Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Post Ecstacy Cold Syndrome - pecs?

Sproing

Bluelighter
what is the deal... I know there has been a bit of research into the FX of ecstacy on the brain etc... but why the fuck, after every single fuckn event, do I get a cold? Our entire household tends to go down with the same cold after the events... and then it circles the house getting stronger each time we catch it again. Can someone offer a good reason behind this...
Sometimes it is obvious why you develop a cold... scenario:
"I am soooo rushn man... I good dance the bollocks off a donkey..."
*bounce bounce bounce*
"shit I'm outside... it's must be cold... but man I am RUSHN MAN!"
*takes off shirt*
"wow... all these people in jackets... must be fuckn cold... but man I am RUSHN MAN!!!!"
now there is asking for a cold... but what about when you are snuggled up in a nice big puffa jacket hugging anything that might be moving... and even things that aren't... and you still get a frickn cold...?
------------------
The Strange Guy with the Night-like Violet Strange Hair

because
1: the clubs are full of hot stale germ infested air
2: drugs bring down your imune system
3: your more likely to drink other's drinks and use the taps in the toilet more often
stick to outdoor events.
much more healthy with all that fresh air.
------------------
rollin' and strollin', its kinda like bowlin'. my head's kinda big and it feels kinda swollin'!!

this is my theory on it.
ok think about what happens when you take MDMA. you are introducing a very powerful chemical into your body,one that wants to change the way the body is operating.
anytime something enters the body and tries to change it, wether it be a recreational drug or a virus, the body naturally fights back, trying to keep equilibrium. it does this with it's immune system.
now when you take a drug your immune system goes into overtime, tryig to cope with the changes. it gets tired after all this effort and is weakened... weakened so much that the old cold germ, which are everywhere, all the time, gets a foothold in a body that would normally be able to fight it off.
also remember that most of the cold symptoms that we feel the day after are really the body trying to fight. the mucus, temperature,headaches etc.

sproing i get this too...
i agree with jboy..ithink that when ure on E ure over extending your system...most likely dehydrating yourself and exhausting your system even though you dont feel it... that stresses out your immune system making u more susceptible to bugs and the like.

Hey if you're out in the cold with your shirt off that's a good thing. Anything that keeps your body temp down would be good.
Don't believe it when people say you catch a cold from being cold and wet!
"Despite popular belief, colds do not arise because you become chilled or wet. The viruses that cause colds pass from person to person, usually through hand contact with nasal secretions or because viruses come into contact with respiratory membranes."
-www.intellihealth.com, Harvard Medical School

It's really funny I tend to catch a cold after rolling in summer more often than winter...
in those winter nights i can walk out of a club in a tank top all night and still not catch a cold....
weird!

yeah u will find the same complaint from sooooo many ppl who lead this lifestyle.
u could possibly try adding echinacea to your pre/postload. as well at vit C + an antioxidant combo like bio-ace or similar.
but u've probly tried all this already. also smoking is fuct for ure immune system, and heaps of ppl smoke a lot more than usual when they use chemicals. its kinda hard to stop.
neways good health to all.
tony
------------------
if the journey's fun, it's well worth taking.

Well its also got to do with that fact your sleeping patterns go out of whack as well. Not good for your body to be starved of sleep for over 48 hours. It gets used to its patterns and your immune system is effected by this too as your body does most of its repairing during its sleep.
Pretty obvious really but if your getting a cold after *every* single event you may want to take a rest for a bit, your body could be telling you it needs a rest?

thanks for the suggestions guys... and yeah I do postload with echinecia... and I am usually okay... I think it's just a downer of the year again... everyone is sick ffs
------------------

Personally i think the biggest reason for me and most other ppl would be sharing water bottle/drinks etc. This tends to happen more in clubs, hotter, club more in winter etc. Now guys tell me how often during the night your cutting sick on the floor, your out of water and you ask your mate/gf/bf/anyone for that matter to have 'a sip' of their water? I do it all the bloody time when i know i shouldn't because it is just asking for trouble.
So why do I and many others do it? Well you know the scenario 'Man this DJ's insane..... shit iam hot though, can i have a sip of water mate'. It's just very hard to even go and fill the bottle back up or buy another one quite often
wink.gif
Point in case this friday just gone 4 or 5 ppl next to me at some stage during the night, make eye contact. There going off, they are sweaty, they are thirsty....'How are ya man, mind if i have some water'....... sure who am i to say no when iam peakin my head off too
smile.gif
On top of this i probably asked the same amount of ppl for there drink also and shared some champagne too. Anyway you get the picture. Fortunately i seem to have built up quite an immune system lately because of this. I could of sworn i was going to get crook after this weekend after also consuming a just a bit
wink.gif
But all is well 48 hrs later, however used to get crook nearly every time. Looks like my body is getting hardened by the torment now, hehe
smile.gif

I've hardly ever fallen sick after going out, and I don't do anything do boost my body's defences (though I really should).
All I can think of that could be saving me from getting sick is: I always have my own water, I do share with others, but I always have my own if I want any; I don't push myself too hard, so if I start to feel a little low on energy (usually later in the night
wink.gif
) I'll take a break and sit down for a while.
I'm pretty lucky considering the punishment my body sometimes takes regardless of how careful I am, and I always seem to be around someone sick too... hopefully my luck continues
smile.gif

------------------
If you're skating on thin ice, then you might as well dance...

this happened to me all the time as well... i took about 5 weeks away from going out to shake my cold (which got better and then worsened each time i went out) after 2 months.
so far now that i'm going out again i haven't picked up anything... yet. i'm sure it will happen again. maybe as suggested, take a break.
*hugs all*
Bigfoot Dragon

I used to always get that funny cold type thing after a big night out but no longer. I have discovered a preventative measure that seems to work perfectly for me, though i offer no guarantees as it's based purely on my own experiences & i'd like to warn that the idea may even scare some individuals.
As soon as i get home from wherever i've been, i eat! I personally eat my own homemade muesli with a banana & soy milk which is what i have for breakfast everyday. I know food can be very unappealling but i find it easy to scoff down my muesli, probably because my body expects it everyday. Once i've had 'breakfast' (whatever time of day it is) my appetite seems to switch back to normal straight away & i really think that starting to eat again as soon as i can makes me less likely to get sick.
------------------
to the crazy person, the normal one is insane

The same thing happened to me last year. I had the flu something like 5 times, each time had to take almost a week off work, plus brochitis, chest infections etc. Spoke to my doctor about what I do and she basically said my immune system was fucked. Haven't been sick for about 5 months(fingers crossed)but I've found that the best way to stop getting sick is the following:
-try to have echinacia almost on a daily basis
-get your sleeping patterns right(try for at least 8 hours per night
-eat proper meals(remember lots of fruit and vegies)
-don't share water with anyone(not even friends) at parties
-buy a small bottle of Betadine from the chemist(comes in a small maroon bottle) and take some before you go out. I've found it to be very effective, stops sore throats and tonsilitis
-most important of all, maybe try a small break and all of the above to get that immune system of your's up and running.
Hopefully this will work for you like it has for me. The thing you have to remember is this, there's always going to be parties. Does it really matter if you miss some. What is more important, your health or your social life?
Hope I've been of some help and hope you get well soon.

thanks funky... though I dunno bout betadine... aren't you supposed to put that on sores and cuts to sterilize them. I am slowly getting better, it's taken this bout of sickness to get me back into a normal sleeping pattern... sleeping at night is sooooo bizarre.
As for you soma... nice surreal comment insertion.
cheers again people...
------------------

Yeah but Funky it's alright for you to drink MY WATER isn't it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
On a more serious note I barely ever get sick after big weekends, although I get a bit of a cough but I think that's from smoking (yeah I know it's disgusting). I guess I'm pretty lucky cause I don't really do anything special to look after myself ie I don't take many vitamins. I pretty much run myself down to the ground on the weekends, but never get sick from it and I always have my own water but I share from others. I think now that I should start to look after myself more though cause I really don't want to be one of those people that gets sick on and off all year. Thanks for the info peeps it's really helped

On a side note (sorta) I used to get sick all the time back in primary school and high school, I'd develop flu symtoms quite bad every couple of months... eventually found out it was related to sinus congestion, so I got some medication and have been fine ever since...
So when I was being good, going to school, exercising regularly at school, and generally looking after myself, I'd get sick quite often, but now when I'm going out a lot, not exercising, and taking drugs, I hardly ever get sick...
Well I think its time to start looking after myself before things start to change for the worse!
wink.gif

*goes out to buy some multi-vitamins or something*
------------------
If you're skating on thin ice, then you might as well dance...

Sproing- that's what I thought as well but Betadine comes in that little bottle and it's a mouth gargle. Just don't swallow any,it tastes revolting. Ask for it at the chemist and they'll know what you're talking about.
PS: glad I was of some help!

What about PRECOP - Pre E Cold Paranoia?
Had two big nights out this weekend, no E though, straight friday night and
drinks as well as a touch of charlie saturday. olympic obligations as well,
but got VERY little sleep over the last 2-3 days. I suppose through sharing
water bottles and sleep deprivation I was basically asking for it, but my
pitiful worry is that I did develop a bit of a cold with common symptoms
like slight headache and lethargy, numb joints etc- no big deal really.
However, gatecrasher is coming up very fast, and I am worried that my
"condition" (i know it sounds heaps hypocondric)will affect the effects of
the mdma i plan to take tomorrow night.
has anyone had experiences with doing e while having a cold, or combining it
with over-the-counter cold medicine such as panodil and/or psudafed?
immediately i would assume that mdma should override most other drugs, but
while doing some research i read that some people experience little effect
of mdma upon a headache.
hope to see you all at manning building!