Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

cold & flu tablets plus eccies?

Dustoff

Bluelighter
just curious to know if its ok to take a few codral or other such cold & flu tablets if your not feeling well before a rave, or whether im likely to be visited by a tall lanky guy in a long flowing black robe and an airy voice telling me to sell my soul for a second chance etc.
any feedback would be useful, because i have a mild sore throat etc and have purchased my gatecrasher ticket and am really pumped to go.
------------------
ahhhh...natural light, get it off me...get it off me!

I have only ever taken Panadol and head ache tablets with E and that never gave me a problem. I think cold and flu tablets might be a little different. Personally when I go out and have a pill when I am sick, as soon as the E kicks in I feel great, not sick anymore! Some times it even kills my whole cold and the next day it's totally gone (I think I sweat it out when I am dancing). Maybe just have the E on it's own, it's a lot safer.

well, what abt antiboitics now?
im out of hospital tomorrow but on antibiotics till next week...and gatecrasher is this weekend..to roll or not to roll...??

guys these questions have been answered a million times in the Medical Q and A forum... do a search ok?
it's all basically common sense... if you are sick you shouldn't be taking recreational drugs, you'll just get sicker...
MDMA combined with (most) prescription drugs isn't harmful.but combining it with being sick just puts a double load on your immune system so avoid it where you can...
common sense right?
next time with Medical questions do a search in the Medical forum...
ta
jb

hmmm.. i've been reading the dxm FAQ at erowid, and there are certain types of cough/cold medicine that contain DXM. a E + DXM combo can kill you.
there was also stuff about antihistamines in there, didnt read it real closely though. but that was in relation to DXM and not E.
so yeah, there are some remedies you would NOT want to mix with E.
its at www.erowid.org if you wanna read it.
------------------
if the journey's fun, it's well worth taking.

DXM in cold and flu tablets is not enough dosage to kill you from what i remember reading, the thing in cold and flu tablets is also psudoephidrine which i dont think is harmful to have with e, dont quote me on these tho.

i had an ex-housemate who was a health freak but rolls as well.
he told me not to take codral n such stuff together wif e.
personally, i think if u realli wanna party while being sick, avoid the medication fer a day n get sum speed instead of pills. dat way, u wun be taking "unknown" chemicals. n speed has worked very well fer me n my frens while we were abit under the weather. it seems to speed up blood circulation n boosts yer body system to recover by itself.
dats not formal medical advise tho'... jus my 2 cents.
*waves little paws*
>'.'<
------------------
~littleHKlaserTriPPeR~

OK here's how I see it. MDMA is an amphmetamine = stimulant, right? Pseudoephedrine is also a stimulant, right? Now, put these together and you're breaking the rule of "don't mix stimulant with anotha stimulant" = bad. However, we all mix MDMA + speed all the time, so....... I guess that doesn't really help you.....
If you're determined to drop I'd skip the codral and load up on vitamins (again i'm the wrong person): multis and antioxidants and maybe echanacea (sp?) to help wif your cold would by my choice.. Hope that helps
smile.gif

codine (of which about 500mg is in a dose of panadine) is a MAO and enough of it could cause something grim to happen, otherwise common sence...
smile.gif

there is not 500mg of codine in panadine, its 500mg of paracetemol and i think its either 4 or 8mg of codine. in panadine forte which is perscription only its like 12mg of codine, ud be fucked if u had 500mg
smile.gif

I've taken cold and flu tablets and was fine. I think that antibiotics and E might be a bad idea. To begin with I am pretty sure That the antibiotics lose their effectiveness and the won't work so you'll have to start them again. Friends on anti biotics have rolled and have been more f***** up than the rest of us...

ha ha yes cowboy mac you are right of course, reading that this morning i don't know where that dosage idea came from, anyways i stand corrected!
smile.gif