Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Cooking with cannabis

Samson

Bluelighter
I have come accross cannabis leaves and was wondering of the best method of either extracting the THC, or cooking the leaves, any information especially peoples experiences would be appreciated.
Peace
------------------
5 days a week my body is a temple. The other 2 it's an amusement park.

use a fat/oil baased solvent if you want to extract all of the thc(ie. margarine). or you could just eat em.
remember thc is fat soluble(another reason it stays in your body for so long)

I know all of this, but was after some input as to the best method of doing this.

Here's a method buddies and I use:
Tools required:
1 pot
1 strainer, plastic/metallic type with mesh, big enough to cover the pot (not the dope silly!)
1 250g block of butter, cut into 50g blocks
Water to fill the pot
Method:
Put water in pot and turn on heat. Get your leaf, kiff whatever you want to call it (add in a few buds for extra strength dope-butter!) and stick all in the pot. Wait until water begins to boil a little. Put strainer over the boiling mixture and press down (hopefully you've got enough green to have the need to press down and feel resistance). Next add in the butter INSIDE the strainer (you can put all of it or at least 50%) and keep the mixture simmering for 2 hours (at least, probably better around 3). The THC will dissolve into the water and be soaked up by teh butter. Take pot away from heat and allow to cool completely. Now all you have to to is remove the butter from inside the strainer.
Hopefully you had a fair bit of green that the soggy stuff will stick to the OUTSIDE of the strainer, be carefeul when 'scraping' this from the outside. This should happen if you had that 'resistance' thing when you pushed the strainer against the green mixture that was in the pot. This also creates a sort of seal when you throw in the butter -> it won't escape from the 'pool' of liquid INSIDE the stainer.
Now you can use the butter for those lovely chocolate cakes and muffins!
ENJOY!
BTW, there is another method but you need a stocking. Place the green INSIDE the stocking and then tie a knot in it. Put this inside the boiling water and add the butter. A bit more messy in a sense and more likely to have the butter get inside teh stocking.
Happy cooking!

Samson, I can tell you how we do it, but there is probably a better way of doing it.
We usually melt it into butter and mix it into sweets and cakes, or have it on toast etc. Work out how much butter you want, and how many cones worth you want in it (we go by the rule 1 cone per serve).
Melt the butter slowly in a saucepan with a lot of water. Add the leaf. Heat (not boil) over night.
Let it cool. And enjoy.
We made it into chocolate fudge once.
** Damn - GreenAlien you're quick. You beat me to it (at the same time!) hehe ***
C
[This message has been edited by mr486 (edited 31 August 2000).]

hahahhaha you're a fucking legend GreenAlien...only from a Coburg boy
wink.gif

------------------
"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

haste -> he he he he he...I've been looking for leaf for ages so I can friggin' do a bit of cooking! My gf doesn't smoke but she loves the dope cookies! he he he
I tell you, scoring green, e's, t's, goey no prob, but leaf? It's like asking for something ungettable...Sheeesh.
Mr486 -> oops! Sorry bruvva! But I haven't ried doing it teh way you described. What about all the greeny bits left over? Do you throw the whole lot into a muffin/cake mix? Hmmm...might try that one...If I could get my hands on some leaf! Mamma mia!

shit I would have thought there would be heaps of kiff going around....supplies must be drying up
------------------
"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

Maybe. And maybe there's more pizza shops around the norf hey that are cooking up a treat? *insert crazy laugh* muhhahahahahaaaaaa....
Yeah I don't know what it is. Oh well I'll just keep on searchin'!

Yeah these are some damn good methods.
Personally, I'm a slack arse. I chop/blend/grind leaf and a little bud into powder. and chuck it all in one of those instant pancake mixes, and fry.
Quick an easy, and the effect shows. You get equally stoned, but it don't taste too great unless you keep the amount of green down per serve.
I haven't bothered to since high school, but I used to just save all the leaf from whenever I bought pot. And cook up a batch every whenever. It was great for those long boring high school days.

Yeah and at a house-party you can offer your guests a lovely little hash cookie as an appetizer!
Been to many a party where the cookies are flowing, the acid is taking hold "..and the wine went well with the chicken." he he...sorry a bit of ol' Beastie Boys..

hey - if you've only got a small amount,chop up real find - grind into powder if possible (yeah, right), put in a vegemite glass, add olive oil, put in saucepan of water (half way up the vegemite glass) - boil for as long as you can be bothered. Get instant choc chip cookie mix from Safeway (needs oil and milk), mix, cook, eat
smile.gif

Not as strong as bulk cooking, but effective if you only have a couple of grams to cook up.
------------------
>insert witty comment here<