Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Question reguarding MDMA . MDE and methamphetamins

peaker22

Bluelighter
im a regular user but never considerd the effects of constant weekend usage, if i had MDE one week end followed by methamphetamins another weekend will this then reduce the high of MDMA the following weekend

thanks

Taking MDA should not lead to a tolerance to MDMA according to this thread.

But I'm not sure about MDEA use and MDMA use, maybe p_d can help with that one. I've never been lucky enough to have a choice between the two myself, did you reagent test different pills(with what?) or just guessing from different effects?.

I have not found my methamphetamine use to cause tolerance to MDMA but do find they interfere with each other when the two substances are used together. Meth strongly masking the effects. Plus if your going out every weekend on a different substance you'll gradually wear down and be tired and moody all week waiting for the weekend pick me up, I know I would be ;)

Everyone needs weekends off in between :)

Last edited:
MDA and MDMA are not cross tollerant. I remember reading somewhere that MDE is cross tollerant with MDMA, i shall try and find the link for you. As for the Methamphetamine in synergy with the others im not quite sure.

While the effects of these two substances are sufficiently similar to make differentiation difficult, there are some significant subjective differences. MDE is somewhat less potent than MDMA, a typical dose being in the range 100-160mg (as opposed to 80-140mg with MDMA).

At large doses, MDE may somewhat resemble MDA (methylenedioxy amphetamine). Although MDE's psychedelic effects are less; it has a "stoning" effect for some people, and at higher doses can make walking or dancing difficult. Large doses of MDMA can have a similar effect, although it seems that somewhat more can be used without incurring the almost drunken intoxication.

In smaller amounts, MDE greatly resembles MDMA, although the physical and tactile effects are generally perceived as being less prevalent. The emotional opening and empathic effects for which MDMA is famous, although present with MDE do not seem to be as pronounced. Because of this more subtle effect, MDE has the possible advantage as a recreational substance over MDMA when used in public (such as at raves). With MDE, the user is less likely to embarass him/herself in public through inappropriate touching and emotional bonding while still being able to enjoy some level of heart opening and connection with others.

Additionally, MDE has a shorter duration than MDMA. While MDMA generally lasts 3-4 hours of full effects, MDE's full effects last more like 2-4 hours.

Taken from Erowid

The effects of MDE are similar in many ways to those of MDMA, but there are believable differences. The particular magic, and affective transference, does not appear to be there. There is a stoning intoxication, as there is with MDA, and there is a seemingly unrewarding aspect to the upping of the dosages, again similar to MDA, and the properties of unusually easy communication and positive self-viewing of MDMA seem to be absent. Maybe the "S" isomer would have these properties, and they are lost in the racemate due to something coming from a more potent "intoxicating" "R" isomer. The optical isomers have never been evaluated separately in man.

There are only two ways in which two drugs can interact to produce a result that is not obvious from the summing of their individual actions. One is the process of synergism, where two active materials are allowed to interact within a single individual and at one time, and the consequence of this interaction is different than that which would have been expected. The other is the process of potentiation, where only one drug is active, but the presence of the second (and inactive) drug enhances the observed action of the first. MDE seems to fall in the first category.

Taken from Pihkal online texts, #106 MDE

Hope the texts answer atleast one of your questions.

Last edited:
That FAQ needs to be edited. MDA and MDMA ARE cross tolerant. They share a common pathway -- serotonin release. MDA appears to have its own independent action, but that doesn't vitate the fact that there's some cross tolerance

VelocideX said:
That FAQ needs to be edited. MDA and MDMA ARE cross tolerant. They share a common pathway -- serotonin release. MDA appears to have its own independent action, but that doesn't vitate the fact that there's some cross tolerance

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up, learn something new everyday ;)

^^ you'll be surprised how strong everything feels when you get back....