• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

HOLY SHIT- i'm the Christians Number one Draft pick!

pinger

Bluelighter
check out this email i got from their talent scout. I have politely informed them that I have a number of years left on my contract to complete with Team Mongo.........
To: [email protected], [email protected] Save Address
Subject: Your knowledge
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 11:25:50 -0400
Reply Reply All Forward Delete Previous Next Close
Hi Pinger,
Last night I heard a report on ectasy for the first time and I was amazed at how popular it had become and what its side effects were. Today I was amazed at the knowledge you have on this drug.
I admire you for caring about the brains of others being effected in a negative way by this drug, but my question to all of you would be why take it when there can be such side effects that you may not know about right now?
Obviously you are a very intelligent person. I even gleaned info. I needed having a chemical unbalance in my body my whole life that has caused depression. ( I am now on zoloft having prayed about what I needed to help me) Depression is a horrible thing to go through ( I had it deeply for 12 years at one time in my life )and I pray that the drug you are playing with and trying to outwit, will not outwit you down the road years later when your life will take a different turn and be in a new season of your life (raising kids, being married, etc.) It is then when you will have to know yourself, be yourself in order to have relationships that are real and not manufactured. I would want to know that someone loved me from their heart and not from a pill and that it would last past a few hours.
I can only tell you that there is no greater love than when you come to know the one who is love...Jesus Christ. Don't get turned off and say, "oh, she's one of those." I did for too many years and it certainly cost me a lot of my life and years of lost happiness as I swirled in a life between the deepest depths of darkness, horror in nightmares, and unable to feel love from anyone. You have no idea pinger how dark,dark can get.
I don't know the journey you have taken in your life to have such a passion to live in a world of bondage to drugs and lead others into it, but you must know that it is time to take a look at the truth of your life and face the demons that you have worked so hard to get away from. You can only do this with Jesus Christ.
For years I looked for a cure for my depression which came on me like a thick black blanket overnight. I spent thousands of dollars trying to find a cure to no avail and I went to the very best doctors you could buy. It wasn't until I got to the point of realizing that nothing was going to work so why not try God. As I searched for Him, I took a few left hand turns until I finally got on the right track. What a difference it made in my life for I was completely healed after finding out the truth about a question I had in my heart that I did not even know it needed to be answered. I needed thyroid medication and dealt a lot with forgiveness from abuse. This set me completely free from the depression. Jesus Christ became real to me for I knew no one else could have given me the answers I had sought so long to find to cure my depression.
A couple of years ago the depression started coming back and I was so scared for I did not want to spiral down into the black abyss again and lose my life again. I began to pray to Jesus for an answer and this is when I found out that my body is going through some woman changes and my serotonin levels were very low. Zoloft has been the answer even though I am on the lowest dose.
Pinger, I am writing all this to say this to you. Don't play around with something that will eventually destroy the intelligent person that you are. Please take the same passion you are using to lead others and yourself down the wrong road and use it for good. Ask Jesus into your heart today. (Just say it outloud)Repent of the things you have done wrong in your life. Receive His forgiveness and become all the you were created to be to bring light into a dark world. As you help others, this pinger is where you will receive your greatest pleasure from. Ask me, I know.
I pray blessings of strength for you to walk this very narrow path that few ever take. Remember this my friend, the path you are on only leads to eternal death and intense suffering forever. Choose today whom you will serve for with Jesus there is eternal life far more wonderful than you ever imagined. Feel free to write me whenever you want.
Much love,
Linda Hostelley
P.O. Box 1763,
Millsboro, DE. 19966
USA
Speaker\Author of, "Touched by His Staff"
1-302-934-9558

Yes pinger you heathen and demon-worshipper turn your life around! Pray to the God who is sooooo forgiving that he banishes his flock, sends plagues and pests on his followers, left his own son to die on a cross. An all-powerful god who sees it fit to have his teachers pray on young boys and cause many aproblem!
he he he..Nothing against the woman in the email or christians per se but bible bashers just don't know when to say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
But it was a very well-written email.
Nanu, nanu...

Maybe its a good idea to close this thread before someone gets offended.
Religion is a sensitive subject.
Jaff

oh yeah you have my vote on this one
could turn nasty
(does anyone else hate the liberal party and there self serving values and politics playing instead of constituent representation and their lack of respect for environmental issues?)
wink.gif

Yeah I suppose..close the thread if it's going to be a Holy War with many casualties.

"Zoloft has been the answer even though I am on the lowest dose."
..so god i guess is helping her by providing her this drug - same way I look at my use -well not really.

First of all I just wanna have a laff at this little bit (taken completely out of context of course, but y'all read the email so I don't care)
"to have such a passion to live in a world of bondage and drugs"
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Who WOULDN'T have such a passion????
I'm not going to reply on the religious aspect of this thread.. I simply want to on the constant implications in this thread and from other 'non-drug users' that all people who take drugs are using them to 'run away' from something, or 'hide from reality' blah blah di blah fucking blah.
Ever heard of FUN?? Yes FUN! I take drugs because I like to have FUN! I'm not searching for a deeper meaning when I go out. I go out to listen to quality music, dance my ass off, and have a cool experience with people I enjoy hanging out with. I take drugs because I ENJOY them! When I start to NOT enjoy them, I stop. I'm not deprssed, I'm not hiding from any deep dark past and I'm certainly not falling in love with anyone because of a little pill (indirect quote).
Yes drugs are a serious matter and should be handled with care, I don't doubt that for a second,but some people really need to lighten up about the whole thing and realise that we're not all in it for the same reasons.
blah.

don't get me wrong, i'm all for spirituality.
but pushin religion is no different to pushing drugs. you are making a selfish assumption of what other want.
people who need religion will find it
my 0.02

a convo myself and a friend had about religion, evolution and faith. if it is controversial i'm sure we can still have a civilised convo about it in here. i still believe this is a quality forum for a broad range of issues...... your thoughts??
""On the drive home from the gallery they turned off the radio so that they
could talk. It was late afternoon and the sun was setting like a coin into
the horizons slot, the windows were up and the heater was on. They were warm
against the elements.
" Heres a question then," started Michael, " and it is topical at the
minute: from where did we come, the apes or the hand of god?"
" That's a big question to lead off with, if we are to debate it which side
do you want?"
" I'm not looking for a debate, its just in the news at the minute, there is
a conference in Rome and the world scholars have gathered there to discuss
this question. I am sure you would have an opinion."
" An opinion" and he paused to collect his thoughts " If monkey just did as
monkey see then life would fall easily into a status quo. But thank God for
the unreasonable man who doesn't seem to follow the status quo. Those that
push and prod outside the seems of rationale are those that peg the new
boundaries of thought.I think God did create humans from the dust, and I
also think that man did evolve from the apes. Somewhere along the line the
unreasonable man took someone reasonable as a partner or vice versa and as a
consequence a hybrid was born."
" So you are sitting on the fence?" and he said it accusingly.
" No, I'm just having a bet each way. What do you think?"
" I asked the question"
"So answer it!"
Pause.
" I believe Charles Darwin got it right, I find it hard to argue with
evolution."
Michael elaborated on his answer and Peter listened quietly.
As his tutor spoke he wanted to interrupt and explain that evolution, even
with all its mystery did not explain how we developed the ability to blush
and that this and other innately human characteristics could not have been
developed from mere mutation alone, but he didn't this thought was only
germinating inside him and he did not understand it enough himself yet to
explain it to others.
Instead he thought of Eve reaching for the apple and was humbled by the
bravery of her actions. Disobeying the Lord was our first true step toward
becoming human beings and developing our understanding of pain, joy and
morality. If we had acquiesced to the advice we had originally been given
and left the apple tree alone in favor of a painless, pleasureless life then
the tree itself would have eventually been overgrown by the grass and weeds
around it. Why would we need a tree of knowledge if we never experienced the
doubt and pain that necessitated its existence?
" The idea of god is one of faith, not fact; and faith is so damned hard to
maintain over the long run" Michael finished.
" Let me play the devils advocate - so to speak - what is faith but one of
the forces that drives our distinction from the rest of the animal kingdom.
When Eve ate the apple she liberated us from blind faith and sent us all on
a quest for meaning and a more fluid type of belief. Religion / Faith is the
voice that guides us through the minefield of our own disturbing emotions."
" ..... and besides" he continued, " you may not believe in God but let me
ask you if you fear him?"
Michael had not heard Peter speak with such clarity or insight on any other
topic. He had never been so sure of his own thoughts to display them with
such vigor and honesty. As a student he still lived with the unshakeable
doubt that he was probably wrong or that his syntax was not quite right or
that his argument was slightly befuddled, thus such eloquent thoughts were a
serendipitous discovery.
" You have thought about this allot, that is a compelling string of
arguments; I am impressed as another human being, not just a teacher."
" Thanks - but I was just playing devils advocate, I haven't decided if I
believe in those words myself yet."
Being Human is about learning to live with doubt , not necessarily learning
to live with faith. For the theory of evolution to hold the environment has
to have been irrevocably changed at fairly regular intervals to create the
conditions that favored one set of mutations over another. We know with a
fair degree of certainty that this happened. With the onset of each genetic
mutation comes a strengthening of both the doubt that encases the meaning of
our existence and the corresponding faith needed to maintain our belief in a
god. Faith and doubt seem to be so irrevocably linked that one cannot grow
without assisting the other.
" Do you believe that a gritty faith overshadows patent flaws?"
" Yes - Yes" pause.
" Provided the faith is directed toward the greater good."
" The greater good of who?"
" The greater good of those around us"
They drove home entwined and enamored with each other, the way two friends
are after they have just shared a little of each other and not felt bitter
or disappointed with themselves afterwards.
""

Come on, guys, don't go god-bashing just because Linda didn't chose you.
And who's to say that 'heaven' isn't just one big doof party?

"In the name of the father , the son and the Holy Pinger Amen......"
Ha ha ha

Let's not forget the Holy Trinity!
MDMA, LSD and THC
or
GHB, 2-CB, MDMA
Having a catholic upbringing sure as hell gives one some great stories to twist!

Hehehehh.. well, being jewish myself, and having had a jewish upbringing.. i've always been seeing christianity from a different perspective. But I believe that all religion is one and the same, and is fine.. for those who want to accept it or have need for it. I'm completely non-religious.. at least at this point in my life i have no need for it and dont want it.
I learned about C.Darwin's theory in VCE Biol.. and i understand it. only that the "survival of the fittest" theory applies to biological evolution, and no longer applies to humans.. we have a cultural evolution in its place.
It's all big issues.. which we could all go on debating forever.. life's too short.
smile.gif

Pinger, i thought that first post was funny.. a good laugh.. thanks..
------------------
The red blinky world is a whole lot different to this one.

I don't really want to close this thread because there has been a lot of thought put into some of the replies. But, I think that unless further replies deal with the ecstacy/anti-depressant aspects of the original post, this could be better placed in another forum. The drug discussion board is not really the place for theological arguments.
Thanks, BigTrancer
smile.gif

Sorry BT, this has nothing to do with anti depressants, etc., but...
MONA, YOU FUCKING ROCK!!!
I'm glad someone else feels that way about all this - FUN! YAY!
*** shakes hands with the dood they know as "Mona" ***
Dan

Sorry guys, a bit off topic here, but if you want to read a good religious 'spin' book, then get a hold of 'Good Omens' by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. You'll laugh your asses of, then go 'Hmmmmmmm?????......'
------------------
Reg:"You wanna have babies?????"
Stan:"It's my right as a man."
Reg:"But you can't have babies."
Stan:"Don't you oppress me!"
Reg:"I'm not oppressing you Stan, you haven't got a womb! Where's the foetus going to gestate? You gonna keep it in a box?"

hey
I think you should close this thread. Who ever wrote that e-mail to pinger put alot of thought into it, and I dont think they deserve to be mocked.
Some of the replies are okay, except for a few exceptions that are ruining it by mocking the christian religion. Look, I'm not a model catholic or anything, but I think people shouldn't piss all over religion. Its something you gotta respect, no matter what it is, its someones belief.
I don't think that religion should be brought onto a message board, especially a message board about e's and drugs in general...

Repent sinner!
I had a huge convo with a catholic roller (while we were both rolling) and he was feeling guilty and he said "Jesus wouldn't do this shit" Then we debated and finally agreed that jesus would have loved mdma and organised fortnightly to monthly distribution of 150 mg pure mdma caps.
Don't you think jesus would have supported mdma? yes, he would of
smile.gif

haha,,,pinger, write back to her
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Acid_Reign (edited 11 August 2000).]

damn.... why is it always the weeks when i', working 14 hours days that all the good threads get started and i'm just too damned tired to type....
just noticed i said damn twice then.... ooops three times...
rest assured i won't let this thread be closed, i think good intelligent discussion of the subject is well in order, and aside from the occasional flippant and forgivable joke it's been just that.
i'll certainly be bumping this thread up when i can think straight.... right now all i can think is ' "Touched by His Staff" *snigger* forgive me father for i have double entendred'
smile.gif

------------------
"i think i'll stick to drugs to get me thru the long, dark night of late-capitalism..."
Irvine Welsh