Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Judge Rules that 98 Ecstasy Pills Does Not Constitute "Drug Dealing"

johnboy

Bluelight Crew
i couldn't resist also posting this one...
Judge Rules that 98 Ecstasy Pills Does Not Constitute "Drug Dealing"
(IsraelWire-4/16) A Ramle Magistrate's Court justice rejected police contentions that a man apprehended with 98 ecstasy pills in his possession is a "drug dealer".
The court accepted the line of defense presented, in which the court was told the defendant would regularly purchase up to 100 pills at a time, for personal consumption.
The state has decided to file an appeal in the Tel-Aviv District Court.
http://www.israelwire.com/
------------------
"i think i'll stick to drugs to get me thru the long, dark night of late-capitalism..."
Irvine Welsh

Its only now that I wish that I bought 100 pills of one sort or another, didn't seem like the thing to do at the time but man what I wouldn't do for 100 Green CU's !!!
------------------
Kandeman
"Reality is an illusion created by a lack of drugs!"

LOL Nice one.
"Personal use officer, I'm a 2 tenpack a day man myself..."

i may be making assumptions here, but wouldn't Israel have one of the more "harsh" criminal justice systems?
can anyone comment on drug or law reform in Israel?
I'm curious because this seems an unusual decision, unless there are pretty interesting circumstances surrounding it.....

In order to prosecute someone for dealing drugs in israel, the police must have concrete evidence that such crime took place (i.e. a person who bought the drug, a money exchange transit, phone tapping etc). A person can be caught with a kilo of marijuana, and confess to self usage. without evidence to support dealing, the police cannot file a prosecution to the criminal justice department against such person. I would assume the same applies for pills - as long as the police can't come up with substantial and crucial evidence to back their suspicion, going to court will be a waste of time and money on the citizen's part, and make the police a laughing stock.
Usually if one is apprehended with illegal possession of drugs, the police can interrogate that person, and delay him for 3 hours. if during the interrogation, they bring up a suspicion of drug dealing, they can lock up that person for 24 hours. during that time they must come with conclusive evidence to support their suspicion. if they find such evidence, they file a prolongation of arrest to the court, which, if finds necessary, can prolong a suspects arrest by 7 more days. By then they must have a case against the suspect, which the district attorney (or whomever it may concern) must present to the court.
Meaning, if you were caught, delayed for 3 hours, and released (with no further investigation by the police) thereafter, you should be fine. if you were arrested for 24 hours, contact your lawyer.
and play it safe
smile.gif