• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Natural Ways to raise Endorphin Levels/Production

Eating chilli - simple and pleasureable (it's one of the reasons hot Mexican/Indian etc food leaves a person feeling quite satisfied & content). Not sure how it's help w/d, but it does work

Eating chilli - simple and pleasureable (it's one of the reasons hot Mexican/Indian etc food leaves a person feeling quite satisfied & content). Not sure how it's help w/d, but it does work

Snorted capsaicin or strong chili powder will give pretty intense endorphin rush, comparable to runners high. Should work for migraine too. There's some capsaicin nasal sprays, at least in the US market, that are marketed for migraine.

Might burn pretty hard initially, but could be of some help during opiate WD's.

I've been sprayed with pepper spray and at no point is it enjoyable (sprayed myself, not rape related)...

2nded on the Capsaiscan, snorting a lil bit with water is the fasted way to relieve pain from a headache/migraine.

If your hardcore you will DO IT! :D

Seriously, it's awsome...after the burn that is

nothing natural about snorting capsaiscan...

Other than DEBILITATING PAIN of course!!!

(sorry, I was kind of zoned out from sleep deprivation and read lots of the threads and when i realised the title and substance of this thread towards the most recent posts I couldnt resist the pun.... now i think ill try to get some sleep)

From the article enzymex provided a link to
But what about the burn -- can you hurt yourself with hot peppers? Definitely not, according to the United States Dispensatory

What!? If you inhale capsacin soln that has been atomized into a spray you could have an asthma attack (mts f&b gets breathing difficulties & has to use her inhaler when I've put items that have been used with chilli oleoresin into the washing up and hot water is run onto them).

A bit OT, but if you have problems sleeping, forget sedative antihistamines etc, just make a toasted cheese sandwich with lots of fairly hot chilli & with the endorphin release after you've eaten it, it's much easier to drift off to sleep (and no zombie hangover like you get with Nytol & other sed. antihistamines) - well after about 5 minutes when the initial burn has subsided! =D

From the article enzymex provided a link to

What!? If you inhale capsacin soln that has been atomized into a spray you could have an asthma attack (mts f&b gets breathing difficulties & has to use her inhaler when I've put items that have been used with chilli oleoresin into the washing up and hot water is run onto them).

A bit OT, but if you have problems sleeping, forget sedative antihistamines etc, just make a toasted cheese sandwich with lots of fairly hot chilli & with the endorphin release after you've eaten it, it's much easier to drift off to sleep (and no zombie hangover like you get with Nytol & other sed. antihistamines) - well after about 5 minutes when the initial burn has subsided! =D

This interests me. Are you taking the hottest peppers you can find?

NO! Naga chillies are on a par with nuclear waste/Kryptonite 8o =D

Just using bog standard chillies, but putting a generous amount on top of the cheese before folding over/squashing together. If you're a chilli devotee, you might want to use Bird's Eye or habaneros chillies for an extra boost, but don't mess with naga chillies - it'll end in tears!

Seeing as how this ancient thread has gone way off-topic anyhow, I thought Id just throw in a bit of random chili trivia which I find fascinating.

It has recently been discovered that tarantula venom activates the same pathway of pain as is activated by capsaicin, the first demonstrated case of such a shared pathway in both plant and animal anti-mammal defense.

Pretty cool stuff, huh?

NO! Naga chillies are on a par with nuclear waste/Kryptonite 8o =D

Just using bog standard chillies, but putting a generous amount on top of the cheese before folding over/squashing together. If you're a chilli devotee, you might want to use Bird's Eye or habaneros chillies for an extra boost, but don't mess with naga chillies - it'll end in tears!

get mexicana cheese, it is presynthesised chilli cheese and splendid.
screw all that messing about with chillies, washing hands super well before going to the toilet as well as after...

more chili trivia, different chillis contain different capsaicin like compounds with different effects capsaicin itself is responsable for the burning general hotness in the back of the mouth and nose, like CS gas, and others are give quite different hotness, hotness on the front of the tongue or general flavour intensity.
and capsaicin like compounds hook in nicely with cannabinoids, a lot of endocannabinoids also interact with trpv-1 as does capsaicin.

Last edited:
get mexicana cheese, it is presynthesised chilli cheese and splendid.

Is this what they call pepper-jack in Britain? Is that what chemists use instead of the verb, "to combine"? ;)

wouldnt reccommend it. Electrical impulses stimulate neuronal growth in certain parts of the brain esp. the frontal lobe. Since your receptors are already pretty messed up by the opiates the neuronal growth wont be directed properly

Eating chilli works on your caspacin receptors, same as those that precieve stimuli in the form of heat.
Could be on to something there but it would rather be diverting your brains attention to something other than the withdrawal symptoms by stimulating a different sensory receptor system than dampening them.

I got a truly horrid idea just now. What if you were to inject capsaicin? Better yet acetylate that -OH so it can cross the blood brain barrier before causing horrible pain at all the pain receptors. I bet it would get those endorphins going though.

Or another idea: wrap some aluminum foil around your head and get a blowtorch. Now don't let the flame get too close or the foil will burn. Just keep flame far enough to keep those endorphins flowing in your head.

I'd stick to Substance D, and also exorphins, in this case. ;)