Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Health - Sea Sickness tablets and e

Freak

Bluelighter
Anyone mixed sea sickness tablets/injections with e ?
Not as in to get better results or whatever, but to stop sea sickness.
Just that Seacore might not be so much fun if mixing causes problems.
Anyone with info or experiences ?
ta
------------------
>insert witty comment here<

From what I can tell, most seasickness/nausea medications are antihistamine based (ie. Dramamine (dimenhydrinate), Antivert (meclizine)). They usually make you drowsy, and hence are probably acting as CNS depressants. A newer antinausea seasickness patch, called Scopolamine has side effects of dryness of mouth, and occasional blurry vision, but less drowsiness.
Doctors in Medical Q&A could probably advise on the contraindications of antihistamine and mdma.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

Good Question.
A sheet of some types of sea-sickness tablets (travel calm etc) will send you out of this world. So, there could be a problem if you mix the wrong chemicals
Check to see if the tabs contain Dimenhydrinate (Dramamine) which is an anti-emetic and anti-histamine used most commonly as a motion sickness remedy.
Also check: http://www.erowid.org/pharms/dimenhydrinate/dimenhydrinate_faq.shtml
I would avoid these types of sea-sickness tablets.

I have used "Gravol" brand motion sickness tablets in conjunction with E in the past and have suffered no ill effects/drowsiness etc.
I have cut and pasted a snippet from our friends at Gravol that may be of some interest.
Note that whilst they have the usual and expected warnings regarding combining with other meducation, it appears they are more concerned with a multipier effect when taken with sedatives or hypnotics.
Hope this is of some assistance.
PS: See you at Seacore!!!
Extract to follow:
Gravol
We advise the following information to be provided to the patient:
This advisory is not intended to turn the patient against self-medication, but rather point out the precautions for the safe use of oral/rectal GRAVOL ® (dimenhydrinate, diphenhydramine + 8-chlorotheophylline).
Dimenhydrinate (GRAVOL ®, and numerous other trade names) has long been considered one of the treatments of choice for the degree of motion sickness that travellers might experience 19. Motion sickness is known by many names, e.g., car sickness, sea sickness, air sickness, space sickness, motion sickness, and motion maladaptation syndrome. Motion sickness is a normal response to perception of motion where there is sensory conflict about body motion preceived by different receptors (visual, vestibular, and body proprioceptors). It can also be induced when the pattern of motion differs from that previously experienced, in the absence of expected motion, or viewing a very large screen where the viewer is not actually moving.
< Oral doses must be taken prior to exposure, both to allow absorption and to atain adequate plasma levels. Drugs are usually considerably less effective once symptoms of motion sickness have begun. With the onset of symptoms, absorption becomes less effective, and with vomiting, becomes close to impossible. Once severe manifestations have begun, rectal suppositories may still be an option.
< GRAVOL ® (dimenhydrinate) is available as filmkote tablets, chewable tablets, long-acting capsules, suppositories, and injectables for the use of physicians and hospitals.
<<< Dimenhydrinate (diphenhydramine + 8-chlorotheophylline, GRAVOL ® etc.) may lead to abuse and tolerance.
<< The drug is not intended for prolonged use except upon the advice of the physician.
< Patients should be warned that dimenhydrinate (GRAVOL ®) may impair their ability of operating machinery or driving a car. Drowsiness is a common side effect.
< GRAVOL ® (dimenhydrinate, diphenhydramine + 8-chlorotheophylline) must not be used in children 2 years of age or younger.
< GRAVOL ® for self-medication in adults and children over 12 years of age is 50-100mg every 4-6 hours, not exceeding 400mg within 24 hours, or as directed by the physician. Children 6 to younger than 12 years of age may receive 25-50 mg orally, not exceeding 150mg within 24 hours or as directed by the physician.
< GRAVOL ® for nausea/vomiting of pregnancy should only be given upon the recommendation of the physician.
< Patients with known seizure activity, patients with cardiovascular conditions with or without hypertension, patients with glaucoma, and the elderly, where multiple drug consumption is the norm, must consult the physician before using dimenhydrinate, since the drug may mask abnormal clinical conditions, or may lead to drug interaction accidents and overdose.
< Due to multiple sedative, tranquillizing, hypnotic and other drug use, GRAVOL ® must only be given to psychiatric patients upon the strict advice of the physician, to prevent drug interaction accidents, abuse and possible overdose.
< In cases of severe vertigo, dizziness or nausea/vomiting, self-medication with GRAVOL ® (dimenhydrinate) must not be attempted unless first seen by a physician.
< Patients with known allergy or hypersensitivity to antihistamines must notify their physician first before taking this medication.
------------------
Toeing the line vs. the "E-Conspiracy"

oops.. too late..
I was going to say that I've used both Gravol and Dramamine before having a pill and I had no trouble either.
Sorry, i got no stuff to paste here.