• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Booster drug in luggage - Sunday Mail (QLD)

Flexistentialist

Bluelight Crew
Booster drug in luggage
Sunday Mail (Qld)
November 14, 2004

by Kay Dibben

A liquid drug known to boost the effects of other drugs, including LSD, has been seized in unaccompanied luggage at Brisbane international airport.

Australian Customs Service and federal police officers yesterday searched three northern NSW homes and arrested a man, 51.

The man, from Upper Wilsons Creek, who appeared in Lismore Court charged with importing a prohibited drug, faces court tomorrow.

His arrest followed the seizure of about 800ml of liquid containing the drug harmine in a suitcase that arrived at Brisbane airport on October 29. It had been sent from Austria.

And this is illegal in QLD or just the extract?

Just out of interest, is that even much doses at all of the stuff, to produce central effects without or with illegal drugs.

This is close to home....

Yeah not quite sure what you mean Splatt. Are you trying to ask whether or not the Harmine on its own would give any effects?

It's very easy to look these things up for yourself... all it takes is a search engine and 2 seconds of thinking up your keywords.

Harmine is a MAOI. Do not take with MDMA or any other serotonergic drugs. If you're taking harmine or anything like it, be very aware of the term "Low-Tyramine Diet" (*).

TiHKAL - #13 - Harmaline
TiHKAL - #14 - Harmine

From the Psychedelic Drugs forum
Orig. posted by MGS:
There is actually a ton of research on harmaline. Besides J. Otts extensive work, in which he has written two or three books that mention his halamine/harmine experiments, harmaline was used in psychotherapy in the early '60s. This was best documented in the book "The Healing Journey" by C. Naranjo (sp? edited: fixed spelling. - iso). It has four chapters, one on MMDA (not MDMA), one on MDA, one on harmaline and one on ibogaine. Each chapter has case studies with patients who took these medicines in psychotherapy. Great book.

Harmine and harmaline have probably more research than LSD does. Go to a library guys and start looking in old journals. "The Healing Journey is out of print, but it can be checked out at many libraries.

BigTrancer :)

Fact or fiction?

I can't quite understand this article. I saw it when it was published, but decided it was sloppy journalism and the usual Courier/Sunday Mail drug paranoia.

Harmine apparently is an effective, although modest, promoter of oral activity of DMT

This was the only information I could find regarding using harmine to boost the activity of other drugs, with nothing about LSD. Anyone get better information or is this just more journalistic fantasy from the QLD press?

Harmine is (one of) the active MAOIs in B. caapi and Syrian Rue.

Friends of mine who've mixed LSD with Syrian Rue haven't noticed much enhancement. Psilocybin definately is enhanced with harmine and I've heard reports of mescaline containing cactus also being enhanced with an MAOI like harmine, although I've never personally tried it.

It's most commonly used in ayahuasca brews to orally activate DMT.

Many thanks :)

Still an unusual story for our shitty paper, and an unusual turn of events in our area.