday w/ no food. come the afternoon i feel VERY nauseous. i try to eat. i feel sicker. eventually i yak *hardcore* and for quite a while and the nausea persists for some time after before i am good to eat. this is all avoided w/ a later dinner the night of the party, and breakfast, even if i am *so* not hungry and have trouble getting it down.
anyways, i dont know if any of this is helpful, it might be a combination of like effects. i'm not sure about the 4 hours of sickness though, esp as a coming up effect, maybe the no eating thing?
i get sick quite a lot cuz my tumkin is very sensitive. i eat a lot of tums! they are *fantastic* before you roll. i'd suggest maybe after a good dinner, take like 3 or 4 at least, and then another couple right when dropping.
hope your friend works it out anyways
smile.gif

smilez
smile.gif

hi voodoo, a while back i posted about a similar thing .. i have a tendency to gag a bit while i am peaking, but only on those yummy strong pills, at worst i have vomited but not for as long as your friend.
suggestions above are really the best to try, i have to make sure i have something in my stomach, because it seems my body just wants to rid itself of those 'nasty' chemicals! i've also invested in some quickease!

Thanks everyone for your help.
haste, sorry about the wrong forum.....where the hell did I post it??? I honestly meant to put it in Drug Discussion.
Can I use my scattered state from G/C on Tuesday as an excuse???
smile.gif

I may tell her to give the quickease a go next time. We both ate together about 3 hours before she popped. I just find it weird that it happens so long after she has taken it.
Anyway, next time I might get her a weaker pill. It was probably too strong for her considering she had only done it twice before - I just knew it was a good pill so I thought I was doing the right thing!
If anyone has any ideas, or has experienced the same thing let me know!
Thanks guys,
Luv Voodoo
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Voodoo Chile (edited 29 September 2000).]

You guys rock! Such good advice, right up front and out with it. This is why I love bluelight.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

Experience this nausea all the time, happens more so wif good strong mdma pills.
To combat this problem myself n many frens take antacid tablets.Something like "quickeze" (avail in melb).
Never fails, sorts out the problem real quick too.

Hi
This used to happen to me all the time when I first started on the eggs. Would feel mega nauseous and dry retch. My friends used to peak out and move away from me but nothing ever came up and now they are used to my 'oh my god I'm going to spew' face.
Anyway what I found worked was a big meal or a glass of milk or mylanta before you go out and the CHEWY quickeze when you start to feel sick. Just take like a weak minty and do the trick!!!

oh yeah also.. tell her not to dance too hard if she has a sensitive tum, that can carry nausea along, esp on come up and also, getting her outside was good, fresh air and keeping the body temperature *down*. i have no idea why. fresh air is always really good and if someone is rolling off their nut, its best fot the neurons to stay cool. coldness makes me feel better when i feel sick i always go outside n sit down, usually somewhere quiet *just incase* it actually happens.
smilez
smile.gif