• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Please comment on my response to abctalk here...

liquidocean

Bluelighter
It got to the third page, and seeing as i sometimes speak for Bluelight, i'd like some feedback and interaction. I mean to explain ourselves as the cilivized, intelligent beings most of us are (there will always be idiots
frown.gif
). I also mean to shed some light on our motivations and our mentality, so that we may be better understood.
Please comment directly to my statements here, or add to the thread here.
here goes:
Sascha, i am an experienced and well-read person wha has taken the attitude of being a responsible psychonaut from the beginning of my first psychedelic experiences. I have researched everything i have taken before i took it, and i firmly stand behind a policy of moderation, risk management, harm reduction, and consciousness expansion.
I have communicated with others from different generations through Bluelight to modify my paradigm and to offer positive ideas. It is my belief that in the abscence of any reasonable drug-education program, we must form one ourselves.
We take as facts articles and research that is published, we temper that with other's experience, our own experience, our perceptions of those around us, and whatever the rumours du jour exist. It is a grass-roots effort to maximize our experiences while minimizing the harm. In addition we try to stand back from ourselves culturally, and figure out where we're headed. As life's instruction book has little to say about ecstatic & psychedelic experiences in 21st century Western culture.
It is not a resource to procure drugs, but instead a resource to make sure we take them in the most beneficial way.
The mass media would like to believe, along with it's irrational fears of the internet, that we are abusing this new communications technology to circumvent the law and undermine civil society; this is far from the case. It is quite a civilized exchange of knowledge, the kind which the powers that be would like to quash (think Meth Anti-Prolif) if its citizens would be complacent about First Amendment rights being stripped.
So we stand, aliens in our own country, trying to make ends meet and trying to stay safe and sane when there are no definite answers. We have to make our own conclusions and make our own decisions. For many people the Bluelight experience has been an educational one, the skills and discernment gained in deciding how one is going to maturely integrate chemicals into one's curriculum are very similar to the skills used in adult life.
Of course people may type in bluelight.ru into their browser and have different agendas, usually along the lines of finding rave buddies and party listings, but the heart that keeps this community/messageboard flowing is that we are developing humans who respect their brains and bodies and that we have rejected the establishment view and have take the responsibility upon ourselves to make sure that we identify and avoid the pitfalls and risks that our behavior might entail.
Search for it, and you will find it here. A cultural litmus test of Bluelight as a representation of the rave scene would find us to be well informed conscious consumers, far from the standard media image of zoned zombies drooling in a drugged-up daze.
And furthermore, the MDMA state needs to be experienced to understand the levels of our interaction. There is much to learn from it, and the distance the media keeps from it hinders its full understanding. Fortunately, there is little to fear. It is quite pleasant, far more than any alcohol buzz could ever be. And without the self-image issues and ego turbulence of the classic psychedelics.
It is a deep, personal, positive, life-changing experience, and i hope that everyone that ever wants to try it could have access to safe, clean chemicals and safe, supportive environments to do it in. The collective social change would impact our lost civilization and drive it to more stable shores.
It is with that hope that i wish a positive report on your piece. With the wheels of the mainstream economy and government behind the people, the potential is unlimited.
In the Bluelight perfect world, the government would sponsor unbiased research into the neurological, psychological, and physiological effects of ecstasy, it dangers would be rationally illustrated, and we as the people would be given the information to decide whether the benefit outweighs the risk.
The chemical would be available in pure form through the same pharmaceutical companies that profit from the suppresion of ecstasy, and we would all be more healthy and sane.
Everyone would know the basics of moderation and tolerance, the purity of pills, dehydration, as well as the complexities of neurochemisty, neurotransmitters, homeopathy, proper diet, friendship, spiritual purification, and the relationship to the self. So far we are leaps and bounds from the initial appearance of ecstasy on the mainstream scene, circa late 80's.
And the powers that be would understand that we are a pluralistic society that lives by the principle that we are free to pursue our own unique form of happiness, and would rely on a laissez-faire/golden-rule form of governance, one to make sure that the happiness of the most people is realized. The American Dream might have to be modified, but we realized long ago that we weren't created to serve as automatons in a global machine. Our founding fathers respected the human spirit and incorporated the individual's search for enlightenment into the Constitution to guarantee that we would be free to acheive whatever destiny we strove for.
There is much potential for the american cultural lanscape to improve vastly from the spiritually numbed apocalyptic wasteland it currently is. There is much potential for humanity to arise once again in our society, and for citizenship to arise again.
We are connecting again, the fabric of our country is mending itself, and having a good time at it as well. We need moral support, we need understanding, we need patience, and we need an end to the violent, powerful elements that seek to take advantage of this precarious situation, from drug-lords to drug-czars.
Ecstasy is the story of a people wanting to feel again, wanting to smile again, wanting to love again in a grey world, reprimanded by their parents generation, locked away in prisons for their innocuous actions, and kept ashamed in the closets for their beliefs.
It is time to end the dichotomy and to make some sense out of the new realizations we have acquired.
Please do your part to further the agendas of truth and human development. Anything less is true insanity.
thank you for your time, please feel free to contact me
L/O
------------
Do you feel that they cast too much light on drugs - make knowledge about who's using them too available to cops, or knowledge about how to use them too available to un-properly-supervised little kids?
information is destined to be free, especially in the networked age, and the information distributed here is the same information found in Usenet groups, on the street, in subcultures, and in literature. We've come a long way from 'the Anarchist Cookbook', and it shows.
Knowledge is out there, good and bad. It's value is neutral, it completely depends on how we use it. If someone mentions a new buzz, people arent' gonna run out to their hardware store/supermarket/pet store to try it. We are skeptical, and demand someone else to be the guinea pig. If no one feels the risk is worth it, then that's all we'll hear from it.
If a child is browsing this site and picks up on something, it is still the responsibility of the parents to guide them to be responsible humans. No website-filtering b.s. is going to supplant this. Bluelight does not make you do anything, and pills and powders don't pop out of your hard drive with a few clicks of the mouse. It is also the responsibility of the society around the child to make sure that potentially hazardous don't make it into their hands.
As for cops having access to potentially incriminating information, it's not much of a worry as we are mostly small-time consumers on the end of the distribution chain here. We are used to scrutiny in our parties and clubs, and have adopted a low-profile system of trust and harm-minimization to make sure our subcultures can operate smoothly. Those that are profitting are the ones that should worry. Luckily, and by policy, we do not promote commercial interaction. If the cops were to search our houses based on our prescence on BL, i'm sure they would be disappointed by the amount of illegal substances found. If they want to follow the chain up, they should start with their crack alleys and drug corners, and follow the cycle of violence that is so evident in their inner cities. If they really want to waste their time prosecuting suburban teenagers and urban hipsters for minimal possesion, let them clog up the courts while the murderers and rapists run free. If their agendas are so perverted, than we stand no chance of exercising our own judgement anyways.
And if that happens, we might as well throw our civilization down the toilet, we have no chance of surviving as a species if we can't stop waging war on ourselves for trivial consensual acts.
peace

LO - you have just written what i would like to see be the official press release from Bluelight.
you've said it all and more... the only thing i could see to add to it would be a paragraph stressing that Bluelight is a truly international happening... but you knew i was going to say that...
wink.gif

wow!
its fantastic. A couple of typos here and there (first paragraph "person who has" for example)
otherwise, a beautiful piece which I have printed up and will be showing to people. Thankyou from bluelight.
smile.gif

horse.

thanks, guys
that was 3am last night! Gonna definitely revise it, get rid of typos & grammer (i found about 12), and internationalize it (as it should
smile.gif
)
i'm sure a lot of people feel the same way as i do, i was trying to crystalize the best of BL
thanks for the encouragement
if there's anything i missed out, i'll add it in as well.
and one thing i learned from the american press is don't make any statements that can be quoted out of context because they just might be.

Well done liquidocean - very well written!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

Gotta agree that was good writing and very good expression! And when you add to the piece about the global element of Bluelight and the global consciousness of ppl who are sickened by the lengths gov's go to to curb a positive experience, who share the basic idea that we are here to enjoy this very short life we have but enjoy it safely, to share with our brothers and sisters not just the joys but the whole symphony that makes life.
Two thumbs up to LO for the piece and for peace.
EnJoy. Stay safe and unite.
------------------
LSD doesn't fry your brain...It expands the mind!!

absolutely brilliant!
smile.gif

got to read it last night in discussion,and didnt know how to respond!
L/O,THUMBS UP! that was just mind blowing dude.So good to know we have such wicked intellegent people to reprisent our,well not that little anymore,Bluelight community!
smile.gif

maybe you,can be our PR person?
smile.gif

once again my faith in humanity is restored.
three thumbz up
smile.gif

------------------
if the journey's fun, it's well worth taking.

and for a brief moment once again the board intelligence outshouts babble
cheers liquid

Well done LO, beautifully said and quite inspiring.
Play safe everyone
wink.gif

WOW! that is one of the most articulate and heart-felt pieces of writing i've ever read.
what are you like after good night's sleep?!!!

As others.......this little primate was truely moved!
To be able to capture the essence of who we are and what we do so well defies belief! Our elders and the powers that be think these chemicals have reduced us to driveling idiots that flock to tiny little pills like sheep.The above statement shatters this belief!
Our revolution is slow coming and painful at times, but in the end we will triumph in what we truely believe in and what we want to accomplish.
Others forget that we are the next generation, spanning the world, and in time will be able to share the life experiences that we have lived to the fullist with those that come after us with an enlightened approach.
Such comments as the one expressed by LiquidOcean are insipational to us all and makes us all feel like it is a better world we live in than what we are led to believe!
Well done!
smile.gif