Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

film: Elektra movie trailer released

Let's hope these spinoffs get better and better. Imagine if they made a Electra and Wolverine movie. =D

I have to admit, the trailer looks pretty good
it would have been nice if they cast an asian to play Elektra though
or at least dyed her hair black

Sooooo..... did this one suck as bad as all the reviews have been saying????

Sebastians_ghost said:
Sooooo..... did this one suck as bad as all the reviews have been saying????

Damn all of you for not going before me and letting me know how bad this was!

In all seriousness, I went into the theater with extremely low expectations of Elektra - and I am glad I did, as I think it's the only reason that I was even somewhat entertained by the film. The plot was weak, and Jennifer Garner was far from her best. There were some interesting special effects, but nothing truly spectacular. Fight scenes that were mediocre at best suffered further from what seemed like a ridiculous number of cuts from one angle to another. There were a number of new villains introduced, but they all seemed to lack any depth or character development - Kirigi being the only character to keep the film from truly bombing, IMO.

I tend to think "Elektra" may appeal to young Tom-boyish girls, and young males who will undoubtably drool over the many different skimpy outfits that Jennifer Garner manages to change into throughout the film, but not true connoisseurs of the comic book/action film genre.

Unfortunately Elektra now joins Daredevil, The Punisher and Blade Trinity as one of the potentially great comic book films that has missed the mark.

Why Marvel comics, why?

The Mexican said:
I have to admit, the trailer looks pretty good
it would have been nice if they cast an asian to play Elektra though
or at least dyed her hair black

Umm...Elektra is greek.

Or at least she has been the whole time she's been a comic book character, and I don't remember it being mentioned that she was Asian in the Daredevil movie...

Boooooooooooooooo!

Venom : The Movie <gasp> Now there is something that i'd pay to see.... Venom was the alltime badass of the spiderman comics, carnage was just too powerful and unbeleiveable. I also really liked how venom still had human qualities and feelings underneath his 'outfit'. (I won't spoil it for those who don't know what he is made of)

^ Venom was my alltime favorite comic book character when I was a kid, i got soo many Venom comic books.

But back to Elektra, I dont mean to be sexist or anything. But what is with chick superhero movies sucking sooo bad. I went to see this movie with my g/f, and both of us thought it was super lame. Its probably the most boring superhero movie there ever was. Doesnt even deserve a one star if you ask me.